XBox 360 Controller + PS4 = The Golf Club 2!

• 106 Replies

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #105 on: December 12, 2014, 02:29:08 PM »
John,

Now if you were not totally transparent on your use of the Titan One to use your Xbox controller on your PS4 no one would have even noticed the difference.

You're right, they wouldn't.  My scoring average on the PS4 with the XB1 controller is -2, while my average on the XB1 is -3, with the same controller... and this is based on a greater than three month database of rounds, which now number greater than 100 on each system.  I'm open about it because I know there are others out there who would prefer to play the game on the PS4, but prefer the XB1 controller for left stick thumb swings, and I wanted to share the word that there is an alternative out there that doesn't diminish the game experience.

I wonder how many other players are using it or something similar (mouse software settings) and are adjusting the x-axis sensitivity?

They're out there... I hear from them in PM's and e-mails asking for help to get started with the CronusMAX, although I strongly advise folks now to go with Titan One, from which the CronusMAX was copied.  The Titan One has current support and is currently in production because it is legitimate. 

I hope you will still find some time to play some live multiplayer rounds with me on the PS4.  ;)

Yeah man... let's get in some rounds this weekend!
Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz
Geforce GTX 1070 8 GB
16 GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #106 on: December 12, 2014, 02:43:21 PM »
Let me add one more comment about the Titan One's auto-disconnect/reconnect feature and how it affects play in The Golf Club.  I had this worst case scenario happen to me this morning with it.  The auto-disconnect/reconnect occure during the latter stages of my downswing and just stopped the swing at that point and displayed the "The controller has been disconnected" message on the screen.  Less than a second later, the controller connected icon came up and the next button press put me a address again.  I didn't loose a stroke.

Was it aggravating?  Yes, it slightly disrupted my round, but 95% of the time, this auto function doesn't come during critical action.  It happens once every 7 minutes and 52 seconds and it's still a whole lot better than having to disconnect and reconnect a USB cable every time the PS4 would disconnect the non-PS4 controller every 8 minutes. 
Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz
Geforce GTX 1070 8 GB
16 GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

space-cash