Yards in Meters

• 20 Replies

Scaniaman

« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2014, 06:10:33 AM »
Most countries in the world officially use the metric system: http://www.zmescience.com/other/map-of-countries-officially-not-using-the-metric-system/

Why the British still use yards in golf is - because they like to be different. No Euros but still the British pounds and they drive on the left.  ;)

The rest of the european countries use the metric system in golf.
Its got nothing to do with being different, we have always done this.

Just one question for you, if your friends stuck their heads in the fire, would you?

Steam Name: Scaniaman
PSN: AFC7071

simu75

« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2014, 09:21:46 AM »

Just one question for you, if your friends stuck their heads in the fire, would you?

That's what my grandma always said. "We've always done it this way." Great!  ::)

Scaniaman

« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2014, 10:40:00 AM »

That's what my grandma always said. "We've always done it this way." Great!  ::)
If it ain't broke don't fix it. Simples.

PS: You still haven't answered my question.

Steam Name: Scaniaman
PSN: AFC7071

simu75

« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2014, 11:35:12 AM »

If it ain't broke don't fix it. Simples.

PS: You still haven't answered my question.
Well, for many non-imperial-system-users it's "broken". Period.

If you're grown up with that it's more than ok for sure. You can always go the hard way if you like.

Here's a question for you: Do you still use a typewriter and a phone with cable?

HB_LorinB

« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2014, 11:59:54 AM »
Please keep this civil.  There is no intent here to slight anyone...and this will not become a "which is better" discussion.  As I have previously stated, it is something we are willing to do, it is just not high on the list at this moment.

sirandrew214

« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2014, 12:08:06 PM »
This is not something we are opposed to, it is just a lower-priority item as the majority of the world plays in yards.  Not saying we won't do it....just could be a while. 

This is my ignorance, but...is it just the Aussies that play golf in meters?  Do other countries (I am genuinely curious).

Norway, Denmark, Sweden, Finland, and a lot of other European countries use Meters.
I would welcome the possibility to change the setting, but as you say, there are other more important things that need to be put right first.

space-cash