A few questions...

• 10 Replies

radamo

« on: August 26, 2014, 11:01:51 PM »
New PS4 player (obviously) and the game seems pretty well done.  I just have a couple of early questions...
1.  How does one generate backspin?  I took many wedge shots and the ball seemed to roll forward no matter what I did.   
2.  Are there plans to enhance local co-op?  My family and I love to play games against each other.  They also like to have a customized player that they can use. 

Thanks for a game that looks like it will be fun to play for a good long while.

jeb91

« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2014, 11:15:12 PM »
I have the same questions. I'm also curious about the shot shaping. i watched one of the tutorial videos on this website and when the person held the trigger to shape the shot, it showed the trajectory and how much the ball would draw or fade. Was this removed? it is not showing up when I hold L2

Anthony Kyne

• Producer -- @AnthonyKyne
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2014, 11:19:20 PM »
Hi guys
1) is a bug, that we're looking in to. We've actually tried to fix it 3 times
2) you only see the shot shaping when you're creating courses, to give you an idea of how others could play shots

Lordenigma

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2014, 11:54:31 PM »
1 I am not sure what he means by 1 is a bug...  To create backspin you press and hold L2 then put more loft on the shot by pressing up or down on the d pad.  You can shape spy's by moving spin left or right on the d pad.  Be careful when adding loft as it makes your shot fly shorter just as in real life.

On this subject a great tip for chipping is to add loft to 80% or so and it won't roll out so damn far. :)

Turn the tips on my bullhorn country club red!   :P

Anthony Kyne

• Producer -- @AnthonyKyne
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2014, 12:00:31 AM »
Hahaha sorry I was reading too many threads at once. I answered 2 completely different questions. Doh

HB_LorinB

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2014, 07:28:26 AM »
lol...to answer the op of this post (which Anthony did not do :) ):

1) Backspin is generated in the game as it is in real life..by adding loft. Hold left trigger and add loft (thereby decreasing the distance of the shot) and it will add rotation to the ball.

2) We will definitely be looking in to this down the road.

HB_LorinB

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2014, 07:29:48 AM »
I have the same questions. I'm also curious about the shot shaping. i watched one of the tutorial videos on this website and when the person held the trigger to shape the shot, it showed the trajectory and how much the ball would draw or fade. Was this removed? it is not showing up when I hold L2

If you mean showing the orange (ish) line on the course, that is only in the Course Designer for testing purposes.  It is not there when you are playing.

radamo

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2014, 08:56:28 AM »
Thanks for the prompt replies.  Did I miss a manual somewhere?  How would I have known about the left trigger?

HB_LorinB

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2014, 08:58:01 AM »
It should be on screen in the game (in the bottom right corner).  It says 'Shot Modification'.

radamo

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2014, 12:45:54 PM »
Don't remember seeing that but will look tonight.
Thanks...

LT_RAVEN_CLAW

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2014, 12:58:01 PM »
1 I am not sure what he means by 1 is a bug...  To create backspin you press and hold L2 then put more loft on the shot by pressing up or down on the d pad.  You can shape spy's by moving spin left or right on the d pad.  Be careful when adding loft as it makes your shot fly shorter just as in real life.

On this subject a great tip for chipping is to add loft to 80% or so and it won't roll out so damn far. :)

Turn the tips on my bullhorn country club red!   :P

Thanks for the chipping advice, was wondering why my ball kept rolling way past hole.
My Courses:

Steppingstone Golf Club
New Steppingstone Golf Club
Little Round Top G & CC

space-cash