Next project. Pre-alpha plot test published with Meadow/mountain and Lake/River.

• 41 Replies

Drgnslyr221

« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2014, 03:11:26 PM »
9th on the mountain.

Drgnslyr221

« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2014, 06:30:15 PM »
Just published a plot test of sorts. Can't assure you every pin is fair at this point, but this will give you an idea of how Meadow and mountain will play and you can check out the lake nine as well. River nine is very early in construction I'm afraid. ::)

Drgnslyr221

« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2014, 02:13:35 AM »
The third on the river nine. A 147 yard par three with a nasty surprise for those that fly the green.

Reebdoog

• GroupMember
  • needs new clubs...
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2014, 11:08:41 AM »
I'll be playing this tonight when I get home (9:30 ish? Maybe?)
Look forward to it man!
Olafsen Skerries
Turu Wero
Warrior Ridge
Hyperion Fields
Old Tom's Ferry
Einstakt Foss Golfklubb
The Sonoma Sands Golf Club
Bandit Ridge
Bridges at Paradise Cove
Fenyard Keep
Edenvale (Major and Members)

DAM stuff:
Ardoilean
Silver City Beach Club

Drgnslyr221

« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2014, 11:54:40 AM »
Some of the tees are not flat and there are a couple of bad pins,  but other than that it's playable.

Reebdoog

• GroupMember
  • needs new clubs...
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2014, 12:18:58 PM »
non flat tee boxes you say ?!?!?!

*builds massive bonfire on which to roast you alive!!*

"He has a devil within  him! BURN IT OUT!!!"
Olafsen Skerries
Turu Wero
Warrior Ridge
Hyperion Fields
Old Tom's Ferry
Einstakt Foss Golfklubb
Bandit Ridge
Bridges at Paradise Cove
Fenyard Keep

DAM stuff:
Ardoilean
Silver City Beach Club

Drgnslyr221

« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2014, 01:33:44 PM »
Yeah, it's due to the fact I moved the holes to another nine and when I moved them back they unflattened for some reason. Except 1 I just plain forgot to flatten that tee.  8)

Drgnslyr221

« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2014, 06:45:05 PM »
First major milestone in the project met!! All 36 holes have basic elevations and are playable!!

Reebdoog

• GroupMember
  • needs new clubs...
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2014, 06:54:01 PM »
Regardless of the holes or how it plays or anything else... I have to say that plot of land is absolutely lovely.

I didn't get a chance to play last night but I will today.
Olafsen Skerries
Turu Wero
Warrior Ridge
Hyperion Fields
Old Tom's Ferry
Einstakt Foss Golfklubb
Bandit Ridge
Bridges at Paradise Cove
Fenyard Keep

DAM stuff:
Ardoilean
Silver City Beach Club

Dr. Yeti

• GroupMember
  • Handicap: 10
    • My 2014 Golf Stats (RL)
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2014, 06:55:17 PM »
Looks sharp. That's a lot of work! I like the idea of being able to come up with multiple 18 hole layouts.

Do you plan on publishing each layout with different lighting conditions. That should provide even more variety between the different layouts.

Looking forward to this.

Drgnslyr221

« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2014, 07:23:06 PM »
Looks sharp. That's a lot of work! I like the idea of being able to come up with multiple 18 hole layouts.

Do you plan on publishing each layout with different lighting conditions. That should provide even more variety between the different layouts.

Looking forward to this.

I haven't planned out how the roll-out is going to go. I do know that I'm going to publish the following 18 hole combinations: Lake/River, Meadow/Lake, Lake/Mountain, Meadow/River, River/Mountain and Meadow/Mountain as well as all separate nines. The pins are not 100% graded, but from play-testing the difficulty of nines is from easiest to hardest: River, Meadow, Lake then Mountain.

Drgnslyr221

« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2014, 07:30:40 PM »
Regardless of the holes or how it plays or anything else... I have to say that plot of land is absolutely lovely.

I didn't get a chance to play last night but I will today.

Thanks. I can't create a plot by itself to save my life, but once I get the basics of the holes I build around them and they generally come out good.

Drgnslyr221

« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2014, 12:36:19 AM »
The fourth on the Lake is turning out to be one of favorite holes designs.

It's a 440 par four that has a wide landing area, but small green protected on all sides. I was going for a Winged Foot type green complex and I really like the results. I haven't designed a green this devious since Murky Hollow. ;D

JayJayJames3223

« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2014, 12:54:13 AM »
I've had this same idea with a links course. Creating a new and old course on the same "course".

Don't have the patience or the skill to pull it off though. Can't wait for this.
Steam: RhythmicSlaps

Drgnslyr221

« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2014, 01:10:53 AM »
I've had this same idea with a links course. Creating a new and old course on the same "course".

Don't have the patience or the skill to pull it off though. Can't wait for this.

I'm finding out the hard way that making two courses on the same plot takes much more time and involves more steps than on different plots. I think the final product should be worth the time though. I will probably release a Beta of Lake/River and Meadow/Mountain right around official release without objects. Then after I get a look at what if anything they add to the GNCD I will release the finals about two weeks later.

space-cash