Any mountain-free backgrounds?

• 4 Replies

WindyCityWizard

« on: January 27, 2014, 11:27:03 AM »
By looking at the Images from the game, it looks like the 5 different course types (Fall, Alpine, Plains, Links, Desert) all feature mountains in the background. I took (maybe mistakenly) the non-snowy mountain images to be Plains, but I didn't see any pictures that didn't have mountains somewhere in the background.

Will there be any types of course types that don't have mountains in the background?
If we were to make a course somewhere that clearly doesn't have mountains (the Midwest, Florida...), what setting would we pick?
Also, say a course like Pebble Beach, that's partially oceanfront/partially parkland, how do you make a course of that nature? Pick Links & add a ton of trees?
At this time, can you make courses in tropical beach settings?
Lots of versions due to refurbishments.
Play the ones exactly how they're listed here:
Tulip Point CC-Queen's Course
Tulip Point-Prince Course
Tulip Point-Royal Forest
Tulip Pt.-King's Course
Tulip Pt.-Royal Meadow
*All courses above have B, C, D versions*

Also,
Timber Trails (RCR)

Nightowl

« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2014, 01:55:39 AM »
Good questions.  I'm afraid we may see five course types but not much variation within each "theme." 

Anthony Kyne

• Producer -- @AnthonyKyne
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2014, 09:04:17 AM »
All 5 have mountains in them at the moment. We have plenty of ideas for more backdrops in the future though

GrafUlrich88

• golf-beta
  • Viva Montana!!!
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2014, 12:01:30 AM »
All 5 have mountains in them at the moment. We have plenty of ideas for more backdrops in the future though

Hi Anthony,

I hope after a month or two down the road after release you will add perhaps 2 to 3, then maybe 3 or 4 months after that add more. Us golfers love variety. Thanks for your hard work.

Cheers!!
Rob H aka Graf

morden44

• Suck It Up ButterCup
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2014, 02:05:07 PM »
Anthony, you have some great backdrops not far from you. If you have ever played Chester, the holes that are along the ocean have a terrific backdrop. There are many more along the south shore and the north shore.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 08:48:53 PM by morden44 »

space-cash