Comstock Trail (Beta released 8/24)

• 40 Replies

DoGgzbollox

Reebdoog

• GroupMember
  • needs new clubs...
« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2014, 06:20:14 PM »
See, I like Gino's and Giordano's but I just like the "sauce" at Lou's better. It's pretty much just fresh maters... acidic and tasty.

However! Best pizza in Chicago may be pretty close between lou's and Peace Pizza. They have a thin crust, not deep dish but it's freaking AWESOME.

Best pizza I ever had was at a resort in Cancun mexico. Had tomatoes, basil, fresh mozzalrella and anchovies. OH MY GOSH good.
Olafsen Skerries
Turu Wero
Warrior Ridge
Hyperion Fields
Old Tom's Ferry
Einstakt Foss Golfklubb
The Sonoma Sands Golf Club
Bandit Ridge
Bridges at Paradise Cove
Fenyard Keep
Edenvale (Major and Members)

DAM stuff:
Ardoilean
Silver City Beach Club

Elz_41

• GroupMember
« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2014, 05:13:40 AM »

My mate Walt and his mate Jessie are looking for a van similar to this....
...what are the cooking capabilities like?

;)
Co-Host of TGCTLive! www.twitch.tv/tgctlive

anserman

« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2014, 08:38:04 AM »

;)

lol nice - they better put in some ventilation

Bradley Stuart

• Hey all you young hockey players!
« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2014, 08:55:08 PM »

LOL!!

Actually the lot I have it stored in right now has an old burned out Winnebago four spaces down from me.  Every time I see it I can't help but think of Walt's RV.  8)

anserman

« Reply #35 on: August 16, 2014, 11:04:18 AM »
Never been so hooked on at tv show but that one

I actually came to it a few years after it aired and my Wife and I binged the entire thing in 2 weeks lol

Bradley Stuart

« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2014, 12:10:08 PM »
Never been so hooked on at tv show but that one

I actually came to it a few years after it aired and my Wife and I binged the entire thing in 2 weeks lol

Yeah, same here.  We watched the first 3 seasons on DVD in the span of a week or two, it's hard to stop watching once you get started.  :D  Should be interesting to see what they do with Better Call Saul.

Bradley Stuart

« Reply #37 on: August 17, 2014, 12:19:42 PM »
So I have the 15th and 16th holes pretty much done now.  I'm trying to get an hour or two of design time in each morning so I can get the full layout done by the end of the month.  Looks like I will definitely have some new objects when it comes time to start planting.  Here are a few shots of the new holes...

The 15th is a short par 3 with a very wide yet shallow green that is protected in front by water.  Lots of interesting places to put some pins on this green.

The 16th is a medium/long par 4 with a dogleg right.  You can get into trouble with the driver here so I suggest a fairway wood off the tee and a mid/long iron into the ample green.

Bradley Stuart

« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2014, 12:31:26 AM »
Just finished up the 18th hole this evening.  Sorry, didn't take any pictures yet.  Got a whole lot of playtesting, tweaking and planting to do before it's fully done but I've been thinking of releasing a beta tomorrow.  I'm really itching to play this course with some wind.  :P

Bradley Stuart

« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2014, 02:25:17 AM »
Put up a beta version this morning (Untitled Beta) so that I could finally play the course with some wind and it was the calmest day I've seen on this game since they introduced the global wind.  ???

Anyhow, here are a couple shots of the final two holes...

I'm not going to have much time for golf from here on, but I am shooting for a final published version by early November.  8)
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 01:53:50 PM by bradleystuart »

Bradley Stuart

« Reply #40 on: August 29, 2014, 09:02:58 PM »
Hey guys, just wanted to say thank you to everyone who gave the beta version a run.  Even though it plays from the middle set of tees and I slowed down the greens a few notches it looks like it's playing a little tougher than I had expected.  A little bit of wind makes a world of difference.  :P  Thanks again.

space-cash