How flexible will pc version be?

• 6 Replies

Big Mutha

« on: January 25, 2014, 08:18:18 AM »
Will we be able to upload courses we make on pc to ps4?

Little daz

Anthony Kyne

• Producer -- @AnthonyKyne
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2014, 01:49:06 PM »
Hopefully. Technically it's possible, it will just depend on the restrictions that the Console developers put on us. We're hoping so though. Imagine making a course on the PC and your friends that all have Playstations being able to play it!

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2014, 03:28:08 PM »
Hopefully. Technically it's possible, it will just depend on the restrictions that the Console developers put on us. We're hoping so though. Imagine making a course on the PC and your friends that all have Playstations being able to play it!

To make sure I'm following you correctly here Anthony, you're saying that it will depend on Sony and Microsoft as to whether this will happen or not?  From my understanding, the user created course's "DNA" is accessed through your server, correct?  At that point its just raw data, no matter what platform from which it was created. 

I'm really hoping that you can make this cross platform course sharing work.  I think it would expand the market for the game appreciably.
Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

Anthony Kyne

• Producer -- @AnthonyKyne
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2014, 03:54:08 PM »
Yes correct. With the way the game works, the generator just builds the course from the DNA. So in the future courses made today will still be usable on any future console/device - PS7, iPhone 10. There is no limits

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2014, 04:12:29 PM »
Yes correct. With the way the game works, the generator just builds the course from the DNA. So in the future courses made today will still be usable on any future console/device - PS7, iPhone 10. There is no limits

Okay, well that clears up where the courses reside and with that , I don't see where there would be a problem with course sharing, but I'm not a Philadelphia lawyer either  :)  I think where I potentially see a console proprietary issue would be with playing against the echo balls (live shot telemetry) of players on the *other* console in real time.  That seems like it could constitute connectivity between XBox One and PS4, but then again, your server would be acting as the arbitrator so conceptually, it could be argued that it wasn't a "direct" interaction.  I'm sure the development team has been wrestling with this...
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

MERACE

• golf-beta
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2014, 06:23:58 PM »

Okay, well that clears up where the courses reside and with that , I don't see where there would be a problem with course sharing, but I'm not a Philadelphia lawyer either  :)  I think where I potentially see a console proprietary issue would be with playing against the echo balls (live shot telemetry) of players on the *other* console in real time.  That seems like it could constitute connectivity between XBox One and PS4, but then again, your server would be acting as the arbitrator so conceptually, it could be argued that it wasn't a "direct" interaction.  I'm sure the development team has been wrestling with this...

Ya, but I'm thinking shouldn't we be able play cross platform at the least with ghost balls?  :-\

-MERACE

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2014, 07:22:18 PM »
Ya, but I'm thinking shouldn't we be able play cross platform at the least with ghost balls?  :-\

I'm thinking we should at least be able to do this.  The round you would be playing against would be a recorded archive at that point that's being accessed by the server. 

After more thought about playing live, online multiplayer via "echo balls", wasn't voice chat between players listed as a component?  I can see where there might be even more difficulties, legally, in negotiating a live communication link between a gamer on an XBox One and another on a  PS4.  Whatever the case, I'm really hoping HB Studios can make live, cross-platform multiplayer possible.
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

space-cash