Great game but damn I am terrible!

• 6 Replies

x12AiDeRx

« on: August 27, 2014, 12:38:26 PM »
I absolutely love this game and I already put several hours into late into the night last night. I thought I was doing pretty decent on my own so I joined a tour and a tournament and I just completely imploded on the courses I was doing. It seems like you really just have to get a feel for the game with your irons and putting. I did have a question about the putting though... On some of the "forest" or courses with trees when there are shadows on the green is there anyway to actually be able to see the damn hole? I feel like I am putting blind on a lot of holes.... Thank you in advance!
PSN: x12AiDeRx

LT_RAVEN_CLAW

« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2014, 01:01:04 PM »
Yes me too. I struggled last night. Went 20+ on Mount Yeti. Played a little easier course this morning an shot a 59. So it will come. I'm learning what clubs to use, how much loft to use, things like that. Putting is still a struggle. I did make a 54 foot putt this morning though.
My Courses:

Steppingstone Golf Club
New Steppingstone Golf Club
Little Round Top G & CC

aftrshok99

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2014, 01:03:05 PM »
I absolutely love this game and I already put several hours into late into the night last night. I thought I was doing pretty decent on my own so I joined a tour and a tournament and I just completely imploded on the courses I was doing. It seems like you really just have to get a feel for the game with your irons and putting. I did have a question about the putting though... On some of the "forest" or courses with trees when there are shadows on the green is there anyway to actually be able to see the damn hole? I feel like I am putting blind on a lot of holes.... Thank you in advance!

Just keep at it, it gets easier the more you play and get a feel for it. As far as the shadows, drives me nuts to. Sometimes I can't see the hole even when I have an idea of where it's at.
Steam Name: aftrshok99
PSN: aftrshok99

Courses:
The Forum Country Club - Hole 16

In Progress:
WHCC (Local Course)

x12AiDeRx

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2014, 01:08:48 PM »
Yes me too. I struggled last night. Went 20+ on Mount Yeti. Played a little easier course this morning an shot a 59. So it will come. I'm learning what clubs to use, how much loft to use, things like that. Putting is still a struggle. I did make a 54 foot putt this morning though.

Yea I really need to get a better feel on the high loft and low loft shots and the just the right amount of power when I am using my irons! 54 putt that is awesome man and doesn't it feel so rewarding when you make a nice putt? I was feeling like Rory on some putts last night then I start laughing at myself because I get pumped about it haha. Feel free to add me on the PS4 if you want its the same as my forum name.

x12AiDeRx

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2014, 01:10:13 PM »
Just keep at it, it gets easier the more you play and get a feel for it. As far as the shadows, drives me nuts to. Sometimes I can't see the hole even when I have an idea of where it's at.

Yea I hope there is a way to fix that. I saw you last night on the PGA Tour when I was playing. I was trying to catch you because you were in 1st place lol.

shifty009

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2014, 01:12:26 PM »
On some of the "forest" or courses with trees when there are shadows on the green is there anyway to actually be able to see the damn hole? I feel like I am putting blind on a lot of holes.... Thank you in advance!
Try hitting your putting view button, move it to the angle you want, click down on your control stick, and you can putt from that angle.  Thats helped me out of a few unique situations.
I sleep well with others.

aftrshok99

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2014, 01:14:43 PM »

Yea I hope there is a way to fix that. I saw you last night on the PGA Tour when I was playing. I was trying to catch you because you were in 1st place lol.

Don't worry, I won't be there long...I tend to blow up each round at some point.  :)
Steam Name: aftrshok99
PSN: aftrshok99

Courses:
The Forum Country Club - Hole 16

In Progress:
WHCC (Local Course)

space-cash