True Sim Tour (no grids)

• 244 Replies

NevadaBallin

« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2014, 02:48:48 AM »
I played with no scout before but grid was on. Now that I think about it, it's got to be incredibly difficult to read the green without being able to 360 the view as if you were doing a walk around in real life.
Twitch Channel>  http://www.twitch.tv/YoNevadaBallin

Come by and say hello

***TGC 2019 Courses***
- Montreux Barracuda (RCR Montreux, Reno, NV)
- St Alphonso GC FXD
- Idlewild South Memorial GC
- Bacarra Golf Club

Doyley

• GroupMember
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2014, 03:00:19 AM »
In honour of Dr. Yeti naming the tour - there is a pre-tour warmup tourney live now on one of his harder tracks (Hoodoo Hills GC @ Yeti Gorge)  It runs for 11 days and should whet our appetites while we wait for the game to be released.

I'll be entering in the scores on the spreadsheet to test it out.  When the game is released all stats/scores will be reset and we'll start officially.

DoGgzbollox

« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2014, 03:16:38 AM »
I have created a warmup tour also with the sim settings...its called real course pro tour, these are two real life courses i created with sim settings in mind. 2 rounds @ sahalee and 2 rounds @ coeur D' alene. 14 day time limit.

Doyley

• GroupMember
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2014, 03:49:23 AM »
Thx DoG, it'll be nice to get in a few rounds on some courses with those settings.  I may have created a monster in selecting Hoodoo Hills haha.  If anyone shoots under par I'm going to be very impressed!  I just carded my first 80 of the game!

DoGgzbollox

« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2014, 03:53:30 AM »
i wish you had chosen yeti river or haunted forest...2 better course imo but more importantly i dont have to drop my resolution to play them...yeti hills kills my fps  :o

DoGgzbollox

« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2014, 03:57:42 AM »
actually speaking of monsters sahalee is quite a flat track with no surprises on the greens yet it can easily chew you up...my tip..play conservative!  ;)

Doyley

• GroupMember
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2014, 03:59:25 AM »
Once the tour starts I'll be testing the courses more - I just picked this one out of my list of courses because it said hardest.  Well it is super hard so I suppose I should have a disclaimer that the only time you'll encounter anything close to this difficultly will be during majors.  Courses of all difficulty (easiest through to hardest) will be on the tour. 

I still think someone will post a round under par before this is all said and done!

Doyley

• GroupMember
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2014, 04:01:31 AM »
I played with no scout before but grid was on. Now that I think about it, it's got to be incredibly difficult to read the green without being able to 360 the view as if you were doing a walk around in real life.

You can still do the 360 with the putting camera (B button on xbox, circle on PS4).  It's just not as advanced as the scout camera - I'm petitioning to get the options for scout camera to be on, off, green only - that would be ideal for this tour.  But the putting camera does what we need it to do in a pinch.

TonyTurbo78

« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2014, 07:47:32 AM »
yes yes im all over this..off to shoot this asap lol

good job guys, golf for the purists

edit: DoGzb I cant see it in the tournament list, only one I can see is Doyleys one
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 07:54:19 AM by TonyTurbo78 »
8700k @5ghz watercooled, MSI Z370, Vega64 @1700/1100 water cooled, 16b ddr4@ 3600mhz, 1440p 144hz freesync monitor, 960Evo m.2 ssd's, Windows 10

Standard Xbox 360 stock controller

AndrewG

« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2014, 08:22:09 AM »
yes yes im all over this..off to shoot this asap lol

good job guys, golf for the purists

edit: DoGzb I cant see it in the tournament list, only one I can see is Doyleys one

Dogz is a tour thus in the tour section.
I Use: Xbox 360 wired gamepad for Windows PC.

Steam Name: FirstBlitzerAu

My Courses

Somersett Lakes CC
The Lakes of Fall Golf Club
Badlands Country Club
Heritage Lakes CDC (Front 9)

Dr. Yeti

• GroupMember
  • Handicap: 10
    • My 2014 Golf Stats (RL)
« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2014, 10:42:50 AM »
Hoodoo Hills will be a tough warm-up!, but I don't think there is too much trickery on the greens (big ridges and elevation) to make it unfair with no-grids on. While it may be very challenging, if you can get your shots to sit close, under par scores (while difficult) are still possible.   Although the green on hole 9 will be a real PITA without grids.  I would recommend laying up and pitching close on 9.

Also, I have noticed that Hoodoo Hills is a bit more system intensive, even though it has less rocks than my others.   

Edit: I noticed you picked Hoodoo Hills GC, which is the one set to extremely firm and fast. Did you realize this?   Will be an extreme challenge, that's for sure.    I think you should have used "Hoodoo Hills at Yeti Gorge" rather than the one with GC.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 10:58:33 AM by Dr. Yeti »

PJeddie

« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2014, 10:52:21 AM »

You can still do the 360 with the putting camera (B button on xbox, circle on PS4).  It's just not as advanced as the scout camera - I'm petitioning to get the options for scout camera to be on, off, green only - that would be ideal for this tour.  But the putting camera does what we need it to do in a pinch.

Where do I sign this petition? Did they respond to you about having the scout camera ON when on the greens? The other view has a terrible 360 view, doesn't work all that well. I really enjoy playing the game on these settings together and it does work for now, but lets hope they hear our cries and come to the rescue.

As for the warm up tournament I shot an 83 to start with 1 birdie and 1 eagle.. Had a tough time keeping the ball on the green with 12 wind speed. Think I might wait out the wind and see if I can lower my score next round. Man those greens are fast.....

« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 11:35:04 AM by PJeddie »

Doyley

• GroupMember
« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2014, 11:03:59 AM »
Hoodoo Hills will be a tough warm-up!, but I don't think there is too much trickery on the greens (big ridges and elevation) to make it unfair with no-grids on. While it may be very challenging, if you can get your shots to sit close, under par scores (while difficult) are still possible.   Although the green on hole 9 will be a real PITA without grids.  I would recommend laying up and pitching close on 9.

Also, I have noticed that Hoodoo Hills is a bit more system intensive, even though it has less rocks than my others.   

Edit: I noticed you picked Hoodoo Hills GC, which is the one set to extremely firm and fast. Did you realize this?   Will be an extreme challenge, that's for sure.    I think you should have used "Hoodoo Hills at Yeti Gorge" rather than the one with GC.
I knew something was up! I saw that the Green speed was slow and thought I had the right version. Either way people will have to attack this course with extreme caution. I'll play my next round this way and hopefully get a little closer to par.

BAMA9

« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2014, 01:50:58 PM »
I am awaiting the game on XBox One & enjoy watching gameplay videos on YouTube. If any of you guys playing these rounds without grids and scout camera would be so kind as to post some of the play on YouTube, I (and I think others) would appreciate it. That gameplay would be awesome and different from what is usually posted.  Would also help us non-PC guys get through the last few weeks before release!

jwfickett

« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2014, 01:56:28 PM »
Ive been playing on a 27 inch monitor, but i might hook up to the 42 inch tv to see if the additional pixels help with reading subtle green slopes.
#width #angles

space-cash