I want to create on my iPad :)

• 3 Replies

Mordeus

• golf-beta
« on: January 29, 2014, 09:20:52 AM »
You've mentioned that the courses are saved as a DNA pattern (and that the game is built in Unity), so its easy to open and play them on different consoles. Now this should mean that they could also be opened inside a tablet app :D
Im not talking about the entire course editor in my pocket, but a scaled down version that perhaps could allow me to fiddle with my courses wherever I am. Do some layout changes etc. And then when I get home, say from work. I get to try out all the stuff I did, and see if it panned out as hoped :)

Yeah, its a big undertaking, but man it would be cool!

Cheers!

Huckleberry

• golf-beta
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2014, 09:29:21 AM »
Hmmmm.....very intriguing.......
"I think an eagle would've tasted sweeter...I haven't tasted eagle...but, I'm just sayin'."

Anthony Kyne

• Producer -- @AnthonyKyne
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2014, 11:55:04 AM »
It's definitely something we want to do down the line. As someone who used to sit on a train for 2hrs a day commuting to work, a companion app like this would have been great. The problem at the moment is that tablet devices don't currently support the technology we're using. This means a period of time for porting the underlying codebase for these devices. This will be something that as a team we'll discuss after release

MERACE

• golf-beta
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2014, 02:49:38 PM »
I would love to be able to play TGC on my iPad Air in the future! However, for now I plan on doing my main course creation work on my PC and editing it on my iPad.  Here's how:

I have a remote desktop program on my PC and my iPad called LogMeIn.  They had a free version of it until recently but I had purchased the paid version at $59.99 per year.

I suppose you could even play the game on the iPad but possible latency issues might make the experience less than desirable.  ???

-MERACE
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 02:54:35 PM by MERACE »

space-cash