Course libraries/textures

• 22 Replies

Coda1850

« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2014, 03:12:46 PM »
We have one course that we created in the first few months of development call "The Pit of Death"
The terrain is at the max height it can be with the green sunk as far down as it can be without being submerged by water.
A silly course, but can be done

This is why I'm hoping that you include in the course description: Real, Fictional, or Fantasy

I know that some people like "silly" Fantasy courses but I'm not one of them.  I prefer Real and Fictional courses so I would really like to know what type of course it is before downloading it.

-MERACE

+++1.  Exactly.  Along with the post after this one.  The great tracks will need a system to make them readily identified & available.
Golf Golf Golf
Hole in 1 count: 3

Dave McFarland HB

• GroupMember
  • TGC Coder (Graphics/Course Generator)
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2014, 04:14:17 PM »
This is a good idea.  We've discussed having a tagging system, but there are some details to work out (author vs. community tags, fixed vs. freeform.)  Some sort of convention using the description would be a good stopgap.

The course editor offers enough freedom that people _will_ create silly courses, and instead of trying to hide them, we'd rather help people find the type of course they're looking for.

GrafUlrich88

• golf-beta
  • Viva Montana!!!
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2014, 11:57:54 PM »
This is a good idea.  We've discussed having a tagging system, but there are some details to work out (author vs. community tags, fixed vs. freeform.)  Some sort of convention using the description would be a good stopgap.

The course editor offers enough freedom that people _will_ create silly courses, and instead of trying to hide them, we'd rather help people find the type of course they're looking for.

Hey Dave,

Have the courses divided up into real, fantasy, or unconventional as examples. As well as having the ability to see how many people download the courses, their rating say in 5 stars increments of .5 (3.5 or 4.5), also allowing users to write up a review of the course for users to read and comment on. Just some ideas to consider.

Cheers!!!
Rob H aka Graf

morden44

• Suck It Up ButterCup
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2014, 04:53:44 PM »
I believe that once a designer creates a course it should be fixed. If someone takes the time to do a very nice course I don't think it should be tampered with by anyone.

sinewiz

« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2014, 05:30:26 PM »
I couldn't agree more. Why in the world wouldn't we have the capability of locking our courses. (If we want to)

GrafUlrich88

• golf-beta
  • Viva Montana!!!
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2014, 05:34:48 PM »
I believe that once a designer creates a course it should be fixed. If someone takes the time to do a very nice course I don't think it should be tampered with by anyone.

Hey Morden,

I agree with you as well. I don't think someone who didn't create the course be allowed to modify, except of course the HB Staff.

Cheers!!!
Rob H aka Graf

Member121CA

« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2014, 05:20:20 PM »
Looking, with binoculars ;-), into the future we really want you guys to be creating content though.

I want this, too. please & thankyou
CPU: Intel i5 4670
MoBo: MSI Z87M-G43
GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 4GB
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1866MHz

Huckleberry

• golf-beta
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2014, 08:10:58 PM »
I couldn't agree more. Why in the world wouldn't we have the capability of locking our courses. (If we want to)

See this thread: http://www.hb-studios.com/forum/index.php?topic=559.0;topicseen
"I think an eagle would've tasted sweeter...I haven't tasted eagle...but, I'm just sayin'."

space-cash