Wonky Controller or What

• 11 Replies

aftrshok99

« on: September 02, 2014, 09:44:57 PM »
This is the first time I've been this frustrated playing TGC, I don't know what it is but no matter what I do it slices every 2 shots. Right now I'm to the point I'm just going to set it down and not play for awhile. I push the stick straight back and straight up and it slices. I just don't get it, I was using the same controller when I was playing on the PC during early access and had no issues. It's like after the PS4 patch is when it started acting weird.
Steam Name: aftrshok99
PSN: aftrshok99

Courses:
The Forum Country Club - Hole 16

In Progress:
WHCC (Local Course)

Quanah

« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2014, 01:03:22 AM »
No problem here

NevadaBallin

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2014, 01:13:49 AM »
Mine is fine as well and I'm also using the same controller when playing the pc early access.
Twitch Channel>  http://www.twitch.tv/YoNevadaBallin

Come by and say hello

***TGC 2019 Courses***
- Montreux Barracuda (RCR Montreux, Reno, NV)
- St Alphonso GC FXD
- Idlewild South Memorial GC
- Bacarra Golf Club

Mitchblue

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2014, 01:58:16 AM »
This is the first time I've been this frustrated playing TGC, I don't know what it is but no matter what I do it slices every 2 shots. Right now I'm to the point I'm just going to set it down and not play for awhile. I push the stick straight back and straight up and it slices. I just don't get it, I was using the same controller when I was playing on the PC during early access and had no issues. It's like after the PS4 patch is when it started acting weird.

Someone gave me some great advice..if you're using the rt controller..try the left one. It sure helped my slice problem.
PSN ID:  Mitchrapp29

HB_LorinB

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2014, 08:21:32 AM »
Are you talking about a DS4 on the PS4?

aftrshok99

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2014, 08:36:44 AM »
Are you talking about a DS4 on the PS4?

Yes, I always use the left stick but switchec to the right stick and it didn't help. Guess I'll chalk it up to me doing something wrong but when I deliberatly push it left of center it still slices. Maybe I need to switch my avatar back to the male until my female avatar spends some time on the range.  :o

Courses:

In Progress:
WHCC (Local Course)

HB_LorinB

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2014, 01:38:44 PM »
That is very odd, shok.  Do you have another one to test?  I assume you have turned everything all the way off and back on?

You didn't injure your thumb, did you?

aftrshok99

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2014, 03:05:41 PM »
That is very odd, shok.  Do you have another one to test?  I assume you have turned everything all the way off and back on?

You didn't injure your thumb, did you?

No I sure don't, only controller I have. I mess around with it more tonight and see what happens. I have shut off everything all the way and then back on. Same old slice...LOL  :)

Maybe my thumb is in a different spot on the controller than in the past? Dunno, not injured now but if I can't get the slicing under control I'm gonna break both my thumbs.  :o

And when it slices it's a big slice not just a little one, seems to happen about once or twice per hole.

Since no one else is having issues it is probably me that's causing it and I'll eventually get it worked out.

Courses:

In Progress:
WHCC (Local Course)

Redeyedd

• Steam/PSN Redeyedd
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2014, 03:10:45 PM »
Food debris stuck in the thumbstick? a buddy had this a while back in another game.
TGC2 Courses

Araluen Country Club ( crowds will only show up when played in a society event)
Lakelands Country Club

aftrshok99

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2014, 03:38:56 PM »
Food debris stuck in the thumbstick? a buddy had this a while back in another game.

Could be some dust or something, I never eat around it or use it with dirty hands....LOL

Courses:

In Progress:
WHCC (Local Course)

TheTwizzler1974

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2014, 06:23:31 PM »
I have the same problem with one of my controllers. One works perfect but for some reason the other one slices real easy. To play with it I actually have to look at the controller and aim a little left which really makes it tough to be consistent.

aftrshok99

« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2014, 10:14:58 AM »
I have the same problem with one of my controllers. One works perfect but for some reason the other one slices real easy. To play with it I actually have to look at the controller and aim a little left which really makes it tough to be consistent.

It's funny how it worked perfectly when I was using it on the PC for the last few months playing TGC but when I went to the PS4 with it, it slices now....LOL

Courses:

In Progress:
WHCC (Local Course)

space-cash