True Sim Tour (no grids)

• 244 Replies

Doyley

• GroupMember
« Reply #60 on: August 21, 2014, 04:32:23 AM »
While we wait - why not play!?  I have created another tournament to help pass the time and to get some more practice in reading those greens. 

True Sim Tour - Final Warmup

Is open for PC users.  Will update when the XB1 tournament is live as well - I've emailed the TC's the info.

BentFiveWood

« Reply #61 on: August 22, 2014, 09:45:14 AM »
Well, after 3 warm-up weeks for me it's definitely getting better.  However, I feel I am too dependent on ghost balls to give me an idea of the breaks on the green.  If I don't have ghost balls then it's kind of a toss up but overall it's improving.

If anyone wants a challenge, or simply wants to take part in another well run tour, give this one a try!

*This message is an unsolicited endorsement of the True Sim Tour*
Course(s) Created:
Manicouagan Crater
Pointe du Hoc Cliffs V2
Ojibway Bay GC

Thrangar

« Reply #62 on: August 22, 2014, 09:52:37 AM »
after playing yesterdays final warm up I have come to the conclusion for me (low setting) that the green style mottled color pattern is not readable for breaks for me.
the dark green and the desert brown solid colors are no problem
Proud Member of the sub par club at McKee McGrodo (black Widow)

Doyley

• GroupMember
« Reply #63 on: August 28, 2014, 08:15:01 PM »
charlie.mattax has just made a statement at Doak Valley.  That's some impressive no grid golf right there (35-under!!)

Doyley

• GroupMember
« Reply #64 on: August 29, 2014, 04:08:35 AM »
With the European release date set for the PS4 (Sept 03) we're going to kick off the True Sim Tour this Saturday.  Hope you got your 20/20 vision ready!

Week 1 Course:  Crawford Mines GC by CSUgolfer60

I should also mention that I don't have anyone from the PS4 on staff so if you guys want to play - someone will have to volunteer their services.  I could use one more on the XB1 side as well. 
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 04:17:12 AM by Doyley »

BentFiveWood

« Reply #65 on: August 29, 2014, 09:39:30 AM »
Let me know if you need any help with the PC tour.  I'd be happy to doctor scores....er, that is "help out" on this side.
Course(s) Created:
Manicouagan Crater
Pointe du Hoc Cliffs V2
Ojibway Bay GC

BentFiveWood

« Reply #66 on: August 29, 2014, 11:00:38 AM »
charlie.mattax has just made a statement at Doak Valley.  That's some impressive no grid golf right there (35-under!!)

Thanks Doyley.  I think that what you suggested (scout cam only on greens and the ability of the tournament designer to set wind) will make the scores even more realistic.  Additionally, I believe that it will bunch the scores together more so that there won't be as many run-away leads.  I am looking forward to the start of the official Sim Tour.  Thanks for everything you and your assistants are doing.

On another note, Son Gual by Wendy445 is really a nice new track that plays very well w/o grid.  I know that it is now on all platforms, too.  Just a thought.

I love this idea too.  Except that i don't think that Doyley and TonyT avoid bad winds.  I just think "These guys are good!"

Hey, that sounds like a great tag line that I just made up.  Doyley, use it for the tour!   ;)
Course(s) Created:
Manicouagan Crater
Pointe du Hoc Cliffs V2
Ojibway Bay GC

Doyley

• GroupMember
« Reply #67 on: August 29, 2014, 11:06:03 AM »

Thanks Doyley.  I think that what you suggested (scout cam only on greens and the ability of the tournament designer to set wind) will make the scores even more realistic.  Additionally, I believe that it will bunch the scores together more so that there won't be as many run-away leads.  I am looking forward to the start of the official Sim Tour.  Thanks for everything you and your assistants are doing.

On another note, Son Gual by Wendy445 is really a nice new track that plays very well w/o grid.  I know that it is now on all platforms, too.  Just a thought.

I love this idea too.  Except that i don't think that Doyley and TonyT avoid bad winds.  I just think "These guys are good!"

Hey, that sounds like a great tag line that I just made up.  Doyley, use it for the tour!   ;)

Ha, with the way I've been playing the last few weeks it would have to say "This guy was good!"

mebby

« Reply #68 on: August 29, 2014, 12:15:07 PM »
Sweet!  Another good tournament to play in.  I'll give it a shot this weekend!!  I'm sure I'll completely blow it up with green gridlines but it should still be fun.
Steam Name - Turnerm05
Xbox Live - Turnerm05

ObsoleteNexus

« Reply #69 on: August 29, 2014, 02:32:53 PM »
Cmon PS4 players, some one anti up to help Doyley, his tours are great, and worth giving a bit of time to the community.
Courses Created: (my ranking)

Old Turramurra: Est 1878 HD
Manjimup Golf Club
Clifton Golf Club Final

mebby

« Reply #70 on: August 29, 2014, 02:40:12 PM »
Cmon PS4 players, some one anti up to help Doyley, his tours are great, and worth giving a bit of time to the community.

I'm on the PS4. What can I do to help?
Steam Name - Turnerm05
Xbox Live - Turnerm05

ObsoleteNexus

« Reply #71 on: August 29, 2014, 02:49:37 PM »
Good on ya mebby I am sure Doyley will contact you soon. I think it is mainly creating tourney each week on PS4 and helping update scores on Google spreadsheet.

Manjimup Golf Club
Clifton Golf Club Final

ObsoleteNexus

« Reply #72 on: August 29, 2014, 02:51:02 PM »
A couple more to help Mebby. Many hands make light work.

Manjimup Golf Club
Clifton Golf Club Final

BentFiveWood

« Reply #73 on: August 29, 2014, 06:35:48 PM »

But I thought that too many cooks spoil the broth?  I'm confused... ???
Course(s) Created:
Manicouagan Crater
Pointe du Hoc Cliffs V2
Ojibway Bay GC

ObsoleteNexus

« Reply #74 on: August 29, 2014, 08:04:45 PM »

But I thought that too many cooks spoil the broth?  I'm confused... ???
Lucky we are not in the army, that would have been you volunteering. Hold on am I still in Arnie's Army.

Manjimup Golf Club
Clifton Golf Club Final

space-cash