Query on Local Play

• 8 Replies

SheepyUSA

« on: August 31, 2014, 04:56:30 PM »
Hi All,
Long time reader but first time poster on the forum.
I picked up the PS4 version the other day and am loving it. 
Me and my wife are playing it lots but I only have 1 controller and are passing it back and forth.
She has to play as a guest to the main user which means she doesn't get any stats or even appear on the leaderboard in comps. 
Also if I close and go back to the game she gets removed from the tournament so we can't play half a tourny and then come back into it later.
So, my question is, if I bought another controller could she add herself as a separate user to the game so she then plays on her own profile? 
I'm guessing that when she turns the second controller on it will ask her which user is using it and she could maybe then join my game as that user? Or doesn't the PS4 work like that and she will just be a second user on my profile?
I'd really appreciate for someone has has 2 controllers to try this or maybe they already have. 
Thanks in advance.  :)

Crazycobra151

« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2014, 05:52:21 PM »
She would log in her profile on ps4 but the game still puts her as guest in game

johneric8

• GroupMember
  • Been here since the beginning!
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2014, 12:33:32 AM »
this setup is bogus ....   
Please HB,  give us a way to share user created society templates of our tour course schedules.

SheepyUSA

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2014, 05:31:27 AM »
this setup is bogus ....
Yeah it's not as I hoped it would be but maybe that's a ps4 limitation rather than the game's?
I realise there probably isn't as much requirement for local multiplayer these days but if a few friends get together for golf comps and beers etc they won't get stats etc. 
It's a shame.

HB_LorinB

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2014, 07:23:32 AM »
Hey Sheppy, we are hearing this more and more so we will be looking in to it.

SheepyUSA

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2014, 08:24:06 AM »
Thanks lorin.  I'm thinking that the issue of it losing the guests if you resume a comp is bug / issue that could be resolved too?  So if you only play 2 rounds of a 4 round competition and turn off and come back in the next day only the main person will be there. So you have to finish a comp in full which can take a couple of hours. Cheers.

HB_LorinB

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2014, 08:30:15 AM »
I think it is related, yes.  We don't save scorecards for a guest, which is why they are not there when the play session stops.

SheepyUSA

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2014, 08:31:24 AM »
Ok cool. Thanks lorin. Keep up the good work.

derkergen2000

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2014, 01:11:31 PM »
I too would like to see local players able to set their own stats instead of being a guest, hope you guys can figure this out. :)

space-cash