PS4 Created Course Thread

• 602 Replies

Scarpacci

• GroupMember
« on: September 09, 2014, 09:51:26 PM »
I'm finding next to impossible to get any action on my courses. When I do it's usually somebody playing on a different platform so I cant see their score, play their ghost ball or see the rating. It's also hard to find some courses created on a different platform if there are multiple courses with the same name, which I'n finding surprisingly common, because you cant see their user name.

I thought it would be a good idea to have a PS4 users only thread so we can share our created courses.  You don't necessarily need to post feedback or anything like that.  Just play the courses so the creator can see how other score and play their courses.  We put a lot of time and effort in to making these courses so it would be rewarding to be able to see that they are being played and helpful in creating new courses.

« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 07:44:31 PM by Scarpacci »

bob5453

« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2014, 10:49:09 PM »
I know what you mean.... Cross platform course play should include cross platform stats at least for the publisher.
My TGC 2019 courses
Enchanted Mountain 2019
Roy Rogers Happy Trails 2019
Gilligan's Island Par 3 2019
The Big Valley 2019

*** Courses all have crowds added ***

Quanah

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2014, 08:26:19 AM »
What's the course?  I'd love for some feedback on mine, New Rockbridge GC -Pelham Course.

There's one oops that I won't mention with a single green, but I find it to be enjoyable, I'm rather proud of the back 9, as i became more and more comfortable with the designer as I went.  I'll gladly do an exchange with anyone

PSN : BraveRifles3ACR

Antiparosjez

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2014, 09:32:07 AM »
I'll give new rock bridge a go in a minute. My first effort is Salmasis Coast Links. I've released a Thursday set up and will release Friday and weekend set ups soon.
The Pier Sandyhurst Lakes North Kernow, Chart Lakes, West Foreland Elysium Park, White Mountain, Easter Bay, White Rocks,Stour Manor, Samphire Golf Links, The Estate, Romney Harbour, Kingston Park, Gull Rock, City Park, Mullion Cliffs, Wealden Forest, Brookland Marshes

Quanah

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2014, 11:07:53 AM »
I'll give new rock bridge a go in a minute. My first effort is Salmasis Coast Links. I've released a Thursday set up and will release Friday and weekend set ups soon.
I really enjoyed the course, and favorited.  I think I got too cute with the greens on my design, after playing several others, should I create another I'll take a more straightforward  approach with them.

Antiparosjez

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2014, 11:44:36 AM »
Yeah, enjoyed your course. Think number 7 green needs a rethink and man did I suffer out there! Every decent drive seemed to find trouble and I don't get happy when I don't get rewarded for a good shot. My score in the end was terrible, worse than in real life.
Glad you enjoyed mine, well played! Will be releasing Friday and weekend set ups soon that will be harder probably (dried out a little in the wind).
The Pier Sandyhurst Lakes North Kernow, Chart Lakes, West Foreland Elysium Park, White Mountain, Easter Bay, White Rocks,Stour Manor, Samphire Golf Links, The Estate, Romney Harbour, Kingston Park, Gull Rock, City Park, Mullion Cliffs, Wealden Forest, Brookland Marshes

JR-UK

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2014, 11:52:57 AM »
Hi all i have done a few basic courses still gettin to grips with the designer but feel free to check the few ive done...
1=glen oaks links
2=sherwood lakes(fixed version)
3=spikes pnp
Iam still at the basic stages of course designs hopein to get better in time..

Scarpacci

• GroupMember
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2014, 02:07:13 PM »
Cool.  I'll play all the course listed on the thread.  New Scrapacci CC is a pretty good test of golf.  New Scrapacci Cliffs should be an easier play as long as you don't hit it off the cliff.  I re-designing Royal Scarpacci and should have a new version up in the next week or so.

DevilzOppressor

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2014, 03:47:38 PM »
They should add some additional categories when trying to find created courses to play.   Something to separate the unrealistic and realistic courses.  I've played a few that were pretty good until I come to a hole with a pedestal tee box 250 ft in the air...  I'm assuming you have to be a rock climber if you were to play this course.  Just a thought!! 

I've only published 1 course check it out it's called:  "Devilz Creek Golf Club" 

bilbosmeggins

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2014, 04:19:45 PM »
I'd like to be able to sort according to the system courses were created on.  That way you know that you should get decent frame rates, and that you won't have to suffer playing a course that has suffered the corruption many courses seem to pick up during the cross-platform process.

Quanah

« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2014, 04:36:56 PM »
They should add some additional categories when trying to find created courses to play.   Something to separate the unrealistic and realistic courses.  I've played a few that were pretty good until I come to a hole with a pedestal tee box 250 ft in the air...  I'm assuming you have to be a rock climber if you were to play this course.  Just a thought!! 

I've only published 1 course check it out it's called:  "Devilz Creek Golf Club"
Nice course, I enjoyed the round. Shot +1 with several misses inside 10', which is the usual for me.

The wind seemed to be playing the opposite direction for me as it was for your round, which made things interesting. Favorited and will play again.

Anquila1978

« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2014, 05:28:39 PM »
Fired on my first effort

Anquila Golf Estate: Cardrona

Feedback welcome
Other Courses

Turnberry Kintyre Course
Gladstonevale G.C
Belgrave Black at Balmeadie

DevilzOppressor

« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2014, 05:41:14 PM »
"Nice course, I enjoyed the round. Shot +1 with several misses inside 10', which is the usual for me.
The wind seemed to be playing the opposite direction for me as it was for your round, which made things interesting. Favorited and will play again." -- Quanah

Thanks I'll check your courses out tonight... 

Scarpacci

• GroupMember
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2014, 07:22:24 PM »
I'd like to be able to sort according to the system courses were created on.  That way you know that you should get decent frame rates, and that you won't have to suffer playing a course that has suffered the corruption many courses seem to pick up during the cross-platform process.

That would be nice.  For the time being I just go by the icon next to the course name.  If there is a custom avatar I know if's PS4, if it's just the TGC logo it's been crated on PC or XB1

Scarpacci

• GroupMember
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2014, 01:49:45 AM »
What's the course?  I'd love for some feedback on mine, New Rockbridge GC -Pelham Course.

There's one oops that I won't mention with a single green, but I find it to be enjoyable, I'm rather proud of the back 9, as i became more and more comfortable with the designer as I went.  I'll gladly do an exchange with anyone

PSN : BraveRifles3ACR

Just played.  I found it difficult to hit fairways and the thick rough is unforgiving. I would suggest widening the light rough and offering better lay up options on the par 5's.  Somehow managed to break 80.

space-cash