Angled waypoint on a Par 3?

• 8 Replies

AINT_NO_1_BETTA

« on: September 03, 2014, 10:31:23 PM »
Hello all,

I searched forum for "moving waypoints" but can't find an answer.

Why is the waypoint angled on my Par 3? How do I straighten it out?

Do I have to move the entire green, or tee box?

Thank you for your time.

hanson2709

• GT- PishPosh v2
    • Gamer Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2014, 11:46:26 PM »
You should be able to move the cursor over the waypoint then scroll to 'move'. Select move then straighten out the waypoint.

A waypoint doesn't really change
much besides which direction the starting shot is aimed and it serves as a path for the fairway to follow(which on this hole wouldn't make a difference anyways)
“The most important shot in golf is the next one.”
  – Ben Hogan

AINT_NO_1_BETTA

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2014, 01:02:06 AM »
Thank you for your time and suggestion, Hanson.

I've moved over the waypoint (back and forth) many times, but it never allows me to edit it. I'd like to straighten it out because the tee box angles to the right, while my golfer faces the island green. The only work around I can find is to completely relocate the tee box.

guitardude_324

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2014, 09:12:39 AM »
I've found that the option for  "MOVE" doesn't show up all the time.  I recommend using the landscaping tool, raising the ground (where the waypoint is located) so it's all above water.  Lay down a patch of fairway over the waypoint.   Move your cursor away, then back onto the waypoint (and fairway).  Do that a couple of times until you see the "Move" option.  Then just move the waypoint over your green.
Steam Name:
guitardude_324

TGC19 Courses:
Featherwind Golf Club
Roundabout Golf Club
Halton Beach G&CC

AINT_NO_1_BETTA

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2014, 11:06:43 AM »
I'll try lifting the ground at the waypoint and see if it allows me to move/edit the waypoint. Thank you guitardude!

BruceM

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2014, 08:09:40 AM »
I had the same issue with moving items, the move option wouldn't show up. I did find that by zooming in on the thing your trying to move made the move option appear.
 Waypoints are something many designers aren't concentrating on it seems. I played 2 course last night that had waypoints actually set on tee boxes on the next hole, and in the middle of a water hazard.

hexhash

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2017, 02:18:32 PM »
Thank you for your time and suggestion, Hanson.

I've moved over the waypoint (back and forth) many times, but it never allows me to edit it. I'd like to straighten it out because the tee box angles to the right, while my golfer faces the island green. The only work around I can find is to completely relocate the tee box.

I know this post is old but thought I would offer an update. It can be very difficult to "select" the waypoint to move, especially on completely custom holes. Rather than going mad zooming in and out trying to select I suggest the following. Zoom out and move the course designed compass icon somewhere over the hole. Now go back to the main edit menu and select "Edit Holes". Then when the Edit Hole menu options pop-up you will find two options "Move Hole" and just "Move". Select "Move" and you will find you now have control over the waypoint and can move it where you like.
XBL Gamertag= SnackMonkey

Completed Courses
Heartland CC (http://www.hb-studios.com/forum/index.php?topic=16918.0)

tastegw

• GroupMember
  • only on tuesdays
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2017, 07:37:10 PM »
Widen the fairway with the slider, the move cursor into that newly generated fairway, then you can move the waypoints .  Then unwiden said fairway back to original position
i will....

mnguy12000

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2017, 01:11:50 PM »
or just plop a round fairway down, move way point then delete.   many ways to move waypoints. 
My Courses:
GunFlint Trail GC
Macaw G.C.
Cathedral Pines G.C.
Spruce Harbor G.C.
Evelyn Hills Golf Club
RCR - Chom0nix
Valley Meadows
Breaker's Point GC
WIP RCR Columbia Golf Club, Mpls MN

space-cash