augusta nationals course.

• 13 Replies

sweetdiqwillie76

« on: September 01, 2014, 08:52:44 PM »
I recently created the augusta nationals course using an aerial map and google maps. i would really appreciate if you would give it a try. if you do try it out and enjoy it - or dont- please feel free to message me any criticisms and suggestions.

the course name is Augusta Masters.

if you like it, enjoy it, and wanna see more, please send me some ideas or requests.

dezy22

« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2014, 09:15:00 PM »
i'll give it try right now just goin on for a round

sweetdiqwillie76

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2014, 09:17:28 PM »
keep in mind the visuals are off... i went for layout and yardage...

ObsoleteNexus

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2014, 09:32:50 PM »
Hey 76 I would suggest republishing with removing the 'Master's' from the title. Many creator's in other games have had that request from the club, they are very protective of the word masters.
Courses Created: (my ranking)

Old Turramurra: Est 1878 HD
Manjimup Golf Club
Clifton Golf Club Final

dezy22

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2014, 11:00:15 PM »
was pretty decent course m8

MLT24

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2014, 01:21:52 PM »
I will give it a try later today.

I played the Masters edition on TW and know the course real well from that and I been watching The Masters on TV since I was a little pup, I am now 48.

Augusta National is one of my most favorite courses ever and it is the little nuances in the course that makes it so special. Uphill fairway here, creek there, tier greens, corner there, water, go for it or hold back, slick greens. I know it sounds like a lot of courses, but AN has amazing character, no two holes just alike. Amen corner, well need I say more.

So I did like your course, but it really didn't make me feel like I was on any particular hole at AN. I know you said you had not gotten that far yet, but I would like to see someone pull it off if it is possible. If you have a copy of the latest  TW game one could use that as a reference. IT is remarkably accurate to the real thing.

Good luck with it and let me know when you make advances on it, would like to try it again.

If I were to make a course besides AN, I would like to make TPC Sawgrass. IN TW it played way too easy to the real thing. THis game could do that course justice!
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 02:42:28 PM by MLT24 »

inovashn

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2014, 05:22:30 PM »
I would really like to see something close on this course.
No matter how high of a score I would always play simply for its beauty and history
with that being said idk if the course creator will ever allow or come close to all the different plants and colors.
heres hoping they add some bushes and flowers

brodhead7

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2014, 10:10:56 AM »
I have played the course and although you have the distances and hole shapes correct it feels nothing like the actual course.  One of the key features of Augusta is the undulating greens and really fast speeds what you have are really large flat greens.  I am currently building Augusta National.  I've already put in around 20 hours on the course. I started with a completely flattened piece of land. I'm doing it in steps the first was the layout of all the holes which took some time without a true measuring tool so you have to be quite creative (took about 10 hours). Now I'm laying out the fairways greens and bunkers to within a few feet of actual distances thanks to Google earth and bluegolf.  I'm about halfway done with this as of now (about 8 holes done). The next step would be to add all the elevation changes through out the course(there is quite a bit). Then Greens slopes, and finally planting of trees and bushes.  I have a couple concerns though. First there is no way to replicate the pine-straw current, and secondly there is not enough color variation in plants to truly replicate the beauty of Augusta.

bigtee

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2014, 10:29:13 AM »
I think people are picking the wrong theme for augusta for starters.

brodhead7

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2014, 10:49:15 AM »
I agree with you bigtee i have applied each theme and no single theme works perfectly.  The Autumn theme give you diversity of color with trees and the correct background, but the fairways and greens then don't look right(not that lush green color you see at the masters).  Rural theme has that lush green color but no color variation in the plants and a mountain in the background. Alpine is similar to rural in that it as the correct fairway and green colors, it has the almost the perfect type of trees for Augusta, but it again has no real color variation. Desert no explanation needed.  Links theme is to brown in my opinion. And none however have pine straw which is a big visual feature for Augusta.  I did toy with the idea of using the desert theme and using the dirt as a substitute for the pine straw, but nowhere near the correct trees and lush green color.  (Not being sarcastic) What theme would you use?

bigtee

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2014, 01:11:00 PM »
I agree with you bigtee i have applied each theme and no single theme works perfectly.  The Autumn theme give you diversity of color with trees and the correct background, but the fairways and greens then don't look right(not that lush green color you see at the masters).  Rural theme has that lush green color but no color variation in the plants and a mountain in the background. Alpine is similar to rural in that it as the correct fairway and green colors, it has the almost the perfect type of trees for Augusta, but it again has no real color variation. Desert no explanation needed.  Links theme is to brown in my opinion. And none however have pine straw which is a big visual feature for Augusta.  I did toy with the idea of using the desert theme and using the dirt as a substitute for the pine straw, but nowhere near the correct trees and lush green color.  (Not being sarcastic) What theme would you use?

If i had to use one it would be desert. Then again, i wouldn't use one. Might be best to wait for tropical theme, and more editing tools. 

brodhead7

« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2014, 01:34:41 PM »
Well there is still a lot of work to be done on this course currently, so I'm hoping that by the time I get close to the finished product there will be new additions to the creator.  I think the ideal theme would be one where you have access to everything in the creator.  Then I could use desert theme base, different background, colorful trees from autumn theme and, and lush green fairways and trees from alpine theme.

MR OCD

• (PS4)
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2014, 03:35:18 PM »
Played this today, really enjoyed it, nice course.

The one thing it needs is the elevation of Augusta, some of the holes seemed a bit 'flat'. Saying that I've not tried the course editor, so I've no idea how difficult it is to design these.
PSN ID: MR--OCD

brodhead7

« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2014, 10:57:15 AM »
Here is a link to another thread that I started about my version of Augusta National.  There is a video teaser but the link in the first post doesn't work but the link in the 4th post works.

http://www.hb-studios.com/forum/index.php?topic=6115.0

space-cash