Real Course Pro sim tour

• 16 Replies

DoGgzbollox

« on: August 07, 2014, 03:22:31 AM »
Real course pro sim tour

4 rounds at 2 real life courses that i created with sim settings in mind... true sim pro tour settings, your gonna need your A game!....14 day limit...no grid, no scout cam.

« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 03:36:01 AM by DoGgzbollox »

Doyley

• GroupMember
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2014, 03:50:21 AM »
I'm a former PGA2000 guy so I'm going to enjoy this!

DoGgzbollox

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2014, 03:51:50 AM »
I'm a former PGA2000 guy so I'm going to enjoy this!

me too m8...i still have the game....its the daddy imo

DoGgzbollox

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2014, 05:21:33 PM »
excellent -12 thranger! wd

Thrangar

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2014, 08:22:22 PM »
excellent -12 thranger! wd

haha  Every dog (no pun) has his day, I really enjoyed this tour!

thanks for you effort

PS please don't ever choose a Yeti course....oh what a nightmare!
Proud Member of the sub par club at McKee McGrodo (black Widow)

Doyley

• GroupMember
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2014, 08:35:52 PM »

Don't blame Yeti, that was all my fault for picking the wrong version!  I take all the blame!

Thrangar

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2014, 06:41:00 AM »

Don't blame Yeti, that was all my fault for picking the wrong version!  I take all the blame!

Well ok then, you can go down in that valley and get my ball, that I cant get out..  No really I am stuck in a valley,
even if I hit it in the water it puts me back in the valley.  jk

Actually I played Yetie's front9/back9 versions and they are excellent courses, its just this course, it seems to go contrary to all I have learned about this game, the physics have gone wonky!

Now this is just the warm up, I really don't need to finish this round?
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 12:07:53 PM by Thrangar »
Proud Member of the sub par club at McKee McGrodo (black Widow)

nyjet81

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2014, 10:10:51 AM »
Hey man if you wanted to include my Bethpage Black Official Pin A or B for another real course you are more than welcome to . It's pretty damn accurate and alot of fun if you haven't played it
Steam ID : Mojoe

My courses:
Sureshank CC
Bethpage Black Official Pin A
Mojoe Rising
Mojoe Run
Sunken Meadow Blue (9 Hole)
Sunken Meadow Green Beta (9 Hole)
Sunken Meadow Red (9 Hole)

Savvy Golfer

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2014, 01:57:11 PM »
I will try this this weekend

Dr. Yeti

• GroupMember
  • Handicap: 10
    • My 2014 Golf Stats (RL)
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2014, 02:23:42 PM »

Actually I played Yeti's front9/back9 versions and they are excellent courses, its just this course, it seems to go contrary to all I have learned about this game, the physics have gone wonky!

Hi Thrangar,
The Hoodoo Hills course that was published with the "GC" in the title was accidentally published with firmness and speeds set to 100%.  That is likely the physics issues you are referring to.  Damn hard to get anything to stick with those unintended settings.    I see you've tried the 9 hole versions.  Those, and the 18 hole course without the GC plays much, much better.

steelereign

« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2014, 12:43:08 AM »
I'm still dealing with various bugs in the Tour/Tourney settings.  I finished my first round and have tried numerous time to go back to play my final 3 rounds and the tour is nowhere to be found.  Frustrating.  I'll give it another try tomorrow.

ObsoleteNexus

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2014, 03:37:16 AM »
Below is Front 9 showing how NOT to play the course (was first play through with 14 - 15mph winds though).

Coeur D'Arlene
http://youtu.be/osI_O5GlFKI
Courses Created: (my ranking)

Old Turramurra: Est 1878 HD
Manjimup Golf Club
Clifton Golf Club Final

BentFiveWood

« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2014, 04:12:35 PM »
I'd love it if someone does (or already did) a video on how to read the putts without a grid.  I'm playing the game on highest quality settings and at 1600X900 and I still can't seem to read a lot of putts.  Any tips would be great.  I can read putts well IRL but I can't seem to get it in TGC.

I think I'm currently +6 after 3 rounds but I am enjoying this tour.
Course(s) Created:
Manicouagan Crater
Pointe du Hoc Cliffs V2
Ojibway Bay GC

Doyley

• GroupMember
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2014, 04:26:49 PM »
I'd love it if someone does (or already did) a video on how to read the putts without a grid.  I'm playing the game on highest quality settings and at 1600X900 and I still can't seem to read a lot of putts.  Any tips would be great.  I can read putts well IRL but I can't seem to get it in TGC.

Hi Bent, you're not missing anything - it really is that hard for me too.  If the green is in the shade it's nearly impossible.  Otherwise I'm just getting the camera as close to the ground and then scanning anything and everything for a hint of slope.  If you have use of the scout camera doing 360s around the hole with the camera on the ground is helpful. The fringe line behind the hole sometimes clues you in to the general slope.  Sometimes you can pick up slope on the mow lines on the greens.  Sometimes I read a break into a perfectly straight putt (those suck!).  But in general, it's definitely not clear and what you're describing is what I'm seeing as well.  If all else fails just make sure you get your distance spot on so that you are within tap in range for your next putt.

BentFiveWood

« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2014, 05:21:40 PM »

Hi Bent, you're not missing anything - it really is that hard for me too.  If the green is in the shade it's nearly impossible.  Otherwise I'm just getting the camera as close to the ground and then scanning anything and everything for a hint of slope.  If you have use of the scout camera doing 360s around the hole with the camera on the ground is helpful. The fringe line behind the hole sometimes clues you in to the general slope.  Sometimes you can pick up slope on the mow lines on the greens.  Sometimes I read a break into a perfectly straight putt (those suck!).  But in general, it's definitely not clear and what you're describing is what I'm seeing as well.  If all else fails just make sure you get your distance spot on so that you are within tap in range for your next putt.

Hey, thanks Doyley!

That makes me wonder what the difference is between myself and guys who are shooting double-digits under par.  More patience?  Better use of backspin?
Course(s) Created:
Manicouagan Crater
Pointe du Hoc Cliffs V2
Ojibway Bay GC

space-cash