Poll

Would you play 4-round no grid Tour similar to CLV/PGA Tour?

Yes
No

Poll: Hardcore Sim - No Grid Tour

• 40 Replies

Doyley

• GroupMember
« on: July 26, 2014, 05:39:22 PM »
Hey guys,

Who's a hardcore sim golfer like me?

I've really been enjoying the no grid option in TGC.  I find it brings my average score from high 50's/low 60's to mid-high 60's to over par and beyond.  I know that it's not for everyone but I'd be willing to run a 2nd tour.  I'd like to include PS4 and Xbox but I'd need some help - otherwise it'd just be PC.  Would definitely get the winning scores into realistic PGA territory.  This would be something I'd start after the game is released so lots of time to vote!

The tour would be 4 rounds for all events.  Would probably do 10 days per event and start each event on a Sunday to give you the most time possible to get the rounds in.  Assuming there's interest. 
« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 05:44:47 PM by Doyley »

J3Y 7E9

« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2014, 06:15:21 PM »
I will if this game ever makes it to Xbox One...:-)
PSN: J3Y7E9
No training wheels Society

TonyTurbo78

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2014, 06:48:09 PM »
i'll put both my hands up, along with both my legs whilst shouting "Me Sir"  ;D
8700k @5ghz watercooled, MSI Z370, Vega64 @1700/1100 water cooled, 16b ddr4@ 3600mhz, 1440p 144hz freesync monitor, 960Evo m.2 ssd's, Windows 10

Standard Xbox 360 stock controller

Doyley

• GroupMember
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2014, 06:56:36 PM »
i'll put both my hands up, along with both my legs whilst shouting "Me Sir"  ;D

Sounds like you're in...ha!

tastegw

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2014, 07:13:56 PM »
I'd play

coruler2

• GroupMember
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2014, 07:18:05 PM »
I'm in.  I enjoy both with and without grid
TGC 2019 Courses:
Negev Valley (TGC2 Port of Israeli National)
The Invaders Golf Site (TGC2019 Original)
Sun Devil Ridge (TGC2 Course remastered)
Connemara Bay Golf Club (TGC2019 Original)
The Legend at Kong Island
*New* Pulseczar Vale

Steam and XB1 name:  coruler2

MAJORHIGH

• Savannah, GA
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2014, 07:27:59 PM »
I'll try anything.
Yale Golf Course - LIDAR
Mullaugh Harbour
Ekwanok C.C. - LIDAR
The Conservatory - LIDAR
Stonecypher Club
Ford Plantation (RCR)
Davenport Athletic Club
Widow's Talon
Pinhook Saddle Club

(WIP: Terrebonne)
(WIP: Bald Head Island - LIDAR)
(WIP: Newport Country Club - LIDAR)

steelereign

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2014, 08:27:41 PM »
Definitely in on this!

Doyley

• GroupMember
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2014, 08:38:26 PM »
Well I'm a sucker for small sample sizes so I've already started modding the sheet for a Hardcore tour.  Keep on voting though because the more people endorse it the harder I work!

DoGgzbollox

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2014, 08:56:08 PM »
i would but not 4 rnds of the same course with the same pins...3 is bad enough, if that is what you are thinking for a major then the course of choice should be released with diff pins.

Doyley

• GroupMember
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2014, 09:03:29 PM »
i would but not 4 rnds of the same course with the same pins...3 is bad enough, if that is what you are thinking for a major then the course of choice should be released with diff pins.

Unfortunately those are the cards we're dealt at the moment.  But over a 10 day period 4 rounds won't be too bad.  In one sitting it might be a bit much.  Maybe by the time the Tour kicks off multiple pins will be in the works.

Doyley

• GroupMember
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2014, 09:05:38 PM »
if that is what you are thinking for a major then the course of choice should be released with diff pins.

Doing this would be a logistical nightmare - you'd need to create 4 Tournaments and then make sure everyone finds and plays them properly.  I'll just be sticking to the 1 tournament w/ 4 rounds to keep my sanity (and have all the scores in one spot)

AndrewG

« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2014, 09:19:07 PM »
if that is what you are thinking for a major then the course of choice should be released with diff pins.

Doing this would be a logistical nightmare - you'd need to create 4 Tournaments and then make sure everyone finds and plays them properly.  I'll just be sticking to the 1 tournament w/ 4 rounds to keep my sanity (and have all the scores in one spot)

You wouldn't have to create 4 different tournaments you would have to set it up as tour instead (well that would happen automatically), the real problem would be as follows,  you would have to hassle the creator of the course you want to use for the tournament to make 3 more versions of his/her course with different pins placements.

eg
GC day1
Gc Day2
GC Day3
GC Day4
I Use: Xbox 360 wired gamepad for Windows PC.

Steam Name: FirstBlitzerAu

My Courses

Somersett Lakes CC
The Lakes of Fall Golf Club
Badlands Country Club
Heritage Lakes CDC (Front 9)

Doyley

• GroupMember
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2014, 10:01:30 PM »

You wouldn't have to create 4 different tournaments you would have to set it up as tour instead (well that would happen automatically), the real problem would be as follows,  you would have to hassle the creator of the course you want to use for the tournament to make 3 more versions of his/her course with different pins placements.

eg
GC day1
Gc Day2
GC Day3
GC Day4

Yea I guess a tour would work since the leaderboard would be offline on the spreadsheet anyways.  Another problem would be entering the scores as it would take 4x as long.  I think we'll just have to convince HB that multiple pins in a Tournament is the way to go ;)

AndrewG

« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2014, 10:07:01 PM »
The other problem with tours is that I don't think you can see other players individual round (event) scores, only their final tour total at the end, so this would be an issue also.
I Use: Xbox 360 wired gamepad for Windows PC.

Steam Name: FirstBlitzerAu

My Courses

Somersett Lakes CC
The Lakes of Fall Golf Club
Badlands Country Club
Heritage Lakes CDC (Front 9)

space-cash