90% power using PS4 pad

• 18 Replies

AJShep79

« on: September 08, 2014, 08:36:17 AM »
Hi all,

I have had a search of the forum and can see that a couple of people dotted around have mentioned this sort of issue before i thought i would give my view on what happens to me.

I have been playing the game since its release and still find that during a round i will experience maybe a third of my shots that should be 100% but only register as 90%. I was perfectly willing to accept that this was just poor technique on my part but i have a put a lot of hours into the game and i feel that i do put the same swing into shots that i get 100% on and the ones i get 90%. When it happens off the tee it is normally recoverable with a good second shot but when you have to play shots over water etc and you know a full 100% effort would fly the hazard - there is nothing worse than seeing that indicator show 90% and your ball disappearing at the bottom of a lake.

However i have noticed that on my ill-fated swings the animation does stutter at the top of my downswing so i know im in for a duff shot. This stutter is just so random though as nothing about my swing changes, i go smoothly back and smoothly through. Has anyone else noticed this stutter before a duff shot?

I thought it might be my controller but the batteries are fully charged and it seems to happen on my other controller too.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks in advance.

ReinierK

« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2014, 09:13:33 AM »
You're not alone my friend, I have it happening on 89% power (which would be a remarkable feat if I could do that on purpose), but on the PC.

So far HB has not really taken it too seriously as "only a few" experience this problem, but it certainly is a bug in the game.
We can only hope they take it seriously at some point and investigate, so we can all enjoy that part of the game.

Nothing is more frustrating than having a good round go to waste because you hit the water 3 times in a row because of this bug. Which incidentally makes me wonder if the water (reflections) play a part in this whole ordeal.
Not currently playing.

SweetTeeBag

• GroupMember
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2014, 09:26:11 AM »
Probably about 10-15% of my iron shots I hit between 91-93% even though I feel like I am doing the same thing each time with the full swing trying to hit 100%

Scaniaman

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2014, 09:44:57 AM »
The only time I don't get to 100% is if I don't concentrate on what I'm doing....lol

When you pull back on the 'stick' wait around 1/2 (half) a second on your backswing before commencing your downswing. When pushing the 'stick' forward it needs to be pushed quickly, I don't mean like 100mph but a smooth quick push.

As they say 'Practice makes perfect'

Hope this helps.

Steam Name: Scaniaman
PSN: AFC7071

jmbw182

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2014, 09:50:39 AM »
The only time I don't get to 100% is if I don't concentrate on what I'm doing....lol

When you pull back on the 'stick' wait around 1/2 (half) a second on your backswing before commencing your downswing. When pushing the 'stick' forward it needs to be pushed quickly, I don't mean like 100mph but a smooth quick push.

As they say 'Practice makes perfect'

Hope this helps.

+1

ReinierK

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2014, 10:14:36 AM »
I have to ram the stick forward to get 100%, if I do anything "smooth", it will end up around 60/70%, so it really differs per system I guess...
It would be awesome if they could make it so you actually have to "swing" the stick in a natural motion.
Not currently playing.

Scaniaman

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2014, 10:21:08 AM »
I have to ram the stick forward to get 100%, if I do anything "smooth", it will end up around 60/70%, so it really differs per system I guess...
It would be awesome if they could make it so you actually have to "swing" the stick in a natural motion.

If I ram the stick forward I end up either slicing or hooking badly. When I push the stick forward you can just about hear it click against the casing.

I have heard others say they have to really ram it forward.

ReinierK

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2014, 10:29:02 AM »
Amazingly my accuracy is actually pretty good most of the time, although it depends on what resolution I'm playing at (yeah, that's not a joke).
If I play on my native resolution (1920x1200) I barely ever have a hook or slice, but on setting lower (1920x1080) I do get them more often.

Anyway, yeah I have to really ram the stick forward, that's why I have asked for a sensitivity setting for the controllers, so I can fine tune it to fit my hardware, but HB is against this (although they haven't told me why).
Not currently playing.

AJShep79

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2014, 11:45:32 AM »
Thanks for the responses all. Maybe it is just my poor tekkers so I will keep practising. It's good to hear that I'm not going mad and it is happening to others tho!

PDGOLFER

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2014, 01:13:06 PM »
I built my own practice course and practice a lot.  I find that a smooth tempo with a quick back and forward motion will get me 100% almost every time.  If I do a smooth but slower back and forth I will get 85 to 95%.  This also applies to putting.  It is all in the feel and practice, practice, practice. 

AJShep79

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2014, 01:28:38 PM »
I just played a couple of rounds putting more emphasis on a faster follow through and it worked! All were high 90's if not 100%. Thanks again for the tips.

Now I just need to stop 3 putting.....  :-\

Scaniaman

« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2014, 01:30:30 PM »
I just played a couple of rounds putting more emphasis on a faster follow through and it worked! All were high 90's if not 100%. Thanks again for the tips.

Now I just need to stop 3 putting.....  :-\

Nice one AJ, enjoy it.

BruceM

« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2014, 01:30:55 PM »
Practice is great, but that stutter worries me. I've had the same issues as you describe as well. If I don't hear a click on the downswing from my controller, Its probably not going to be 100%.
 That stutter must be from something and its not just when your online. When HB was having server issues I was having the same problems even offline. I had to stop playing as it was next to impossible to get any consistancy.
 Last night couldn't get again online, wouldn't connect, yet other games I have, Warthunder were working fine.

Bobapett

« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2014, 01:55:34 PM »
Xbox player here.  I too have to really ram the stick forward.  It was getting to the point where I was so consistently hitting 91% - not 90, not 92 - that I started playing to that number.  Out of the blue I would get a 100%, and fly my target.  I then tried using two fingers on the stick, and was getting 100%, but hooking or slicing like crazy.  Yesterday I purchased grip covers for the stick, which really help on the forward swing, and I seem to be back to 100% with just my thumb. 
Only YOU can prevent word crimes.

liquidsnake000

« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2014, 02:29:21 PM »
ive had it too, but not for a while, the putting and the other shots cant feel a bit forced at times.
bring on 2019 tgc.

space-cash