Author Topic: PGA Tour  (Read 4975 times)

Doyley

PGA Tour
« on: August 17, 2014, 05:41:20 PM »
Hi XB1'ers,

I'm running the PGA Tour over on the PC side and with the help of some people that own XB1's you'll also have the chance to play.  The leaderboard is online in a Google spreadsheet.  This allows us to have PC, XB1 and PS4 players all play on the same tour.  You will find the tournaments in the "Tournament" section within The Golf Club.  The name will be PGA Tour - Week XX (where XX is the week we're on)

Here are some links to get you started!
PGA Tour Info
Leaderboard/Stats

hanson2709

• GT- PishPosh v2
    • Gamer Profile
Re: PGA Tour
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2014, 05:54:06 PM »
Awesome! What do we need to do in order to join? Just play the weekly course and we're in?
“The most important shot in golf is the next one.”
  – Ben Hogan

Doyley

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2014, 05:57:57 PM »
That's it hanson - find the tournament in game and play - we'll take the names from the XB1 leaderboard and combine them with the PS4 and PC to create the main leaderboard - which is the Google spreadsheet.  Lots of other stuff included like stats and the Web.com tour.  So head on over to the main thread on the PC side to see all the details.

Week 5 will start after the game is released.  12 week seasons and then we'll reset the money and start season 2.  We're getting 80+ PC players weekly so this should get interesting once all systems are going!

As always, links in my sig too for easy access.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 05:59:31 PM by Doyley »

clayg17

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2014, 06:06:17 PM »
will the pga tour be reset after release

Doyley

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2014, 06:08:41 PM »
No plan is to keep tour going.  Consider Season 1 the beta for the league as I want to make sure the spreadsheet can handle the amount of people - so having the XB1 and PS4 launch staggered helps in making sure the spreadsheet doesn't crash under the massive calculations going on.

Doyley

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2014, 06:37:33 PM »
Depending on when the ps4 guys join we may cut the season short after the following major.

Levesque7

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2014, 03:44:52 PM »
I posted a couple of questions over in the main thread. I will definitely be joining. This sounds like a blast.

Doyley

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2014, 03:56:04 PM »
I posted a couple of questions over in the main thread. I will definitely be joining. This sounds like a blast.

And they have now been answered - see you on the leaderboard!

I have a question about scoring averages for PGA Tour card. Say I start off with a 75 scoring average my first 10 tourneys when I first get the game, (I'm getting it on Xbox One tomorrow morning), does the scoring average to regain your tour card count for all rounds to the beginning of time? If I progress in the learning curve after tourney 10 and suddenly am shooting 65s all the time, it would take me 10-15 weeks to get my scoring average low enough to get back on the tour.  What I'm asking is, for the tour card, how many events are taken into account for the scoring average.
All the rounds you've played in a season account for scoring average - a new season resets your average but your status carries over from the previous season (for week 1).  Each full season is 12 weeks but Season 1 will be cut short once the PS4 players finish their first major

Also, which tour do I start on when I join? Web.com, or PGA?
PGA Tour

Lastly, if I am on the Web.com tour, is there a separate tourney posted for that tour, or do I just play the PGA  Tour - Week 5 event and the admins will sort out who is on what tour?
Everyone plays the PGA Tour - Week X in game and the spreadsheet does all the math and sorts who goes where on the PGA/Web leaderboards

Sorry if some of these have already been answered, but I got 5 or 6 pages deep in this topic and decided 17 more pages was a little much to read...
No problem - glad to have you on board!
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 04:06:24 PM by Doyley »

roccityroller

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2014, 04:01:43 PM »
I am so in on this. good work.

superdaleman

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2014, 01:28:41 AM »
I will be one of the helpers moderating the XB1 tournaments for Doyley.  My Xbox name is coruler2, so feel free to message me with questions.  I will try to have the tournament up tomorrow night before I go to bed (have son's B-day party first). 

thanks,
Dale
Highlight courses:
Vulture's Perch CDC/Valleura Ranch Resort
Daggerfen Manor

Steam and XB1 name:  coruler2

pedarby

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2014, 03:10:45 PM »
All of the tours online are showing as 0 plays, where as the individual courses are showing as 30+ plays for example. The tournaments also don't seem to be showing the amount of times they have been played/their popularity...

Doyley

« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2014, 03:26:07 PM »
Tournaments all were reset but the course plays were not - that's why you're seeing disparity there.  Also the tournament plays usually only update once per day (late night on est time zone).

pedarby

« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2014, 06:08:52 PM »
And you have to complete the round for it to count as a round 'played' and contribute towards your average score?

Doyley

« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2014, 06:13:08 PM »
And you have to complete the round for it to count as a round 'played' and contribute towards your average score?

For the PGA Tour you'll have to complete all rounds of the tournament in The Golf Club so that you'll show up on the leaderboard (only those completing all rounds show up on the leaderboard option from the Tournament screen - in game you'll get a leaderboard that have players that haven't completed all rounds). 

Once you have completed all rounds and are added to the spreadsheet - you'll have those rounds count towards your average.  So it's pretty much an all or nothing type deal.

hanson2709

• GT- PishPosh v2
    • Gamer Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2014, 07:32:21 PM »
What do I search (and where) to play the first tournament? Been looking for majave palms resort all day but no luck.
“The most important shot in golf is the next one.”
  – Ben Hogan