Can't Play My Created Tours

• 3 Replies

brianfuller75

« on: August 23, 2014, 07:07:39 AM »
I.ve built the courses, published the courses, created a tour, found the tour by searching, but can't play the tour. I've noticed that others on the same found page with similar names can't be played by me either. What am I doing wrong, or is there a problem. I can play small tours that I have played before full game release via the "My Played " box. However two tours that I have created recently can't be accessed for the first time play. :'(
An oldie but a goody!

brianfuller75

« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2014, 07:31:00 AM »
Actually I've now discovered it is more fundamental than I thought. I can't access anything in the search screen. I am going through the "More" box, then searching. It is the same whether searching for tour or tournament. I get a list produced by my search criteria, but clicking on any of them gets me nowhere! I am beginning to think that I am doing something wrong. I have been playing for about 4 weeks and there are still things that confuse me. When I click on either "play Tour" or "play tournament", a limited number of tours/tournaments come up: some official ones, which makes sense, and some odd others which show zero plays. To access a wider range of tours/tournaments I use the "more" box. There are probably some people who are now groaning , because I am asking a stupid question but it is frustrating me greatly. Can I access a game guide/manual/instructions anywhere by the way. I have fumbled my way through reasonably successfully so far, but just need a push in the right direction.
An oldie but a goody!

HB_MitchellK

• GroupMember
  • Softball Engineer
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2014, 09:50:50 AM »
Hey Brian,

Thanks for the report, this issue will be fixed in the next build.
For now you can use the filter in the top right of the "SELECT TOURNAMENT" screen to go to "MY COMPETITIONS" and play them from there. Or  you can use the 'a' button on an xbox style controller to finish your search query. (Type in your search and hit the 'a' button instead of the enter key).

Mitch

brianfuller75

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2014, 05:15:47 PM »
Hi Mitchell
Thanks for the advice. I must admit I hadn't noticed the filter, and the options it leads to. Suddenly everything becomes clear. I suppose the way I was trying to search for my Competitions was not really the obvious way to find things, but having used it successfully before the big update, I hadn't thought of an alternative.
By the way, I love the game, and find it very "addictive" especially the course builder, which I enjoy as much as playing rounds of golf.

I can now happily play other peoples constructed courses as well as my own!

An oldie but a goody!

space-cash