SimChampions CGA Tour

• 17 Replies

VGP

« on: August 25, 2014, 12:09:14 AM »
We are pleased to announce that we are bringing a new league to SimChampions, on The Golf Club. The CGA Tour will be a fully featured tour run on the XBOX One version of the game. We will utilize the built-in game mechanics of the Tour mode, and run 12 events in the first season, including all four Majors.

Each of the weekly top 10 finishers will be awarded with credits to their account, and the overall points winner at the end of the tour will win a prize. There is no entry fee for this league.

We will run two events per week, with the first event beginning on Mondays at 1:00pm EST, and advancing to the second event of the week on Thursday at 1:00pm EST. The target date for the start of the CGA Tour is Thursday, September 4th, 2014. We plan to bring as many golfers into this league as possible for the kickoff, and make adjustments as needed. Courses will be developed specifically for the CGA Tour to mimic those that you see in real life.

If you are interested in joining the CGA please click on the following link and sign up to the site
http://simchampions.com/t/cga-tour-season-one-sign-ups.1482/

Here is a list of the planned 12 events for our inaugural season of the CGA Tour.
We will do everything we can to make this the most impressive Tour on the internet.

Microsoft Open
Phoenix Open
Masters Tournament
The Players Championship
Memorial Tournament
US Open
Travelers Championship
AT&T National
The Open Championship
Bridgestone Invitational
The Barclays
CGA Championship

denotes Major

If you have any question or comments please shoot me a PM or ask me below. Happy golfing!
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 12:17:55 AM by VGP »

VGP

« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2014, 03:33:21 PM »
Thanks for all who've joined! A little bump for those who haven't seen this thread.  :D

toodlez

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2014, 03:34:03 PM »
Think I will join up this looks like it will be pretty in depth if its run rite

pedarby

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2014, 06:51:50 PM »
I've joined, as have a few other TGC regulars  :)

VGP

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2014, 07:17:33 PM »
I've joined, as have a few other TGC regulars  :)
We're glad to have you!

VGP

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2014, 10:57:02 PM »
Think I will join up this looks like it will be pretty in depth if its run rite
Will your name on the site be the same?

msarff15

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2014, 12:12:14 PM »
I think that the Open Championship should be played at Mount Yeti Royal Golf Links or Harbor Island Black.
My Courses:

Chestnut Country Club

VGP

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2014, 12:45:52 PM »
I think that the Open Championship should be played at Mount Yeti Royal Golf Links or Harbor Island Black.
Hey man, make sure you sign up to the site and post all of your suggestions, including this one, under the thread "Tour Suggestion" and make sure you join the tour if you're interested!

VGP

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2014, 08:09:40 PM »
The tour starts one week from today, make sure you sign up if interested. http://simchampions.com/t/cga-tour-season-one-sign-ups.1482/

pedarby

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2014, 07:40:08 AM »
How are you intend to track results and where will these be displayed?

VGP

« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2014, 09:44:23 AM »
How are you intend to track results and where will these be displayed?
Hello Pedarby,

We will have a full up to date display on our website on the CGA Tour section for results... I'm assuming results are tracked in-game but we have to research that as we are running tests this weekend. The Tour will be highly comprehensive with graphics and great, challenging courses. If you have any other suggestions please post them in the "Tour Suggestions" thread on the site as we are open for any conversation. We hope to see you this Thursday to enjoy a fun opening tournament.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 09:54:56 AM by VGP »

VGP

« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2014, 12:30:52 AM »
The SimChampions.com CGA Tour starts this Thursday! Make sure you join the site and sign up for the tour in the original post if you are interested!

IIIxINFERNOxIII

« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2014, 01:54:20 AM »
Trying to sign up but I can't get the site to send me a confirmation email so I can activate my account.

VGP

« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2014, 02:03:01 AM »
Trying to sign up but I can't get the site to send me a confirmation email so I can activate my account.
sorry to hear about that, I'll look into it shortly

toodlez

« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2014, 10:01:45 AM »
It appears that the start was delayed til this coming Sunday so they can finish up their course design and course list

http://simchampions.com/t/cga-tour-roll-call.1503/

roll call thread for those still playing to make it known they are still playing

space-cash