Course generation surprises

• 4 Replies

rjn4

« on: January 23, 2014, 10:45:05 PM »
Hello developers!

I just wanted to ask you guys if you have had the course generator surprise you when it possibly made something you didn't expect.? If so what kind of surprising and interesting things have you seen ?

I love the fact that the generator will create unique, realistic courses; but it is also fun and inspiring to see things get created that are totally unexpected. Love the idea of this game and these forums will serve well for the gap between now and release.

Anthony Kyne

• Producer -- @AnthonyKyne
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2014, 10:56:10 PM »
I played one a couple of weeks ago that had an amazing 18th. It was a Dog Leg par 5. With the last 150yrds or so after the turn.
I played the first shot, then realised a huge pond, running through the fairway. So I hit the 2nd up short.
For the 3rd I could see around the turn with the Green and Club house in the distance. Studying the shot more I could see that the pond had a little gully that was creating a smaller water hazard just before the Green. The Green was then elevated and behind the green there was a huge bank with 2 huge bunkers in it and the club house above it.
It looked like someone had spent hours on sculpting something so perfect, but it was all done in the generator.
The worst thing was, I didn't save it, so I'll never see it again!

SimplyChalky

• Simply PS Gaming
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2014, 05:28:08 AM »
Wow you wet my appetite just by the way you described that hole.
Gaming with pals on the PS4

https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/113455616128338604077

A community for mature PlayStation gamers to organise online gaming events.

Golfer

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2014, 04:14:36 AM »
Of course someone will design Augusta National. Will there be any issues will real user created courses? will we have to name it Schmugusta?  LOL

I'll keep checking but, I haven't seen info from HB as far as any fees for downloading users courses from within the Xbox ONE Store?

GrafUlrich88

• golf-beta
  • Viva Montana!!!
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2014, 12:08:16 AM »
I played one a couple of weeks ago that had an amazing 18th. It was a Dog Leg par 5. With the last 150yrds or so after the turn.
I played the first shot, then realised a huge pond, running through the fairway. So I hit the 2nd up short.
For the 3rd I could see around the turn with the Green and Club house in the distance. Studying the shot more I could see that the pond had a little gully that was creating a smaller water hazard just before the Green. The Green was then elevated and behind the green there was a huge bank with 2 huge bunkers in it and the club house above it.
It looked like someone had spent hours on sculpting something so perfect, but it was all done in the generator.
The worst thing was, I didn't save it, so I'll never see it again!

Hey Anthony,

You just made all wish we could have seen it. Perhaps you can get you team to create what you described as best as possible and put it in one of the created courses that you guys will have in the game. Please do this I know I speak for a lot of that would love to try that hole out.

Cheers!!!
Rob H aka Graf

space-cash