Wind is ridiculous !!

• 174 Replies

☠ InDaSkies ☠

« on: August 16, 2014, 09:15:22 AM »
Myself and my friends play together every morning. Well I should say we used to. Now if we can't find a game that doesn't have windy conditions we don't play. In my opinion you guy's ruined the game. We can all play well in the wind but we just want a more relaxing game to play. We will be looking for a new game that has wind settings. Hopefully Perfect Parallel will be that game. It just seems like you guy's listen to certain people in the forums and don't care about anyone else. I want to play a game that is fun to play. And I know that some of you will say that we want it to be like real golf. Well that's fine for you but it's not fine for everyone!!! Also what's up with the stats? I play well under par every game and it has me even for an average score.
Courses:
Shady Pines
The Course Of Course
Deer Hunter
Tuckaway
Deer Creek
Hills Brothers

RobV

« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2014, 09:24:58 AM »
Not for nothing and your opinion is yours, but I really don't think wind is that big of a deal in this game.   I'm by far the best player and hardly even hit under par, but you know what?   I kinda like it!    I use the shot shaping tools to combat the wind, simple as that.   

But overall, maybe you are right... maybe this game isn't for you and your friends?   
Courses:
The Holy Goat GC
Lakeside Park GC
Milwaukee's Best GC

Sheppy

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2014, 09:44:30 AM »
I sort of agree with the OP.
I do not want strong winds every time I play a round of golf.
Surely the simple answer is to make it an option.
If people want to play in gale force winds - let them.
Likewise, if people want a nice calm sunny day - then let them too.
Simples!

Rami Alia HB

• golf-beta
  • TGC Technical Lead
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2014, 11:08:24 AM »
The wind is different on every course, and is constantly changing. If you feel a certain course is not relaxing to play right now perhaps a different one? Something we've discussed internally is showing the projected wind speeds before advancing into gameplay. A lot of other options are in discussion and we do want to continue hearing what works and what doesn't.

clubcaptain

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2014, 11:15:37 AM »
we do want to continue hearing what works and what doesn't.

I hope you really don't mean that because it says you couldn't give a toss about your customers' views. If you stand by this comment I for one will abandon this game right now.

If you feel a certain course is not relaxing to play right now perhaps a different one?

How ridiculous. Who buys a golf game game to not be able to play any course whenever  you want to.

If I have read these responses correctly, and I will apologise if I haven't, they have done this game a major disservice.
Intel core I73770k 3.5 GHZ
16 Gb Corsair vengeance DDR3 1600MHZ/PC12800
Asus mobo PB8277-V Lx
Nvidea GeForce GTX670 2GB
X box 360 wired controller
Windoes 7 home premium 64 bit

Courses :
Aphrodite Golf and Sailing Resort
Taiga Forest-Kaunis Course
Adelaide Hills West Golf Course
Strathmally GC

anserman

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2014, 11:22:39 AM »

I hope you really don't mean that because it says you couldn't give a toss about your customers' views. If you stand by this comment I for one will abandon this game right now.

If you feel a certain course is not relaxing to play right now perhaps a different one?

How ridiculous. Who buys a golf game game to not be able to play any course whenever  you want to.

If I have read these responses correctly, and I will apologise if I haven't, they have done this game a major disservice.

He's saying they want to continue to hear everyone's opinion... don't see how that's a bad thing.

Reebdoog

• GroupMember
  • needs new clubs...
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2014, 11:23:33 AM »

I think you misunderstood. He says they want to keep hearing about what is and is not "working" for players. The idea would be so they can make sure the game is fun and what the players want. I'm not sure what you thought they were saying.

Also...you can't control wind condition in real life and you can't here. I don't see the problem. The only thing I would say is to make wind that's over 10mph a little more rare than it currently is. Part of the fun for MANY of us is that every course will be different every time. The ground is the same but the conditions will be different. That's the fun and the challenge. Could it be possible to set your own wind conditions ahead of time? sure... that's an option that could be added as well but I like it the way it is personally. Does that make the OP wrong? Nope.

HB said they are listening and want to hear about our opinions. that's all I see there.
Olafsen Skerries
Turu Wero
Warrior Ridge
Hyperion Fields
Old Tom's Ferry
Einstakt Foss Golfklubb
The Sonoma Sands Golf Club
Bandit Ridge
Bridges at Paradise Cove

DAM stuff:
Ardoilean
Silver City Beach Club

DivotMaker

• GroupMember
  • Steam - DivotMaker
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2014, 11:23:55 AM »

How is Rami's first statement "not giving a toss about your customer's views"? Can't say I agree whatsoever. I read it as they are still listening to feedback and are wanting to give the community what they want in the game......
PC

Xbox One X

Xbox One Elite Controller

michaelcaspers

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2014, 11:33:47 AM »
Just so it's noted. Common sense will hopefully prevail and an option to set the wind should be included. Honestly it should have been there from day one. I have exited a round a number of times because of the wind speed.

Shouldn't have to change courses when I know what course I wanna play and for all the people who say it's just like real golf I guess it is. If it was too windy at my local course I just didn't play a round that weekend either. What's the point in paying good money for a world of hurt. I am now not bothering to play the courses I want to play sometimes on TGC because of the strong winds, so I guess it is like reality for me lol

AndrewG

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2014, 11:34:36 AM »
 :'(
I Use: Xbox 360 wired gamepad for Windows PC.

Steam Name: FirstBlitzerAu

My Courses

Somersett Lakes CC
The Lakes of Fall Golf Club
Badlands Country Club
Heritage Lakes CDC (Front 9)

Anquila1978

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2014, 11:38:24 AM »
I like the idea of the wind, if any option is to exist then it should be for the course designer, that way the course record is a genuine score based on an average weather condition

If the player gets to chose the weather then it may lead to Tiger Woods style shooting the lights out scores

Wind is a factor in a golf course defending itself
Other Courses

Turnberry Kintyre Course
Gladstonevale G.C
Belgrave Black at Balmeadie

Zmax

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2014, 11:41:51 AM »
I hope They add the option to allow the wind to be adjustable by the user(player or tournament director).  Speaking for the simulator version, it's an important feature to have.  Simulator golf can be almost as difficult as real golf especially on a Protee or GC2 system.  People will want to work on their swing and shot shape without having to compensate for the wind.  It's the same reason people don't like to go to the driving range or play on a windy day.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 11:46:20 AM by Zmax »

fljon

« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2014, 11:47:35 AM »

Good Morning Clubcaptain (assuming it is morning in your part of the world),  I read this totally different than you.  My understanding is totally opposite of yours. I think in Rami's first comment he was saying that HB DOES intend to listen to their customers views....right??
As far as wind speed goes....I haven't played the game so can't really comment on that.

Doyley

• GroupMember
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2014, 12:18:30 PM »
Could one of the devs state why they don't want wind selectable by the end user? I know it's been like that for pretty much every golf game so maybe it's to be different... But there's probalby a reason everyone is doing it that way too.  It just seems like you could please everyone at once with the option to set wind before you play or you could alienate some by not allowing user to set wind.

AndrewG

« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2014, 12:21:54 PM »
Could one of the devs state why they don't want wind selectable by the end user? I know it's been like that for pretty much every golf game so maybe it's to be different... But there's probalby a reason everyone is doing it that way too.  It just seems like you could please everyone at once with the option to set wind before you play or you could alienate some by not allowing user to set wind.

Because it will make stats and the leaderboards irrelevant, you'll have clowns playing repeatedly with zero wind to top the leaderboards on every course.
I Use: Xbox 360 wired gamepad for Windows PC.

Steam Name: FirstBlitzerAu

My Courses

Somersett Lakes CC
The Lakes of Fall Golf Club
Badlands Country Club
Heritage Lakes CDC (Front 9)

space-cash