True Sim Tour (no grids)

• 244 Replies

Doyley

• GroupMember
« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2014, 02:38:40 PM »
I have added a 2nd warmup tour that will be more along the lines of what you can expect from the TST.  Both tours will be going into the spreadsheet - I challenge anyone to break par on Yeti's monster (sorry for picking the wrong version!).  The 2nd tour is open and will run until the game is released then won't be checked after that.

True Sim Tour - Warm Up (no grids/scout cam)
True Sim Tour - Warm Up Take 2

Dr. Yeti

• GroupMember
  • Handicap: 10
    • My 2014 Golf Stats (RL)
« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2014, 02:44:00 PM »
No worries Doyley,  Hoodoo Hills would play nicely in TST if you make sure to pick the easier (higher rated) one. :D

BTW, I have the "GC" course on the to-be-deleted list.  Once it is purged out, we won't have this problem again. :P

Doyley

• GroupMember
« Reply #32 on: August 07, 2014, 03:15:06 PM »
No worries Doyley,  Hoodoo Hills would play nicely in TST if you make sure to pick the easier (higher rated) one. :D

BTW, I have the "GC" course on the to-be-deleted list.  Once it is purged out, we won't have this problem again. :P

I did just got a hole in one on hole 7 followed by a bird - almost broke par but ended up with a 76.  Windy there, lowest I've seen in the 3 rounds has been 9mph so far!
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 03:46:49 PM by Doyley »

Thrangar

« Reply #33 on: August 07, 2014, 04:35:28 PM »

I did just got a hole in one on hole 7 followed by a bird - almost broke par but ended up with a 76.  Windy there, lowest I've seen in the 3 rounds has been 9mph so far!

they are 14 now was +5 heading to 18 on practice round and said  enough is enough!
Proud Member of the sub par club at McKee McGrodo (black Widow)

bob5453

« Reply #34 on: August 07, 2014, 04:40:59 PM »
I just tried a few holes without scout cam and no grid and it is too slow of a play for me, rewards people who take notes and have practiced that particular course too much. I don't want to spoil the tourney, but if you press F12, then you still have a camera you can drive around the course during these tourneys. I don't like using the overhead view either to line up a shot, it takes me away from what I want, which is just a relaxing outdoor setting of hitting a ball around a pretty course. :)

I guess I am just a casual video golf gamer. I like playing tourneys and tours and competing, but I don't like practicing or homework, so most of the time I am seeing a course for the first time, which is why TGC is great for me, so many courses to play.

My TGC 2k21 courses
The Big Valley
Roy Rogers Happy Trails
Gilligan's Island Par 3
Magestic Mountain

*** Courses all have crowds added ***

Dr. Yeti

• GroupMember
  • Handicap: 10
    • My 2014 Golf Stats (RL)
« Reply #35 on: August 07, 2014, 04:43:35 PM »
bob5453,
Doyley's PGA tour would be right up your alley if you aren't looking for such a serious tourney.

I'm with you, I tend to prefer a quicker, more relaxed round.   However, as a golfer IRL, something really struck me about taking my time to make sure I'm reading my putts correctly

DoGgzbollox

« Reply #36 on: August 07, 2014, 05:25:10 PM »
lol real mixed bag at pilansburg 1st round...double eagle on the 7th took a nightmare 6 on the next hole ( par 3 ) and eagled the last par 5...few birds and and and another dropped shot! finished -8 for rnd 1.

Doyley

• GroupMember
« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2014, 03:25:11 AM »
I went 75 77 in R1 and R2 then decided to bear down and concentrate.  Well the third round is what I was out to accomplish when I started this tour.  After an ace on 17 and the possibility of going 8-under consuming my thoughts - I went and dropped a double bogey on 18 (I know how you feel DoG!) to bring the round back to a still very good 5-under, but not quite what I was hoping for!  Birdies, bogies, double bogies, aces...lots of fun in one round. 

Heading into the final round at 3-over my goal was to get to even par.  I was there for a few holes but in the end I finished 1-over for the tour.  Not a 50 in sight - no -35 final score.  On a course rated easiest according to TGC.  So I'm ready to fire this tour up for real - release date you can come anytime!

« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 03:54:44 PM by Doyley »

Doyley

• GroupMember
« Reply #38 on: August 09, 2014, 05:55:13 PM »
I tend to prefer a quicker, more relaxed round.

This is why I had to split the no grids off from the PGA Tour - no grids is just too hardcore to force on all players.  The TST will welcome all players but by the end of the season I expect only a core group of regulars to remain.  Hoping to keep 50 or so active golfers after the PS4 and XBOX guys show up.

As for the PGA Tour - with the no grids a thing of the past starting monday - that tour will cater to any TGC'er out there!  I just hope the google spreadsheet is up to the task!  No going to lie, but I'm seeing things that have me a little worried!

Doyley

• GroupMember
« Reply #39 on: August 10, 2014, 02:56:33 AM »
Just had Steve2golf finish the extra hard version of Hoodoo hills at 2 over (for the tournament!).  That man is a legend.  Tonyturbo - you have been officially challenged!

coruler2/superdaleman just put down a beauty on Pilansburg as well - 27-under after 4 solid rounds!  Bars are being set well above where I thought they would be.  Great shooting with no grids!
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 03:00:15 AM by Doyley »

Steve2golf

« Reply #40 on: August 10, 2014, 09:09:36 PM »
What a bitc-h that was, hit very few greens.
Course(s) Created TGC 2019:
PGA West (Stadium Course)

Doyley

• GroupMember
« Reply #41 on: August 11, 2014, 10:19:18 PM »
Since the tournament at Pilansburg is open ended - feel free to replay that one as much as you want - I'll just keep adding your names to the leaderboard.

coruler2

• GroupMember
« Reply #42 on: August 12, 2014, 11:47:41 PM »
I played really well on Pilanburg...getting better at reading no grid greens.  Plus I have a tendency to hit the ball in the same spot on the greens every round...which helps know the break.  This tour will be real fun.
TGC 2019 Courses:
Negev Valley (TGC2 Port of Israeli National)
The Invaders Golf Site (TGC2019 Original)
Sun Devil Ridge (TGC2 Course remastered)
Connemara Bay Golf Club (TGC2019 Original)
The Legend at Kong Island
*New* Pulseczar Vale

Steam and XB1 name:  coruler2

Doyley

• GroupMember
« Reply #43 on: August 13, 2014, 12:16:19 AM »
With the news the game is being released in a week - we'll start the first week after the game is released so that we don't run into any issues with stats/leaderboards being reset.

Week 1 course will be announced shortly.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 12:19:42 AM by Doyley »

fljon

« Reply #44 on: August 13, 2014, 12:38:24 AM »
With the news the game is being released in a week - we'll start the first week after the game is released so that we don't run into any issues with stats/leaderboards being reset.

Week 1 course will be announced shortly.

So we start 08/25??  ;D

space-cash