Course Creation one hole at a time?

• 2 Replies

rjn4

« on: January 22, 2014, 10:16:24 PM »
Will we be able to create a course from a blank slate instead of using the generated course option? I think the procedurally generated course option is great but I think It would be nice to also be able to create a course one hole at a time in the big space that seems to be provided with the game.

I have been waiting for a golf game like this for many many years and I am really liking what I am seeing at such a early stage in Development!!

Thanks

Dave McFarland HB

• GroupMember
  • TGC Coder (Graphics/Course Generator)
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2014, 11:38:53 PM »
Yeah, you can start without any holes/clubhouse, and you're just left with an empty terrain.  The course layout generator is just a tool that creates a bunch of holes at once (and a clubhouse,) but you can place them all manually if you like, or generate some and place others.  You can move, reshape, and delete the individual generated holes just the same as if you had created them manually.  You can also change the order of holes.  A course is playable with anywhere from 1 - 18 holes.

Pappy Knuckles

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2014, 02:42:51 AM »
Very nice. There was an XBLA game called Avatar Golf that I enjoyed making courses on.This game is more realistic and fleshed out though, so I'm very excited about the options you provide. I'm sure there is gonna be a ton of great user created content.

space-cash