True Sim Tour Staff:
PC - Doyley, BentFiveWood

Steam group:  True Sim Tour

True Sim Tour Rules
    • No grids all events
    • No chipping on the greens
    • 2 rounds per Tournament
    • 20 Tournament season
    • majors every 5th week - you will enjoy some of the toughest tracks TGC has to offer

FAQ
    Q.  Can I chip on the greens?
    A.  No  (not actually a FAQ but it needed to be here!)

Q.  It's too hard - can you turn on the grids?
    A.  No  :)

Q.  Can I join the True Sim Tour if I missed a week or two? 
    A.  Yes!  You can join anytime and play whenever you can get the rounds in

Q.  Why can't I find where to play my rounds?
    A.  The True Sim Tour events will be in the Tournament section - the name will be "True Sim Tour - Week X" (where X is the week we're on)

Q.  Can I replay my rounds to get a better score?
    A.  No - timed events do not allow you to restart - you can quit and resume from where you left off though[/list]

*** For a more relaxed tour environment head on over to the PGA Tour ***
    « Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 10:44:25 PM by Doyley »

Dr. Yeti

• GroupMember
    • Handicap: 10
      • My 2014 Golf Stats (RL)
    « Reply #1 on: August 05, 2014, 11:01:50 PM »
    Awesome! I'm so ready to cough up some bogies! I really enjoy taking the time to properly read the greens. The putting is tense when you have a good round going.

No scout cam will make the use of a practice round very worth while.

DoGgzbollox

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2014, 12:11:51 PM »
    cool! i'm ready to set a no scout no grid course record then make a pig's ear of the other 3 rounds..you know it will happen!  :P

Doyley

• GroupMember
    « Reply #3 on: August 06, 2014, 12:56:30 PM »
    Awesome! I'm so ready to cough up some bogies! I really enjoy taking the time to properly read the greens. The putting is tense when you have a good round going.

No scout cam will make the use of a practice round very worth while.

I just played a few holes today on McArthur Village and was noticing how nice the greens look without the grids on them.  Visually it makes the game look amazing.  Especially when you get the sun hitting them at just the right angle.

Thrangar

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2014, 03:31:24 PM »
    I am in thanks for invite!
    Proud Member of the sub par club at McKee McGrodo (black Widow)

shootermcgavin

• PSN ChiliSauceSalad
    « Reply #5 on: August 06, 2014, 04:59:03 PM »
    I really enjoyed the no grid major this week, and I like the no scout camera that clv does. So put them both together and I think you are on a winner.  Looking forward to running up some high scores in the coming weeks!!!
    Intel I5 4670k o/c 4.1ghz, 8gb corsair vengence ram, corsair rm750 psu, gtx660 gpu, 24" benq led monitor,wired xbox 360 controller for pc.
    Steam name shooter mcgavin

Drgnslyr221

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2014, 08:47:32 PM »
    My sadomasochistic side of my personality is eager to begin. 

jwfickett

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2014, 09:13:58 PM »
    I am in.
    #width #angles

fljon

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2014, 10:09:01 PM »
     Although I have no clue how to play with or without a grid I am looking forward to it!  :o

Do we get a few days after release for us console guys to figure out which end of the putter to hold??? ;D

AndrewG

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2014, 10:54:04 PM »
    Yes lol, I feel for me the transition from using the xbox360 controller to the xboxone controller could take a while.
    I Use: Xbox 360 wired gamepad for Windows PC.

Steam Name: FirstBlitzerAu

My Courses

Somersett Lakes CC
    The Lakes of Fall Golf Club
    Badlands Country Club
    Heritage Lakes CDC (Front 9)

ralphieboy72

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2014, 11:33:23 PM »
    Man, I'm looking forward to this.  Just played my last round of no grid in Doyley's other tour. Dealing with a 9 mph wind and really grinded for a one under par round.  It's so maddening to miss a 5 foot birdie putt, but so exhilarating to sink a breaking putt of any distance.

Dr. Yeti

• GroupMember
    • Handicap: 10
      • My 2014 Golf Stats (RL)
    « Reply #11 on: August 07, 2014, 12:00:13 AM »
    Man, I'm looking forward to this.  Just played my last round of no grid in Doyley's other tour. Dealing with a 9 mph wind and really grinded for a one under par round.  It's so maddening to miss a 5 foot birdie putt, but so exhilarating to sink a breaking putt of any distance.
    That six foot par putt, that's downhill and breaks a few inches...those are the 'pucker putts'

Doyley

• GroupMember
    « Reply #12 on: August 07, 2014, 12:57:51 AM »
    OK i guess it helps to play-test the settings before I set them!  I'm playing a round now with grids off and scout camera off.  There's one big issue - I didn't realize I used scout camera on the greens. 

There are two cameras you can use on the greens
    1.  Scout camera (Y button on Xbox, triangle on PS4) - this camera moves very fast and allows you to zoom in/out at quick speeds.  I use this with no grids extensively
    2.  Approach camera (B button on Xbox, circle on PS4) - this camera moves much slower and does not allow you to do quick sweeps of the green but you can do it slowly

We can get by with approach camera but I really rely on scout camera to pick up the breaks with no grids.  I'm going to finish out my round with scout camera off and if I find it too slow I may have to re-insert scout camera to make the no grids bearable.

I suggest some of you play a round under the proposed settings and report back on your experience.  I really want the no scout camera in for drives and approach shots - but not having it on the green is pretty close to a deal breaker at this point.  Let me know what you guys think.

Doyley

• GroupMember
    « Reply #13 on: August 07, 2014, 01:46:58 AM »
    So I finished a few more holes with scout camera off and it's not as bad as my first impression.  There are still a few issues (using putting camera on long putts blurs the green/hole when viewing from behind the hole) but on short putts it works well enough.  You don't get the free camera roaming like the scout cam gives you but it's still good enough to let you see the breaks if you have a keen eye.

Hopefully they can fix the blur effect on longer putts and adding the option to use the scout camera on greens only would be ideal.  Either way it looks like we're still good to go for No Grids/No Scout cam.

Savvy Golfer

« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2014, 02:31:20 AM »
    I'm in! Cant wait to see the scores should be realistic

space-cash