Poll

Would you play 4-round no grid Tour similar to CLV/PGA Tour?

Yes
No

Poll: Hardcore Sim - No Grid Tour

• 40 Replies

Doyley

• GroupMember
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2014, 10:37:03 PM »
The other problem with tours is that I don't think you can see other players individual round (event) scores, only their final tour total at the end, so this would be an issue also.

I think you're right.  I think that would make a nice feature though and hopefully will be added (as well as seeing scores from people who haven't finished all rounds in a Tournament).

smokeufools

« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2014, 10:38:11 PM »
I would do it. I will be on the XB1.

Doyley

• GroupMember
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2014, 02:00:58 AM »
Finished the spreadsheet - just need the game released now ;)

MaddenBallerz

« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2014, 07:31:21 PM »
I am getting this on PS4 when it releases. How do I join this and can any one join?

Doyley

• GroupMember
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2014, 07:39:18 PM »
I am getting this on PS4 when it releases. How do I join this and can any one join?

My other tour is up (in my sig) and running MaddenBallerz.  Once TGC is released for PS4 I have a couple guys on each system that will create the tournament and you just have to find it and play it.  As for this no grid tour - as long as I get some more help from some PS4 and Xbox guys I'll open it up to those systems.  I don't have either so I have no way to view the scores (to input them in the spreadsheet) or start the tournaments.

fljon

« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2014, 01:44:09 AM »
I'm up for this. Will be playing on Xbox One and can help with tour setup (once I figure out what in the heck I'm doing).

Doyley

• GroupMember
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2014, 02:49:13 AM »
I'm up for this. Will be playing on Xbox One and can help with tour setup (once I figure out what in the heck I'm doing).

Great!  I'll be in touch once the game is released

shootermcgavin

• PSN ChiliSauceSalad
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2014, 10:15:05 AM »
I'm in.  :)
Intel I5 4670k o/c 4.1ghz, 8gb corsair vengence ram, corsair rm750 psu, gtx660 gpu, 24" benq led monitor,wired xbox 360 controller for pc.
Steam name shooter mcgavin

NevadaBallin

« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2014, 02:15:56 AM »
I hadn't really played without grids until the last couple of days because I have to play on low/med resolution. I didn't think I'd be able to read the breaks without hidh. But using the 360 view has actually done ok for me so far (just shot a -6 at Mojave Palms). Obviously will be high res on PS4 which is my native platform so yea, i'd play in the no grids.
Twitch Channel>  http://www.twitch.tv/YoNevadaBallin

Come by and say hello

***TGC 2019 Courses***
- Montreux Barracuda (RCR Montreux, Reno, NV)
- St Alphonso GC FXD
- Idlewild South Memorial GC
- Bacarra Golf Club

bilbosmeggins

« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2014, 10:10:44 AM »
I'd be up for a no grids comp too.  Would also like to try a comp where shot preview camera is disabled too, but that might be pushing it a bit for some  ;)

As regards the creating 4 versions of each course with different pin placements........  Wouldn't that really only work well once a certain degree of control over the wind speed and direction is given to us.  In real life I believe that pin placements are chosen in conjunction with the weather forecast so as to make things challenging yet playable.

Doyley

• GroupMember
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2014, 05:00:24 PM »
OK - time to get this tour set up and ready to go in time for the game's release.  Here's the outline of the tour.

1.  This tour's main goal is to get the winning scores down to the mid-teens
2.  It will be no grid/no scout camera for all events
3.  I will not rule out turning off other aides if the winning scores remain close to -30
4.  4 rounds per Tournament, 20 Tournament season (majors every 4 weeks)
5.  No grid/no scout options will remain off regardless of the course selected (hello copper creek!)
6.  If this is to be cross platform I'll need volunteers from the PS4 and XBOX systems to create the tournaments and input scores into a Google spreadsheet
7.  At this point it's just one leaderboard (no Web.com tour)  If participation is high and people want a 2nd leaderboard (like the PGA Tour) I'll put one in

It will be an extremely tough test of golf - so just make sure you know what you're getting yourself into when you tee it up!  For more relaxed tours you can tee it up on CLV's weekly tour or the PGA Tour which has dropped the no grid majors in favour of no scout cam majors

Now for the biggest issue - I don't have a name for this new tour.
Please give me some suggestions as I'm stuck on Hardcore Tour, No Grid Tour (NGT) and Sim Tour
I need something that warns the golfer that what they are about to do will be the most challenging round(s) of golf they'll find in the game.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 05:03:03 PM by Doyley »

PJeddie

« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2014, 05:50:56 PM »
I'm in for a no grid league and I really enjoy the no scout cam. Makes the game feel more authentic and rewarding with each birdie ya make. As for a name, maybe EGL (Elite Golf League) I know, pretty lame but that's all I got..

I only have one thing, please leave wind ON. The only way really was to watch the hole preview to see the flag, but that's a a pain in the butt and it makes the a round take to long to play. Until they let us just toss some grass in the air I say pooy. Its almost as annoying as NO shot suggestion.. Cycling thru all the clubs every shot was terrible..

Not that I'm complaining.. lol Just thought I would tell you how I feel before the tour started..

Also love all the work you're doing with these leagues, great job Doyle and theclv24 for getting it all started....

Doyley

• GroupMember
« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2014, 05:56:48 PM »
I only have one thing, please leave wind ON.

Don't worry - especially with the way the wind is now there's no real point in turning it off.  I'm not sure which of the other aides I may use but it'd have to be a pretty low score to make me want to add to the no grid/no scout camera.  The approach camera is critical with no grids - so that will always been on.  Shot suggestion is more annoying than anything so that will always be on.

If anyone posts a -30 or better with no grids/scout camera and the 2nd place guy is at -15 or less, then I'll just applaud that leader and nothing will change.  It's when the top 10 are all in the -30 range or better that I'll have to look at ways to get it down.

Doyley

• GroupMember
« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2014, 06:14:32 PM »
XGA Tour (eXtreme Golf association?)

PJeddie

« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2014, 06:19:37 PM »
Great to hear about the wind.

Also, have you thought about making a 3 round tournament to be played in 7 days or whatever you want to set it at and then starting another tournament for 1 round (the final round) to played in 1-3 days. Or 2 tournaments of 2 rounds each (maybe even a cut line) I know, probably more work on the recording of the scores and keeping track of stats but it could make for some exciting live finishes by having the top players play each other at the same time if they can.. It also helps with playing in different wind speeds.. The way the wind is now you can play all 4 rounds with pretty much the same wind speed and by the 4th round every shot starts looking the same. This would help with lowering of the scores, playing different rounds at different times..

Might be just to much work, but just throwing out some suggestions to get the scores down and where you would like them...

space-cash