Lost Lake Woods Club (15%)

• 4 Replies

JayJayJames3223

« on: July 27, 2014, 08:43:42 AM »
Hey guys! I'm currently working on a real life course I have played countless time. It's located about 3 hours north of me in a secluded private community/subdivision. (My grandmother lives here)
You can find more info here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lost_Lake_Woods,_Michigan and http://www.lostlakewoodsclub.com/

Now, on to the task at hand.

In 1928 a nine hole golf course was erected in northern Michigan. By 1931, the club decided to add a subdivision that eventually grew into a great community and a northern getaway for families that includes over 11,000 acres of woods for hunting, fishing, and much more. Plus horseback riding, guns and bow and arrow ranges, and a beach. As the community grew, it was only natural that the golf course had to, as well. Thus in the early 1960s, LLWC began adding the back nine on the ol' golf course. Today the community has over 1,000 members, with a little over 300 of them living there full time in nearly 200 households. This truly is a wonderful, quite, and somewhat isolated golfing experience that is always a pleasure to play.

I've completed 3 holes so far. Doing my best to recapture everything that makes this course great to play.

Scorecard:

Hole number 3 is pictured, which you can see below.

Layout:

Real Life Image: (the scorecard represents the correct layout as changes were made in 2010.

TGC Overhead:

Hole 1:

Hole 2 from Ladies Tee:

Hole 3:

Unfortunately I didn't have space to add the driving range, but it wouldn't be seen from the course anyway so it doesn't matter. There a few things I need to adjust (noticeably the back bunkers on 3 are far too low, womens tee on hole 2 is misplaced, and I'm missing the newly added bunker on the left and skinny fairway to the hole) but other than that these 3 holes are basically all done.

It should wind up playing at "easiest" as it's a fairly easy course in real life, which makes it even easier in video game form, I'm just really excited to bring this to life and share it with people who would never even know it existed.

I'll keep this updated as I complete more, and should expect to open to the public by late August.
I hope you guys enjoy, and are hoping to see more as I continue on.

Once, I'm done I'll make a new thread in the completed board with screenshots and a complete writeup of the course.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 08:54:12 AM by JayJayJames3223 »
Steam: RhythmicSlaps

Tcary333

« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2014, 03:04:58 AM »
Looks accurate man. I myself am going to be creating some local courses in my area when the PS4 version drops.

Keep up the good work! How are the new surface tools?
My courses:

The Golf Club at Birchwood

The Kootenai Club

JayJayJames3223

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2014, 08:12:52 AM »
Looks accurate man. I myself am going to be creating some local courses in my area when the PS4 version drops.

Keep up the good work! How are the new surface tools?

They're pretty good. They definitely open up a ton of possibilities.

anserman

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2014, 09:06:43 AM »
as the guy who mows your teeboxes... those rocks cause me some trouble :)

JayJayJames3223

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2014, 09:47:25 AM »
as the guy who mows your teeboxes... those rocks cause me some trouble :)

If I could place more tee box markers I would!

space-cash