Comstock Trail (Beta released 8/24)

• 40 Replies

DoGgzbollox

« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2014, 02:22:30 PM »
aww m8 why not release the 9 holer then push on to 18  ;) c'mon u know u wanna!!!!

Stein276

« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2014, 12:30:00 AM »
This looks really good Bradley, can't wait to play it on the PS4.

coruler2

• GroupMember
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2014, 02:47:58 AM »
Bradley-  This course it looking pretty awesome...and I see a lot of things I like in a course in it so far.  You know I've been a little critical on your past efforts, but I'm a humble man and if this course turns out excellent like I'm hoping...I'll be the first to say so and congratulate you and promote the course. 
TGC 2019 Courses:
Negev Valley (TGC2 Port of Israeli National)
The Invaders Golf Site (TGC2019 Original)
Sun Devil Ridge (TGC2 Course remastered)
Connemara Bay Golf Club (TGC2019 Original)
The Legend at Kong Island
*New* Pulseczar Vale

Steam and XB1 name:  coruler2

Bradley Stuart

• Hey all you young hockey players!
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2014, 05:12:19 PM »
Thank you, Dale.  Besides the obvious fact that we are no longer limited to the parallel fairways as we were before, the true beauty of this course will be the fact that I can release a 6,700 yard version, a 7,200 yard version and maybe a few in between.  ;)

As for construction, it's going a lot slower on the back side.  The front nine had all of the green complexes in place already and I have to build them from scratch for the back.  I am currently working on the 13th hole but still hope to be done with all of the elevation work by the official release date.

Oh yeah, one other thing I have noticed is that the GNCD doesn't add the plethora of bushes, rocks and cacti along the outer edge of each hole when you make your fairways with custom shapes.  :(  This means that planting is probably going to take a bit longer than I had originally hoped.  Oh well, here are some pictures of what the back nine looks like thus far...

10th hole.  Medium length par 4 that snakes around a few deep bunkers.  The shallow and elevated green demands that you put your tee shot in the fairway here.

11th hole.  Short par 4 that plays severely uphill.  The fairway is horizontally dissected by a patch of desert, so even with a stiff wind at your back you will want to think twice about trying to drive the green.

12th hole.  This par 3 plays between 140 and 190 yards depending on which of the 4 teeboxes you hit from.  A big drop (60 to 80 feet) to a green flanked by water on the front left and front right sides.

13th hole.  A mid length par 4 with a split fairway.  The left side is a narrower target but gives you a better angle into the green.  BTW, I'm still working on this hole so there are no bunkers yet.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 01:26:36 AM by bradleystuart »

Bradley Stuart

« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2014, 05:32:19 PM »
Hey guys.  I put in an offer on a pizzeria here in town a few days ago and just got word last night that our offer was accepted.  I won't be officially taking over until the end of the month but I'm going to have so much on my plate now that I won't be able to do much work on the golf course for a while.  Not sure how much time I'll be able to sneak in but maybe I can have it ready by the end of the year.   8)

I know I mentioned somewhere on here that we had bought a step van in the spring with the intention of converting it into a food truck.  Doesn't look like I'll be needing it now so if you know anyone who needs a delivery vehicle or would like to take a shot at the food truck business, let me know I'll give them a good deal.

I'll try to keep an eye on the forums and I'm really looking forward to hearing more about this simulator from ProTee...it would be nice to hit a few balls when I get home from a long day at the pizza shop.  ;)

anserman

« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2014, 04:11:30 PM »
Bradley,

Keep the truck for a future food truck selling your pizza!

Bradley Stuart

« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2014, 04:16:03 PM »
I've been sneaking in a little work wherever I can.  Been working on the 14th hole for four days now and I think I finally wrapped it up.  It's a par 5 that saddles a large ridge.  Deep bunkers guard the tee shot and if you go for the green and miss to the left it will roll 20-30 yards downhill to the water's edge.  An easy birdie/possible eagle with a friendly wind, but a nasty blind layup if you can't get to the top of the hill.

View from the front teebox....bombs away!

Make it up here and you have a nice view of the green...just don't miss it to the left.  ;)

Oh yeah, the 13th has bunkers now!

I've got a million things to do over the next two weeks, but maybe I can sneak in enough time to get the elevation work done on the rest of the course and release an unplanted preview/beta at the end of the month.  It's going to take a long time to plant this bad boy.  As I mentioned earlier you lose the auto-planted bushes on the desert courses when you zero out the fairways and rough.

Bradley Stuart

« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2014, 04:28:45 PM »
Bradley,

Keep the truck for a future food truck selling your pizza!

That was the main reason we decided to go brick and mortar.  An average pizza deck oven weighs about 2,500 pounds and runs at 500-600 degrees or more.  There is a reason you don't see a lot of food trucks selling pizza.   8)

I would love to keep it and convert it into an RV someday (see pic below) but It won't fit in my garage, my HOA will have a fit if I put it on the street and it's costing me too much to store it right now.  Bought it at auction for a really good price so I should be able to flip it for a couple of extra bucks.

jwfickett

« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2014, 04:30:59 PM »
This course looks great so far.  I'm jealous of you guys that can design in the desert.  I don't have the eye for it.
#width #angles

Reebdoog

• GroupMember
  • needs new clubs...
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2014, 04:34:52 PM »
DUDE! What kind of pizza? Will you have Anchovies? Thin crust? Pan? Deep dish?

I NEED FOOD DETAILS!

I just went to Lou Malnatis which is like my 2nd favorite pizza in the world. HAPPY PLACE!

There's a place here in Des Moines called Gusto that makes some crazy good pizza. They have one called "Seoul Food" that's made with Kimchi that is freaking AWESOME!
Olafsen Skerries
Turu Wero
Warrior Ridge
Hyperion Fields
Old Tom's Ferry
Einstakt Foss Golfklubb
The Sonoma Sands Golf Club
Bandit Ridge
Bridges at Paradise Cove
Fenyard Keep
Edenvale (Major and Members)

DAM stuff:
Ardoilean
Silver City Beach Club

anserman

« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2014, 05:43:32 PM »
From my hometown... the best pizza in the world

Mother Bears pizza!

http://www.motherbearspizza.com/

Bradley Stuart

« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2014, 05:44:03 PM »
This course looks great so far.  I'm jealous of you guys that can design in the desert.  I don't have the eye for it.

The desert theme more than any other requires a good plot of land to start with I believe.  With no trees to disguise the background or add contrasting shadows it demands a bit more attention to detail to make it look good.  Being that I live in the desert, I may be a little biased however.

DUDE! What kind of pizza? Will you have Anchovies? Thin crust? Pan? Deep dish?

I NEED FOOD DETAILS!

I just went to Lou Malnatis which is like my 2nd favorite pizza in the world. HAPPY PLACE!

There's a place here in Des Moines called Gusto that makes some crazy good pizza. They have one called "Seoul Food" that's made with Kimchi that is freaking AWESOME!

Lou Malnati's makes some damn good pizza for sure and there's nothing better than a Chicago deep dish pie and a GOODBEER.  I really can't give many details yet about the place we are buying because the employees still don't know about the sale.  I can say that we will be keeping the existing name and menu for at least a couple of months and then I'll decide what direction to go.   There will definitely be a Chicago style pie available from day one on the 'secret' menu though.   ;)

As for Kimichi, I've never had it.  We have a Koreatown down near the Palms and Rio, I'll have to go hunt some down and try it out.

anserman

« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2014, 05:47:29 PM »
Lou's is good but I prefer Genoe's

Buuuuuuuuut

the one I posted is better :)

Bradley Stuart

« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2014, 05:50:43 PM »
From my hometown... the best pizza in the world

Mother Bears pizza!

http://www.motherbearspizza.com/

That does look really good.  Now I'm getting hungry.  :D

aftrshok99

« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2014, 06:01:51 PM »
Oh now you just didn't post that pic........ughhhhhhhhhhh that loooooks soooooo good....I'm starving right now......drool  :'(
Steam Name: aftrshok99
PSN: aftrshok99

Courses:
The Forum Country Club - Hole 16

In Progress:
WHCC (Local Course)

space-cash