PGA @ Sahalee

• 8 Replies

DoGgzbollox

« on: July 18, 2014, 09:23:57 AM »
Sahalee was designed by noted golf course architect Ted Robinson with later renovations by Rees Jones. It has been consistently ranked in the top 100 courses in America by Golf Digest for over 30 years.
   This all weather, year round course is characteristically Northwest with majestic Douglas fir, red cedar and hemlock trees lining its narrow fairways. Sahalee's 27-holes consist of three 9-hole courses of equal caliber (the North, South and East course), any two of which can be combined to a standard 18-hole course.

comin' soon to the golf club.

anserman

« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2014, 10:07:35 AM »
I'm looking forward to this one for sure and know you have plenty of ability to bring it to life accurately.

johneric8

• GroupMember
  • Been here since the beginning!
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2014, 12:50:50 PM »
that will be killer dogz.       are you doing all three 9 hole courses separately?      you can't do 27 holes on one course at this time can you?
Please HB,  give us a way to share user created society templates of our tour course schedules.

DoGgzbollox

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2014, 12:58:19 PM »
i'll do em all separate and publish 3 x 9 hole courses then i'll combine the north and south to replicate the pga championship of 1998, might be a while though, i'm 5 holes in on the south course... not got much time in the coming weeks..damn work!  :)

theclv24

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2014, 07:02:24 PM »
I probably don't know anything... but wouldn't it be more appropriate for an alpine setting for Sahalee? I thought it was all tall pines and what not.

DoGgzbollox

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2014, 08:40:42 PM »
I probably don't know anything... but wouldn't it be more appropriate for an alpine setting for Sahalee? I thought it was all tall pines and what not.

you might be thinking of sawgrass or something similar..sahalee has red cedars which btw we dont have access to but we do have other red trees which can only be found in the autumn theme hence the choice.

coruler2

• GroupMember
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2014, 01:50:43 AM »
Nice re-creation.  Autumn theme fits best...I've seen the course a few times and the autumn will be a decent match...but it is kind of in between the two.  I love NW US golf...not enough buzz around the great courses in Oregon and Washington! 
TGC 2019 Courses:
Negev Valley (TGC2 Port of Israeli National)
The Invaders Golf Site (TGC2019 Original)
Sun Devil Ridge (TGC2 Course remastered)
Connemara Bay Golf Club (TGC2019 Original)
The Legend at Kong Island
*New* Pulseczar Vale

Steam and XB1 name:  coruler2

DoGgzbollox

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2014, 05:47:47 AM »
it is kinda inbetween the two..sahalee has a lot of douglas firs which can make it look slightly alpine here and there...we dont have that tree im afraid..closest i guess would be a spruce but they are lacking in foliage...we make do i guess.

DoGgzbollox

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2014, 07:03:44 AM »
Sahalle south has now been published for play!  :)

space-cash