Welcome to the Support page

• 2 Replies

HB_JamesS

• Producer, athlete, good people
« on: April 25, 2013, 03:58:30 PM »
Hello and welcome to the HB Studios Forum and the support page for Ace Geographer: Canada on iPad.

This space was created so you have a way to ask us questions about the game and have the opportunity to tell our team about any issues or bugs that you notice.  Depending on what the issue is, we may be able to fix it in a future update.

Thanks for searching us out. 

- HB Support Staff
« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 08:41:32 AM by HB_JamesS »

Kval8

« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2013, 01:20:52 AM »
Hi there! I am a grade 5/6 teacher at a First Nations school in British Columbia, Canada and I just want to start by saying that this app is a godsend for my students! They love and do well with visuals but aren't very strong readers so this app is perfect for their needs. I especially love the text boxes that read to them, however, sometimes the text isn't showing up. I'm not sure if that is purposeful or a glitch but I would love to see them pop up every time. If you could even throw in a highlighted text feature (to highlight words as they are spoken) that would be absolutely amazing!

Oh and the sound options don't show up either- just the three identical icons/buttons so I had to click each one to figure out which one turned off the music.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 02:00:15 AM by Kval8 »

HB_JamesS

• Producer, athlete, good people
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2013, 12:18:33 PM »
Hi there! I am a grade 5/6 teacher at a First Nations school in British Columbia, Canada and I just want to start by saying that this app is a godsend for my students! They love and do well with visuals but aren't very strong readers so this app is perfect for their needs. I especially love the text boxes that read to them, however, sometimes the text isn't showing up. I'm not sure if that is purposeful or a glitch but I would love to see them pop up every time. If you could even throw in a highlighted text feature (to highlight words as they are spoken) that would be absolutely amazing!

Oh and the sound options don't show up either- just the three identical icons/buttons so I had to click each one to figure out which one turned off the music.

Hi there Kval8, thank you so much for taking the time to post your feedback and questions.  We're very pleased to hear that your students are finding it a useful and engaging learning tool.

Now, to address the couple issues you've identified, here's what I think could be happening.  The text boxes which display the trivia facts after each correctly placed puzzle piece are only designed to appear if you are playing the Trivia Puzzle game mode, and these trivia pop ups will not display in the Timed Puzzle game mode.  The Timed Puzzle mode is designed to challenge players to see how quickly (and accurately) they can complete a puzzle, so for that mode we disable the trivia pop ups and text to keep it moving quickly.  Selecting which game mode you want to play is the last menu you see before going into the game, the one with only two options on the screen (also the Timed Puzzle will be locked until you get perfect on each specific Trivia Puzzle).  However, if this isn't the scenario in which the trivia text isn't showing, then there may be a deeper issue which my team will need to investigate.

The second issue regarding the sound options text and pop up being invisible is completely valid, and is the result of one of the latest iOS upgrades disrupting how those options were displayed.  So if your iPad(s) were upgraded to one of the more recent iOS versions, that's likely why you're seeing this issue now and why it didn't exist when the game was originally released.  I have documented this issue and will look to get it addressed in our next App update.

Thanks again for reaching out to us.  Getting this game into the hands of educators and parents was a key goal of ours, so if you enjoy this App, we'd love a recommendation to any of your colleagues, or a review on the iTunes store (quick link is http://bit.ly/ZIhrmc).

Cheers,
~James

space-cash