Comstock Trail (Beta released 8/24)

• 40 Replies

Bradley Stuart

• Hey all you young hockey players!
« on: July 29, 2014, 01:05:38 PM »
*******************  EDIT  *******************

Uploaded a beta version of this course on August 24th titled "Untitled Beta".
There is no planting as of yet and some tweaks will undoubtedly be made, but the full course is playable to anyone who wants to give it a preview.

*******************  EDIT  *******************

Hey guys.  I had 8 holes pretty much done of a new 9 hole desert course when version 1.0 dropped last Friday.   I've had a few days to tinker with the new and improved GNCD and I am totally in love.  I have decided to just redo the entire course with the new tools.  I left the greens alone and am putting in all new fairways, tees, bunkers and rough.  Everything is laid by hand so I will be able to utilize different teeboxes for different versions of the course without it changing the layout one iota.

Anyway, here are a couple of snapshots I took yesterday...

....I'm currently redoing the 5th hole and I still haven't given the course a name yet.  ;D  Also not sure I can keep it as a 9 hole layout, I think it's going to deserve a full 18. 
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 01:51:59 PM by bradleystuart »

Nightowl

« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2014, 01:35:37 PM »
Gorgeous!  Looks so natural.

tastegw

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2014, 02:52:24 PM »
this looks good, fairways look like a challenge.

Doovy

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2014, 03:58:44 PM »
Looks absolutely amazing.

Bought the game 4 days ago, and just started really getting into the course creation late yesterday and early today, and this makes me want to completely restart, due to the fact that mine does not even remotely compare.

Keep up the good work. Excited to try it.
Steam ID: ADoovy
Xbox: Doovy
PSN: Doovy-

Bradley Stuart

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2014, 04:43:02 PM »
Thanks guys.  I spent a good chunk of time tweaking the plot of land before even thinking about the layout of the course.   That's the main reason I wanted to redo this one rather than starting over from scratch.  There are so many awesome things you can do with the new tools.  I'll try to get a few more pics up this week, but it will be a long while before it is ready for publishing.

Actually, I saved the plot to another folder before I started the layout...I'll check and see if I can find it.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2014, 02:07:05 PM by bradleystuart »

HB_LorinB

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2014, 05:37:03 PM »
Looks great, bradley!

Bradley Stuart

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2014, 07:03:11 PM »
Here are a few pictures of the plot of land I started out with...

« Last Edit: August 30, 2014, 02:06:08 PM by bradleystuart »

Drgnslyr221

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2014, 02:37:25 AM »
Great plot. Wouldn't be hard to layout a great course with that canvas.

Elz_41

• GroupMember
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2014, 10:23:34 AM »
This is already exciting
Co-Host of TGCTLive! www.twitch.tv/tgctlive

johneric8

• GroupMember
  • Been here since the beginning!
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2014, 11:18:32 AM »
love it man :)
Please HB,  give us a way to share user created society templates of our tour course schedules.

bilbosmeggins

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2014, 03:13:41 PM »
How do you get your photos looking natural and vibrant?  Other people are able to take great pics of a great game, but they do look like "game" pictures.  Your's look so real.  Little bit of Photoshop going on?  Either way I'm impressed, and can't wait to smack a ball down the fairway of pic #2  :)

Bradley Stuart

« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2014, 07:22:36 PM »
How do you get your photos looking natural and vibrant?  Other people are able to take great pics of a great game, but they do look like "game" pictures.  Your's look so real.  Little bit of Photoshop going on?  Either way I'm impressed, and can't wait to smack a ball down the fairway of pic #2  :)

Since you are not the first to ask, I will answer this but it deserves it's own thread.  I have been talking about doing a screenshot tutorial for some time now and I promise that I will put one together if not tonight, by tomorrow morning at the latest.  In the meantime here are a couple more shots of the new course...

The second picture is from behind the 7th green, a long uphill par 5.  It's the hole I'm currently working on so it's a little rough and there aren't any bunkers yet.  ;)

Bradley Stuart

« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2014, 09:23:10 AM »
My photo tutorial is now posted!  Here is the link...

http://www.hb-studios.com/forum/index.php?topic=4100.0

DoGgzbollox

« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2014, 12:54:13 PM »
look forward to it m8....looks gr8

Bradley Stuart

« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2014, 01:14:56 PM »
I should be pretty much done with the 9th hole by the end of the day, which puts me right on schedule.  I have also decided that I will be putting in another nine holes for a full layout.  Since the full release looks like it may only be another 3 or 4 weeks away, I am going to hold off on planting until the final version is out.  That gives me plenty of time to lay out the front nine (what I have now will most likely be the back nine), decide on a name and do all of my tweaking and testing.   Both nines will be published separately but I want the back to be visible when playing the front side and vice versa.

Here are a few more snapshots of the progression...

space-cash