(Old News Now!) PGA Tour - update from July

• 44 Replies

Doyley

• GroupMember
« on: July 25, 2014, 02:55:12 AM »
***BREAKING NEWS***

It's been over two weeks in the making.  Many hours poured into it and I'm finally able to unveil what I've been working on.  The new PGA Tour has two huge announcements!

1.  All systems supported (PS4, XBOX and PC)
2.  Two tours (PGA Tour/Web.com Tour) with cuts/promotions after each major - play your way onto the PGA Tour (or off of it!)

Details:
All Systems Supported:  Yes that's right!  I took a gamble and started this massive project before knowing the courses would be supported across all systems and it was the key to making this all work.  Well colour me tickled when that was confirmed.  So how will it work?  First of all I'll need to recruit some die hard TGC'ers (one or two from each of the PS4 and XBOX systems) who will act as Tournament Coordinators for their respective system.  They'll be responsible for creating the tournament in the game and for inputting their system's scores into the google spreadsheet.  I'll take care of the PC side.  And that's it!  The spreadsheet does the rest.  The rest of the golfers just have to play the tournament like normal.

Two Tours:  The PGA Tour will have the cream of the crop competing while the Web.com tour will allow those still working out the kinks in their game to have a tour that's closer to their skill level.  Each golfer is assigned a Pro/Am status.  If Pro you're on the PGA Tour and if Am you're on the Web.com tour.  All golfers start on the PGA Tour and after every major your Pro/Am status will update.  If your scores are good enough you keep your PGA Card.  On the other hand, if you struggle on the PGA Tour you will be sent to the Web.com tour where you'll have to work on your game to get your PGA Tour card back.

What's the magic number?  After digging around the PGA website I came up with an average score of 72.7 as the cut line.  If your season scoring average is over 72.7 after a major you'll be assigned to the Web.com tour.  If your scoring average is 72.7 or less you'll get a nice shiny PGA Tour card.  This is all displayed on the spreadsheet - in The Golf Club we are all still playing the same tournament (ie.  PGA Tour - Week 2).  NOTE:  There is a new page not in the link below that will show your scoring average and what your projected Pro/Am status is.  No pressure if you're on the bubble!

I'll be PM'ing some players from the PS4 and XBOX threads in the near future to see if they're interested in helping out.  If you are interested please PM me.  You need to be able to navigate your way around a spreadsheet (basic data entry - name and scores) or be able to send me a picture of the leaderboard from your system.

OK, enough talk - I've run a test season (all 12 weeks) with random data (and names for the most part) so if you want to see a preview of what's to come have a look here:  PGA Tour Beta Sheet.  NOTE:  The beta sheet has some bugs that have been fixed for the final version.  There were some issues with the promoting/demoting that was fixed by Week06.

All I need now are some golfers (from all systems!!)

PGA Tour - Week 2 is just days away.  If you haven't played Week 1 yet you still have until Monday at approx 8am est.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 08:10:08 PM by Doyley »

AndrewG

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2014, 03:29:58 AM »
I can help out on Xbox One if you need some-one.
I Use: Xbox 360 wired gamepad for Windows PC.

Steam Name: FirstBlitzerAu

My Courses

Somersett Lakes CC
The Lakes of Fall Golf Club
Badlands Country Club
Heritage Lakes CDC (Front 9)

steelereign

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2014, 10:07:47 AM »
Well done mate!! 

Dr. Yeti

• GroupMember
  • Handicap: 10
    • My 2014 Golf Stats (RL)
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2014, 01:49:45 PM »
This is great!   I'll give it a go when I get home this evening.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 01:53:41 PM by Dr. Yeti »

TonyTurbo78

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2014, 01:58:37 PM »
Hi guys.

Is it just me, or is there a problem with the Farmers Insurance tournament for rd1?  When I get on the tee, there are 100s of trees all over the fairway and the green, when I tee of my ball goes right through the fairway and makes a splash sound.  Also, my golfer is laying on his belly and swinging the club through the ground, basically the animation is rotated 90 degrees. 
« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 02:52:48 PM by TonyTurbo78 »
8700k @5ghz watercooled, MSI Z370, Vega64 @1700/1100 water cooled, 16b ddr4@ 3600mhz, 1440p 144hz freesync monitor, 960Evo m.2 ssd's, Windows 10

Standard Xbox 360 stock controller

shootermcgavin

• PSN ChiliSauceSalad
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2014, 02:35:14 PM »
I have a huge smile across my chevy chase!!!!
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Intel I5 4670k o/c 4.1ghz, 8gb corsair vengence ram, corsair rm750 psu, gtx660 gpu, 24" benq led monitor,wired xbox 360 controller for pc.
Steam name shooter mcgavin

AndrewG

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2014, 03:07:15 PM »
Hi guys.

Is it just me, or is there a problem with the Farmers Insurance tournament for rd1?  When I get on the tee, there are 100s of trees all over the fairway and the green, when I tee of my ball goes right through the fairway and makes a splash sound.  Also, my golfer is laying on his belly and swinging the club through the ground, basically the animation is rotated 90 degrees.

I am willing to bet that it is just you. :D
I Use: Xbox 360 wired gamepad for Windows PC.

Steam Name: FirstBlitzerAu

My Courses

Somersett Lakes CC
The Lakes of Fall Golf Club
Badlands Country Club
Heritage Lakes CDC (Front 9)

Doyley

• GroupMember
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2014, 03:08:53 PM »
Hi guys.

Unless the game was updated in the last few hours I'm going to have to go with it's just on your end.  I played my rounds last night with no issues.  Maybe try playing the course in single player mode (Great Lake Resort HD) and see if renders fine there?
« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 03:44:20 PM by Doyley »

Biggins

• GroupMember
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2014, 04:00:30 PM »
Brilliant stuff. Well done mate.
Courses published to date:

The Hathaway Par 3 Course, Stratford-Upon-Avon Hotel & Resort
The Shakespeare, Stratford-Upon-Avon Hotel & Resort
Loch Lorne Golf Club
Isla Madeleine Resort
Vale Do Morgado
Ascona National
Hitchens Valley Hotel and Golf Club
Nazca Valley Golf Club
Sevenlakes On The Vale

anserman

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2014, 04:04:23 PM »
I have a huge smile across my chevy chase!!!!
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

and I'll see you after the tournament... in the parking lot!

:)

MAJORHIGH

• Savannah, GA
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2014, 05:17:41 PM »
I don't see a PGA Tour listed under tours.  ???
Yale Golf Course - LIDAR
Mullaugh Harbour
Ekwanok C.C. - LIDAR
The Conservatory - LIDAR
Stonecypher Club
Ford Plantation (RCR)
Davenport Athletic Club
Widow's Talon
Pinhook Saddle Club

(WIP: Terrebonne)
(WIP: Bald Head Island - LIDAR)
(WIP: Newport Country Club - LIDAR)

Doyley

• GroupMember
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2014, 05:29:47 PM »
I don't see a PGA Tour listed under tours.  ???

It's in Tournament - slightly confusing.  But to pull off the PGA Tour each week's event has to be its own Tournament.  Also, I'm changing the name of the tour starting sunday.  The first week's tournament is called "TGC Tour - Week 1".  Follow this thread to see the details:  Click me!
« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 05:32:30 PM by Doyley »

socalkid5

« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2014, 06:51:35 PM »
Ill be getting the ps4 version day 1 once they announce it. I think I can help out. I loved being the club gm in TW '14, this will be even better. PM me with details you are looking for help with.
PSN:socalkid85

tomgregan2

« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2014, 07:04:31 PM »
Doyley well done on all this, this makes the game so much more exciting, and another thing now with the update we will all have same weather(i think) I don't get to play much anymore because of my work, but I will make it my business to play this :) Game does not need a career mode as some have asked, when you have awesome events like this and there is no stat build etc. so its anyone's game :)

Good luck all.
Courses:
The Missing Links.
The Green Pond. 
Lake Evergreen Final Edition.

Rig.
EVGA Gtx 780 ti
AMD Phenom Quad core @ 3.4 GHZ
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit.

ncaa380

• Xbox gamertag : ncaa380
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2014, 07:31:18 PM »
I will be a PS4 day one purchaser here. I will definitely be interested in joining a tour.
thanks to all involved in the great project.
Everyone please play and rate my course: Bluegrass Downs CC

space-cash