Any other Tours?

• 13 Replies

pedarby

« on: August 22, 2014, 07:46:31 AM »
I was just wondering if there are any other tours that we can be playing, and how are these scores all recorded to monitor your progress on the tour? Obviously Dooley and the team are doing a first class job with the spreadsheets etc on PGA, but are there any others?

kpdub

« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2014, 12:06:13 PM »
We are running one over at xbox-society.com   - used to use TW for them, but assuming bugs are fixed we are trying to get our re-started today following yesterday false start

We have a 10 Tournament season, which includes two major tournaments which we will be having a cut after the first two rounds for the leaders to go round in real time.

Season points will be accrued towards our FEDXBS Leaderboard (yes I know rather cheesy) then the top 8 will take part in a match play at the end of the season.

Hoping we can attract some more American gamers as we are 99% British and our lone Texan can't take us all on when we try to run a Ryder Cup style tournament, otherwise it will just be us thick northeners vs the southern softies - lol

Feel free to pop along and join us.  We do all sorts, mainly sports and we are all adults that play for the fun rather than the winning, well mostly ;)

Depending on when you read this or even check us out, the main site might be down as i'm reworking it at the moment, hope to have ti done this weekend but this game is just too distracting lol

Foyballs

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2014, 12:08:32 PM »
I'm checking it out! Southern softie here !!

kpdub

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2014, 12:19:03 PM »
lol - approved you fella.

You will have to make a few posts to become a full member (explained in the welcome PM you will receive), just to cut out the spammers, wums and time wasters really :)

CGilb

• GroupMember
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2014, 12:20:32 PM »
Do we need to signup anywhere, or just play? And where are the standings located exactly?
Everyone's gonna remember my "12"!

kpdub

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2014, 12:34:25 PM »
Yeah you need to sign up on our forum http://www.xbox-society.com/forum/

Standings will be collated yes and displayed via Tournament reports and we have a FEDXBS Leaderboard as well - this is one of the reasons why I'm redoing the main site

BTW, apologies if I am not allowed to advertise sites here, probably a bit too late now - doh

Foyballs

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2014, 12:56:56 PM »
Cheers mate, just made a big hello post. Explaining who I am and what I play etc. I thought I submitted but it's not showing up. Hope it's just awaiting approval and I don't need to type it all again :/

kpdub

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2014, 01:04:16 PM »
YEah, all "newbie" posts get mod queued.  Nothing personal, purely because of previous idiots joining unfortunately, have to protect the community and all that :)

pedarby

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2014, 03:37:52 PM »
You should see mine now Kdub. Glad to see the game getting huge support from the gaming community!

ehages

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2014, 05:07:32 PM »
hi kpdub. I am interested in joining your tour. it sounds like this could be fun with the ryder cup style tournament and plus majors and all the works. I hope you can give me more information as I have joined the website and have not seen anything regarding the golf club. thanks and happy golfing

Valdebrun

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2014, 05:12:19 PM »
I also just signed up for the board but how do I find the tourney ?  I searched for FEDXBS and came up empty.

pedarby

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2014, 05:33:39 PM »
Me neither, Kdub could you point in the right direction for TGC info on your forum.

kpdub

« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2014, 06:26:17 AM »
Firstly, for anyone just registering or going to register can I ask for patience on the registrations being approved (not that anyone has complained) - Its' bank holiday weekend and I'm two admins down (who have the power to authorise registrations) and i'm out a bit this weekend :)

Secondly, the details will appear after anyone who joins has made 10 posts.  As above, this is to protect the community from spammers, wums etc.  We've had a couple of forum rebuilds over the years (since 2008/09) and as you can appreciate a few people int hat time who sign up for something, staff and members put effort in trying to get to know them and make them feel welcome, then they just disappear.

Apologies if its frustrating, but as I'm sure you appreciate, steps like this are important with generating a good community and separating the genuine good members from time wasters :)

pedarby

« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2014, 07:31:47 AM »
Thanks Kdub, all noted and certainly appreciate the systems put in place to ensure you have a good community

space-cash