XBox 360 Controller + PS4 = The Golf Club 2!

• 106 Replies

Quanah

« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2014, 10:27:40 PM »
Fairly certain it's already happening, to a limited extent.  In a way it's BS, but I prefer to just compete vs myself and the random folks that've send me requests through the board. 

The guys are generally in my score range, so playing vs their ghosts is a pretty fulfilling experience.  I'll never shoot Disneyland scores, so I just disregard those -20 types at the top

LOL.... I must be doing something wrong in my cheating ways then... I've only broken par in one round out of 3 1/2 in my attempts to "cheat" the system :o ;D
I wasn't implying that you were cheating, but was speaking in more general terms.  Any game with a competitive multiplayer component has a small % that will game the system as best they can to stoke their egos via leaderboards, that's all.

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2014, 10:39:58 PM »
I wasn't implying that you were cheating, but was speaking in more general terms.  Any game with a competitive multiplayer component has a small % that will game the system as best they can to stoke their egos via leaderboards, that's all.

Sorry Quanah... I know you weren't making that implication, it was the poster before you who suggested that what I was doing was tantamount to cheating.  I guess in this hyper-paranoid world... in many cases with good reason, that's people's first reaction to anything that strays from what they consider to be the *normal* path.  One of the reasons I went the way I went with the *default* XBox 360/XB1, DS4 emulation was that it had been reported by others as having the same performance as the DS4, with the ergonomics more familiar to XBox gamers.   It has lived up to that claim, IMO.  I'm sure based on what you're saying that you see it that way, but I also can't blame folks for being suspicious... until they see my average - at best - scores  ;)
Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz
Geforce GTX 1070 8 GB
16 GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

Nzer

« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2014, 04:41:46 AM »
So people are using a controller other than the DS4 to play this game on the ps4. Anyone caught using this should be banned imo. The thing I love about console play is everyone is using the same gear. But here is someone using third party equipment to better their scores. Not on in imo.

wendy445

« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2014, 05:32:27 AM »
You could say the same for pc! If someone wants to cheat they will find a way whatever, at the end of the day it's like peeps cheating irl.... They only cheat themselves.. I for one play to be the best I can irl "scratch  golfer".  On TGC, I'm trying to better myself and not worry what other peeps are doing

At the end of the day, it's a game so just enjoy it
PSN naywen
Courses created
The suffolk
The Engish rose
THE HEATHLANDS GC
Crow creek gc
Grand Epson ( Thursday to Sunday pins)
TGC @ THE BAVARO
pinelakes country club
Son Gaul

http://www.tgctours.com/

Nzer

« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2014, 05:39:21 AM »
PC is another beast. People are free to use whatever controller they can, as well as hardware etc. But consoles are a different story. Everyone using the same gear and on the same footing. Cheating is cheating. So the whole "it's just a game" argument doesn't work for me.

wendy445

« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2014, 06:04:41 AM »
 every game anyone plays online people cheat, that's life unfortunately.
I totally understand that we want everyone playing on an even level with controllers and hardware but we have to be realistic here and we all know no matter what is done SOME  people will try and cheat in one way or another, 99% of people won't..it's big egos at the end of the day..

Let's just hope HB can find them and delete them from tourneys

Sorry if this sounds harsh, but just my opinion
PSN naywen
Courses created
The suffolk
The Engish rose
THE HEATHLANDS GC
Crow creek gc
TGC @ THE BAVARO
pinelakes country club
Son Gaul

DivotMaker

• GroupMember
  • Steam - DivotMaker
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2014, 07:57:14 AM »
So people are using a controller other than the DS4 to play this game on the ps4. Anyone caught using this should be banned imo. The thing I love about console play is everyone is using the same gear. But here is someone using third party equipment to better their scores. Not on in imo.

Sorry, but when PS4 users fire up any controller other than the DS4, then do you consider them to be cheating? If so, better hang on to your hat when users start buying Hori controllers that are known to have less sensitive sticks, etc. All JCauthen is doing is using another controller that fits his hand better than the DS and it is a stock 360/XBox One controller, not an after market controller. I don't have a problem with what he is doing and do not consider it cheating. I know him alot better than you do and the last thing JC would do is cheat on a Golf game.
PC

Xbox One X

Xbox One Elite Controller

Nzer

« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2014, 08:04:42 AM »
Well good for you if you know him. But he is using a mod that people use to cheat with, and openly flaunting it on here.

inovashn

« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2014, 08:23:42 AM »
niceeee job
looking forward to the write up

DivotMaker

• GroupMember
  • Steam - DivotMaker
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2014, 08:45:27 AM »
Well good for you if you know him. But he is using a mod that people use to cheat with, and openly flaunting it on here.

All this will be a moot point once HBS begins tracking users scores for evidence of cheating and removing scores of those found using cheats and modded controllers that allow for straight shots every time. Hell, if anyone has to cheat at a video game, they need serious help........
PC

Xbox One X

Xbox One Elite Controller

mebby

« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2014, 10:22:32 AM »

All this will be a moot point once HBS begins tracking users scores for evidence of cheating and removing scores of those found using cheats and modded controllers that allow for straight shots every time. Hell, if anyone has to cheat at a video game, they need serious help........
+1!
Steam Name - Turnerm05
Xbox Live - Turnerm05

wendy445

« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2014, 10:28:21 AM »
+2
PSN naywen
Courses created
The suffolk
The Engish rose
THE HEATHLANDS GC
Crow creek gc
TGC @ THE BAVARO
pinelakes country club
Son Gaul

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2014, 10:32:50 AM »

Openly "flaunting" it?  I see what I'm doing here as disclosing it.  I'm admitting that I'm using it and trying to emphasize that I'm doing so to emulate the DS4 to the fullest extent possible.  I can assure you that the sensitivity of the XBox 360 and XB1 controllers are so close to the DS4 using the default plug-in that comes with the CronusMax that it would take a laboratory measurement to define the difference.

If HB Studios has a problem with its use, I'll take whatever lumps are coming my way and play in offline mode only.  If they don't have a problem with it and you still do, just let me know what competitions you're playing in and I'll sit them out.  I don't want anyone to think I'm getting an undue advantage over anyone else.  This whole deal is about ergonomics to me though.

I see that Hori makes a PS4 controller that has offset sticks that look to be the same geometry as the XBox 360 and XB1's.  That would probably satisfy my thumb geometry problem; yet I guarantee you it would have a much more forgiving sensitivity in the Y axis area than the DS4 or the XBox 360/XB1 controllers, and that would be an unfair advantage, IMO.  Would the Hori PS4 controller be on your ban list as well?  I'm just trying to see where you draw the line... 

Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz
Geforce GTX 1070 8 GB
16 GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

Nzer

« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2014, 10:42:44 AM »
It is not about me, you are the one not wanting to use the PS4 controller, get an xbox if you want to use their controller.  Ask HB what they think.  I just think using other controller for console play should not be allowed. 

You are using a third party tool to trick the PS4 into thinking you are using the DS4...for me the line is crossed right there.

mebby

« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2014, 12:01:10 PM »
It is not about me, you are the one not wanting to use the PS4 controller, get an xbox if you want to use their controller.  Ask HB what they think.  I just think using other controller for console play should not be allowed. 

You are using a third party tool to trick the PS4 into thinking you are using the DS4...for me the line is crossed right there.
I disagree.  I think if he were hitting perfectly straight shots every time then I'd agree with you.  But he's not.  If he is and he's still getting the scores he's getting then he may very well be the worst computer golfer ever (no offense JC LOL!) .

And HB has already stated that they are going to sniff out those that ARE hitting the ball perfectly straight every single shot so let's just let them do the policing for now. 

JC has far too much integrity to try and game the system.  He wants to play a true and honest round of golf just like most of us here. 
Steam Name - Turnerm05
Xbox Live - Turnerm05

space-cash