A League?

• 4 Replies

Dusty_Van

« on: September 10, 2014, 08:51:52 PM »
How about a league for less proficient players? I mean I'd love to play in weekly (or whatever) tournaments. To be honest I'm embarrassed to play  in any of the many tournaments going on. I'm at about a 17 handicap on easy courses. So I shoot an average of like 85 or so (on EASY courses) I don't want to even discuss hard & hardest courses. On a lot of those I'm really happy if I shoot 100! Get into one of those tournaments where folks are shooting -12 PER ROUND consistently, I'm not even going to try. What do you think?

Anyone else out here interested? Somebody want to step up and coordinate something like that? I'm sure there's a lot of us "less proficient players" around. If not, I'm the worst player ever. Sure hope I'm not anyway.
Dusty
« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 08:54:03 PM by Dusty_Van »
The Age of Brass is ending, we are entering the Age of Irony.

clubcaptain

« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2014, 09:24:01 PM »
I organised the Strugglers Tournament just for this very reason. Only 4 other players turned up.  :'(
Intel core I73770k 3.5 GHZ
16 Gb Corsair vengeance DDR3 1600MHZ/PC12800
Asus mobo PB8277-V Lx
Nvidea GeForce GTX670 2GB
X box 360 wired controller
Windoes 7 home premium 64 bit

Courses :
Aphrodite Golf and Sailing Resort
Taiga Forest-Kaunis Course
Adelaide Hills West Golf Course
Strathmally GC

Drgnslyr221

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2014, 09:35:31 PM »
 The problem with tours and tournaments like these is that where is the cutoff for what is considered less proficient or whatever term you would like to use. The best solution is a handicap based tour. Though any player on the APCD tour knows that is not perfect either.

Dusty_Van

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2014, 10:21:34 PM »
Only 4 players? Hey that means I might actually place in the top 5!

I know the idea is not perfect, I hear there's a handicap system coming here some day. I guess if some sharp-shooter wants to win that bad the he/she has to play in the minors so be it. I'm just suggesting some light hearted competition for us "minor leaguers"
The Age of Brass is ending, we are entering the Age of Irony.

clubcaptain

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2014, 04:31:01 PM »
The problem with tours and tournaments like these is that where is the cutoff for what is considered less proficient or whatever term you would like to use.

True - and i just asked for the honesty thing and tried to get the sharpshooters to stay away. Really I wanted over par players as the mainstay but it didn't happen.
Intel core I73770k 3.5 GHZ
16 Gb Corsair vengeance DDR3 1600MHZ/PC12800
Asus mobo PB8277-V Lx
Nvidea GeForce GTX670 2GB
X box 360 wired controller
Windoes 7 home premium 64 bit

Courses :
Aphrodite Golf and Sailing Resort
Taiga Forest-Kaunis Course
Adelaide Hills West Golf Course
Strathmally GC

space-cash