Adding To Green - Combine

• 6 Replies

aftrshok99

« on: July 29, 2014, 10:58:29 PM »
When adding shapes to a green, bunker or even fairways for that matter, you end up having multiple layers of objects. Is it possible to have the ability to combine all the shapes into one layer so to speak? Example: You have a green that you've added 3 other shapes to it in order to get the green you want. It would be nice to be able to combine those 3 shapes with the original green into one shape. That way its not highlighting every shape and only treats it as the original green.

Does that make anys sense?  :o If it doesn't I'm blaming it on the Samuel Smith's Organic Chocolate Stout beer I just drank.  ;D
Steam Name: aftrshok99
PSN: aftrshok99

Courses:
The Forum Country Club - Hole 16

In Progress:
WHCC (Local Course)

steelereign

« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2014, 12:11:21 AM »
When adding shapes to a green, bunker or even fairways for that matter, you end up having multiple layers of objects. Is it possible to have the ability to combine all the shapes into one layer so to speak? Example: You have a green that you've added 3 other shapes to it in order to get the green you want. It would be nice to be able to combine those 3 shapes with the original green into one shape. That way its not highlighting every shape and only treats it as the original green.

Does that make anys sense?  :o If it doesn't I'm blaming it on the Samuel Smith's Organic Chocolate Stout beer I just drank.  ;D

Yep.  I agree.  As a Photoshop user, it would be similar to "flattening layers" and would be useful.

HB_LorinB

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2014, 07:55:23 AM »
I will add this as a feature request.  And, yes, what you are saying does make sense :)

UrsusArctos

• Golf-Teacher EGTF
    • GrizzlyGolfAcademy
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2014, 08:43:30 AM »
Makes sense, but not only for greens. FW's, rough, Heavyrough and nongenerative aereas as well. Its the same problem.
Chris
Steam: UrsinaArctica
Courses released: some ....

aftrshok99

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2014, 09:39:48 AM »
Yep.  I agree.  As a Photoshop user, it would be similar to "flattening layers" and would be useful.

Yes pretty much like that.

I will add this as a feature request.  And, yes, what you are saying does make sense :)

Thanks Lorin  :D

Makes sense, but not only for greens. FW's, rough, Heavyrough and nongenerative aereas as well. Its the same problem.

Yes for all of those too, I just put more emphasis on greens because it was bugging me last night. Everytime I was moving the cursor over the green it was highlighting the added shapes and I was having a hard time seeing the grid.

« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 10:03:14 AM by aftrshok99 »
Steam Name: aftrshok99
PSN: aftrshok99

Courses:
The Forum Country Club - Hole 16

In Progress:
WHCC (Local Course)

Reebdoog

• GroupMember
  • needs new clubs...
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2014, 11:38:06 AM »
Not directly related...but close enough to not start it's own topic.

When I put down a LARGE brush of fairway or rough I can't seem to select it for deletion no matter what I do. I can go full on verticle, from a steep angle...nada. I just can't select it.

I've worked around it so far and had to change a hole to accomodate it once (it turned out fine) but I'm not sure why the selection tool is so finicky about it. It's ALMOST as bad as trying to delete a Critter... HA!
Olafsen Skerries
Turu Wero
Warrior Ridge
Hyperion Fields
Old Tom's Ferry
Einstakt Foss Golfklubb
The Sonoma Sands Golf Club
Bandit Ridge
Bridges at Paradise Cove
Fenyard Keep

DAM stuff:
Ardoilean
Silver City Beach Club

bagofholding

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2014, 02:10:53 PM »
Here is another suggestion while we're on the merge brushes together type thing:

Allow us to make a brush out of a selected surface or in the least add a STROKE or outline to a shape to let us create rough around our custom surface fairways.

And finally, maybe an option to REMOVE/SUBTRACT an area from a surface.

I was trying to make a hole with a surface fairway and decided I wanted to not have the fairway attach to the green.  I was left with 2 options.  Move the green somewhere farther along or delete my fairway brush since I could not add rough over it due to the fairway layer trumping rough.  I could overcome it by placing a bunker but we may not always want that option.

I'm sure we'll be getting some better features as this was the first go with the surfaces but still, great work guys!

space-cash