More Course Questions

• 4 Replies

Tekray

« on: January 24, 2014, 10:10:38 PM »
1. If I duplicate a real life course can I call my course Pebble Beach or do I have to make up something like Little Stone Beach for copywrite infringement?
2. Rights to my creations for copy/editing? Don't want to spend 20 hours making something great and have someone add a bump to 1 fairway and publish it as their own.
3. Will there be some sort of rating system for a course by people that play it?
4. Can we collaborate on building a course? Lets say I make the best greens, could someone send me a work in progress before its public and then I add my magic greens to it and then co-publish it.

HB_Paul

• Administrator
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2014, 10:58:11 PM »
I can answer 2, 3, and 4 on this

2. Rights to my creations for copy/editing? Don't want to spend 20 hours making something great and have someone add a bump to 1 fairway and publish it as their own.

Published courses either not be editable for other players, or if we decide to allow this, there will be an option for the creator to allow their course to be edited by other players. We're still in discussions on how we are going to handle this.

3. Will there be some sort of rating system for a course by people that play it?

Yes, you'll be able to rate courses you play on a scale of 1-10. 

4. Can we collaborate on building a course? Lets say I make the best greens, could someone send me a work in progress before its public and then I add my magic greens to it and then co-publish it.

Unfortunately this is not planned at this time.  Its an interesting feature to consider though and something I will bring up on Monday but I don't think we'll have time to implement anything like this before the release of the game. 

Member121CA

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2014, 04:43:17 PM »
I am seriously looking forward to the course creator. I might not ever play golf on anyone else's course ever again.

Collaborating on a course is a MUST for me. It does not need to be available on initial release. But I cannot imagine a brand new course creator on the market without the ability to collaborate. Especially since PS4, Steam, Apple Maverick are marketing their community and development features as the next big thing.

As far as copyright infringement; I remember a long time ago there was several perfumes on the market that had unique names but the promotional material used the phrase, or something like it, "Our version of Brut by Faberge". It was legal back then. And, an even longer time ago I bought a small vinyl sheet that wrapped around my beer can. I could walk around outside with a beer (illegal to do here) that looked like a can of Caco Cola. Yes, slightly misspelled but same colours and stylized script.

I'm sure Prebble Beach's lawyers will call if they feel the need. I'm off to Oak Thrill for some r+r
CPU: Intel i5 4670
MoBo: MSI Z87M-G43
GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 4GB
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1866MHz

n49th

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2014, 09:56:41 PM »
Speaking of copyright infringement, it might be fun to start a thread to see what clever names course creators could come up with in lieu of the actual name.

Oak Thrill is great!

The first rule of The Golf Club is to always talk about The Golf Club

GrafUlrich88

• golf-beta
  • Viva Montana!!!
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2014, 01:34:19 PM »
I can answer 2, 3, and 4 on this

Published courses either not be editable for other players, or if we decide to allow this, there will be an option for the creator to allow their course to be edited by other players. We're still in discussions on how we are going to handle this.

Yes, you'll be able to rate courses you play on a scale of 1-10. 

Unfortunately this is not planned at this time.  Its an interesting feature to consider though and something I will bring up on Monday but I don't think we'll have time to implement anything like this before the release of the game.

Hey Paul,

I hope you guys will consider adding the course collaboration in a future update. It would be fun to work with a friend or a few friends on a course together. It's just another way to bring the community of golf gamers together even more.

Cheers!!!
Rob H aka Graf

space-cash