90% power using PS4 pad

• 18 Replies

M1keeboy

« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2014, 06:32:01 AM »
I was having issues, but now get 100% every time. You don't need to worry too much about timing, just ram the stick forward nice and briskly. Once you get used to it, you'll never miss one again.

HB_LorinB

« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2014, 10:05:34 AM »
To be clear here...the issues Reinier is reporting are on the PC, and with a specific 3rd-party controller, and are not related to what is being described here on the PS4.  Also, the Xbox One has different issues that will be addressed in the first patch on that platform.

On all platforms, if you are playing a course that is chugging due to being over-planted, it will effect your ability to swing well (in many ways).  My suggestion is not to play these courses on your machine, whatever that may be.  There are plenty of good courses to be played on all platforms (I am happy to suggest several).  We will be putting in an object limit in the future so all newly created courses can be played on all platforms.

Secondly, over-powering the thumb movement and "ramming" the stick is a mistake many make early on.  The Golf Club is about a well-paced swing.  You do not need to ram the stick forward.  Almost everyone who has reported issues with swing power has overcome them when they have learned the proper swing (like real golf :) ), as is the case with this threads OP.

Reinier's issue, specifically, I believe to be related to his specific third-party controller.

Kingen75

« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2014, 12:05:23 PM »
To be clear here...the issues Reinier is reporting are on the PC, and with a specific 3rd-party controller, and are not related to what is being described here on the PS4.  Also, the Xbox One has different issues that will be addressed in the first patch on that platform.

On all platforms, if you are playing a course that is chugging due to being over-planted, it will effect your ability to swing well (in many ways).  My suggestion is not to play these courses on your machine, whatever that may be.  There are plenty of good courses to be played on all platforms (I am happy to suggest several).  We will be putting in an object limit in the future so all newly created courses can be played on all platforms.

Secondly, over-powering the thumb movement and "ramming" the stick is a mistake many make early on.  The Golf Club is about a well-paced swing.  You do not need to ram the stick forward.  Almost everyone who has reported issues with swing power has overcome them when they have learned the proper swing (like real golf :) ), as is the case with this threads OP.

Reinier's issue, specifically, I believe to be related to his specific third-party controller.

I have noticed this as well. At first I thought that I was doing something different in my swing motion when I landed on 91% power. But then I realized when playing the same course 4 rounds in a row, that this occurred on the same holes every round. It is very annoying when you land in the water on the same hole 4 rounds in a row, just because you cant get the power up to 100%... Now I can't remember which course this was, but it was one of the "HB certified".

If you can recommend, as you state, some courses where this will not happen, it would be much appreciated!
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 12:19:02 PM by Kingen75 »

od1243

« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2014, 01:43:18 PM »
New Pilot Mountain Valley is now open.  Give it a try. I'll add you so I can play your ghost.

space-cash