Mouse cursor disappears on swing

• 21 Replies

foz

« on: August 19, 2014, 10:24:39 AM »
Just tried my first game after the update and am already having issues.

On both the backswing and follow through (driving, pitching, putting) the mouse cursor always disappears. This obviously is a bit of a game breaker and makes it unplayable.

I can't say I noticed any improvement from the graphics optimisation either. Still runs like treacle despite me having a 7850 2GB (Recommended rather than minimum : Graphics: Nvidia 660 or AMD 7850 w/ 2GB ).

Runs around 28fps on high settings using a 2GB 7850. There goes my hopes of ever seeing the whole of the green grid.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 10:37:50 AM by foz »

born2play4u

« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2014, 10:54:02 AM »
bangs head on wall..   putting a joke, very laggy, ..  almost makes you wanna cry..  who pressed the reset button..  X & Z keys for clubs reversed ..   

foz

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2014, 11:22:34 AM »
who pressed the reset button..  X & Z keys for clubs reversed ..

Yes, I was about to mention that as well. Why change them?

Regarding the mouse cursor. Either get rid of its appearance on screen altogether or not at all. I presume you've made it disappear to make the game more challenging?
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 11:24:44 AM by foz »

steelereign

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2014, 03:40:17 PM »
Yes, is there any official word on this yet?  It's really annoying.  Feels like a bug, but maybe it's by design?  :-\

Ariel Atom

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2014, 03:53:18 PM »
Cursor disappears, unable to achieve full power without multiple swipes. Backswing: swipe swipe swipe. Downswing: swipe swipe swipe swipe... on max sensitivity this is what I have to do to get 100% power.

foz

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2014, 04:01:38 PM »
Yes, is there any official word on this yet?  It's really annoying.  Feels like a bug, but maybe it's by design?  :-\

Unfortunately, I think it is actually by design.

I presume the developers have also made changes to make the game less playable for those using a controller as well?  ???

steelereign

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2014, 04:04:19 PM »

I presume the developers have also made changes to make the game less playable for those using a controller as well?  ???

I did find a reply by HB_Lorin somewhere that confirms that it's by design.  I believe that there were many that claim that the KB/M is easier than the a controller so I kind of expected HB to make it tougher for us.   :D

foz

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2014, 04:36:23 PM »

I did find a reply by HB_Lorin somewhere that confirms that it's by design.  I believe that there were many that claim that the KB/M is easier than the a controller so I kind of expected HB to make it tougher for us.   :D

I would have thought a controller was easier to use than the K/M. I haven't tried but I'm certainly not spending another £30 to find out. :)

HB_LorinB

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2014, 05:04:52 PM »
Sorry for the slower than usual responses guys. As you can imagine I have a lot to respond to now :)

This was by design, well...sort of.  It was a necessary part of the re-design of the mouse swing.   I know the new mouse swing feels very weird after having gotten used to it the way it was...but give it a day or two to get comfortable with and lets see where you are at.  We will, as always, be watching feedback very closely, particularly on this.  But understand that it is going to take a bit of re-learning.  I am sorry we were not able to roll it out before launch.  But if the feedback is overwhelmingly negative after people have had a chance to get used to it, well then guess what we will do?  We will fix it :)

dci_jones

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2014, 05:08:20 PM »
Sorry for the slower than usual responses guys. As you can imagine I have a lot to respond to now :)

This was by design, well...sort of.  It was a necessary part of the re-design of the mouse swing.   I know the new mouse swing feels very weird after having gotten used to it the way it was...but give it a day or two to get comfortable with and lets see where you are at.  We will, as always, be watching feedback very closely, particularly on this.  But understand that it is going to take a bit of re-learning.  I am sorry we were not able to roll it out before launch.  But if the feedback is overwhelmingly negative after people have had a chance to get used to it, well then guess what we will do?  We will fix it :)

That's not good enough Lorin why was it put in by design ? I can't imagine getting used to this awful swing mode, You've broken it, It's a pile of rubbish. This seems to be a favourite pastime for HB over the last few months lets break the swing, First you did it to my Xbox controller not hitting 100% now you've gone and wrecked my enjoyment of the game again after getting used to the mouse. I think I've had enough of you lot tampering with stuff and managing to make it much worse
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 05:12:37 PM by dci_jones »

HB_LorinB

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2014, 05:17:29 PM »

That's not good enough Lorin why was it put in by design ? I can't imagine getting used to this awful swing mode, You've broken it, It's a pile of rubbish. This seems to be a favourite pastime for HB over the last few months lets break the swing, First you did it to my Xbox controller not hitting 100% now you've gone and wrecked my enjoyment of the game again after getting used to the mouse. I think I've had enough of you lot tampering with stuff and managing to make it much worse

I was referring to the cursor disappearing being by design.  And what I went on to say, or what I tried to say, was that we didn't set out with the desire to make the mouse cursor disappear, but that the way we implemented the new swing necessitated that we do so.  As for changing the swing itself, I am sorry if it has upset you.  There are others, posting in another thread, who seem to like it.  we changed the swing because we had a significant amount of feedback that people didn't like it the way is was (including us).  I get that it feels very weird.  But a big part of that is the newness.  Allow yourself to develop a rhythm with it and then make a judgement.  Or don't...that is, of course, totally up to you.  But I think you would be making a mistake to trhow in the towel in the first four hours.  Just my opinion.

Nonolejuste

« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2014, 06:41:41 PM »
It's not so easy to go straight with the mouse and the visibility of the cursor during the whole swing helps a lot to do that. It's difficult to feel so insecure with all drives after a long learning curve....
Don't really understand wich improvement it could be in the gameplay. I'll try to play like this but already think to try joystick...just to compare  :P

steelereign

« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2014, 06:51:57 PM »
I've played a couple rounds with it and I've gotten more comfortable with it.  If anything, I think it's easier to hit the ball straight as it seems the X-axis deviation punishment has been reduced.  However, the putting seems a little off.  I don't feel like the toon/mouse coordination is in sync.

dci_jones

« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2014, 08:15:59 PM »

Allow yourself to develop a rhythm with it and then make a judgement.  Or don't...that is, of course, totally up to you.
Or don't you say, Of course seeing as I've already paid my money for the game months ago it doesn't really matter what I think now does it  :'(

theclubpro

« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2014, 12:59:38 AM »
as i posted in another thread, i have them same problems,so the curser disappears when i move it back i can live with that,the club doesn't move till the curser disappears also(is this the way its should be?) imo the club should begin to move time i start moving my mouse back.but i can not get my golfer to hit it at all when sliding the mouse forward, i tried moving fast and slow, when by chance i do hit it, im no were near 100% on full swings and putting im lucky to make the ball roll 5-7 ft per try.

space-cash