adding water in course creator

• 7 Replies

kykernel

« on: August 28, 2014, 10:50:18 AM »
Hi folks...question on adding water in course creator.  Anyone know if there is an add water brush coming?  Similar to something like the create bunker brushes?  I'm running into issues where I raise the elevation of the course and in areas where I'd like to add say a pond or lake it will just be a hole I guess since my elevation is too high and water doesn't fill in since i'm a certain height above sea level. Let me know if anyone has any suggestions.   Hope this makes sense.  Thanks.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 11:00:36 AM by kykernel »

anserman

« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2014, 10:52:54 AM »
Makes sense and no you cannot do what you are wanting to

I would think it would be a major change in the engine to add a brush like you want and many of us have asked for such a thing.  It basically makes it hard to do accurate real courses as things stand currently.

Reebdoog

• GroupMember
  • needs new clubs...
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2014, 10:54:48 AM »
There is currently no way to simply use a brush for this. The water and water effects are tied to "sea level" or whatever they call it in the game.

I believe that the graphical effects and water properties are not able to simply be "dropped in" somewhere. I think part of it may be that once you add water...does it just stay on that plane until you move things around it or what? How far does it reach underground? all that jazz. NOT an easy thing to implement.

For now just lower the terrain around it to get the effect. Not ideal but hey, it's a game. You can make each hole look however you want . :)
Olafsen Skerries
Turu Wero
Warrior Ridge
Hyperion Fields
Old Tom's Ferry
Einstakt Foss Golfklubb
The Sonoma Sands Golf Club
Bandit Ridge
Bridges at Paradise Cove
Fenyard Keep
Edenvale (Major and Members)

DAM stuff:
Ardoilean
Silver City Beach Club

kykernel

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2014, 11:02:50 AM »
And on the flip side by the way, I also get water at times when I just want to add a dip in the terrain ,etc.  It looks like since this is  truly sea level driven that you need to be really precise on what elevations you build at.

Viggo

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2014, 12:14:32 PM »
Just came here to ask this myself. Man, that's a pisser.
XBL: the sVig
PSN: sViggy

Mabster

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2014, 01:03:23 PM »
You can make each hole look however you want .

Except we can't because the tools aren't present.

I agree a stream and a pond brush is needed badly. I can't get anywhere close to making my home course till these are implemented. I guess I could make a drought version with dry beds everywhere...
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 04:21:03 PM by Mabster »

PhraseUniverse

• golf-beta
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2014, 04:19:02 PM »
This is how I add water:

Sculpt the land and lower to below sea level. I made a small creek that goes right through a few holes.

Mitchblue

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2014, 04:57:29 PM »
This is how I add water:

Sculpt the land and lower to below sea level. I made a small creek that goes right through a few holes.

I do this and the water is filled only partially..like a half of glass of water..I can't seem to level it off to the top.
PSN ID:  Mitchrapp29

space-cash