What's the point???

• 21 Replies

eMLBCommish

« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2014, 12:34:43 PM »
Why not consider joining one of the communities that's built around making a more competitive environment? I won't speak for all, but the community I am a part of has additional material beyond the game that enhances the experience. Again, it's all preference, but I play the game to compete against my fellow peers and see who's the best one that week on the Tour.

LB (aka eMLBCommish)
Commissioner - LGGT (PS4)
Tour Member - LGGT (XB1)
LGGT  - Commissioner
TGCT - PGA Tour Card Member

pedarby

« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2014, 06:28:34 AM »
I second that. Some fantastic tours have been set up with leaderboards and running stats, which makes it really exciting to play every round!! The pressure is intense when stood over a 6 footer for par  ;D

TriDawg

« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2014, 04:04:19 PM »
Yes - I would like to chime in here too.  We have many players who have many different things they look for from our game.  Some prefer a very easy outing, others prefer it to play very hard, and with no aids.  Some people only want to play mutiplayer and others prefer to play alone.  Then there are those who will spend almost all of their time in the Course Designer.  People want different things when playing The Golf Club....and that is ok.  The desire for some sort of progression makes perfect sense and is not uncommon.

To that end, you should know that we absolutely already recognize that one of the opportunities we have to expand (and, for some, improve) The Golf Club is by creating more of a sense of progress (not attributes) in the game.  I can't talk about it yet, but we are already working on something that is aimed at exactly that.  Hopefully that will be enough for you right now but please know that, beyond the fact that we are already working on something...we are also always listening to the feedback.

This is what I'm loving most about this game.  Haven't even purchased it yet, and am seeing SUPERB support/acknowledgement from the games Devs/Moderators.  Just the level of responsiveness I'm seeing will make me purchase this game and future content.

Hoping to have the funds this coming week...until then, I just keep reading about all the goodies!  ;D

Stokie

« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2014, 08:31:19 AM »
we are also always listening to the feedback

really pleased about that, this game as tremendous potential and if i can say it here i haven't played TW14 for some while now so need i say more
keep up the good work HB

BestwoodRoadie

• Notts County Golf Society
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2014, 02:00:51 AM »
Yes - I would like to chime in here too.  We have many players who have many different things they look for from our game.  Some prefer a very easy outing, others prefer it to play very hard, and with no aids.  Some people only want to play mutiplayer and others prefer to play alone.  Then there are those who will spend almost all of their time in the Course Designer.  People want different things when playing The Golf Club....and that is ok.  The desire for some sort of progression makes perfect sense and is not uncommon.

To that end, you should know that we absolutely already recognize that one of the opportunities we have to expand (and, for some, improve) The Golf Club is by creating more of a sense of progress (not attributes) in the game.  I can't talk about it yet, but we are already working on something that is aimed at exactly that.  Hopefully that will be enough for you right now but please know that, beyond the fact that we are already working on something...we are also always listening to the feedback.

Hello my friend, I would just like to put a slant on things with the Tournaments & play as they are at the moment.

I have been playing TGC since it was released and i was annoyed with it for a few days because the gameplay was too hard, well i thought that, but of late i have got the feel of it and am now playing better, a lot better (BestwoodRoadie), however i played a tournament yesterday and the scores were incredible, pars not much good, birdies & eagles were the order of the day on every hole, the winning score after 4 rounds were i think 67 under.

As i have said before i find this scoring not right, not because i will never get to 67 under but it seems that it is not right to be making those totals, I think it will work out that the same people will be winning and 67 under will be the norm, so that would exclude most people from the tournaments because after a while they would get fed up just making up the numbers. It is no good just adding a lot more wind on the courses as that is not enjoyable either, so i just don't know what the solution could be?, you have spoke of a handicapping system, maybe that could help.

Are the XB1 & PS4 players being disadvantaged by not having this ruler thing like the PC players have?,is this the reason for these scores? i just don't know as i just play on XB1.

I thought TGC was going to be as true to the real game as possible, if the Open / US Open etc was turning out scores of 20+ under EVERY DAY over 4 rounds it would lose credibility.

Having said all that i am enjoying it and i think it is value for my money, i am just a little weary of these scores on the Tournaments, not that i like being beaten, i just don't like being beaten-up every round.

Dinger16

« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2014, 05:51:54 AM »
Why does everyone compare the scores on this game to real life??  It's a VIDEO GAME. I am a 5 handicap golfer and you can't compare scores on here to real life.  A golfer can't go out and say oh I'm going to hit this shot 70% perfectly or whatever every time. You say you wanted it to be hard but if you played every round and shot 10+ over you wouldn't play. You have to realize they are doing everything they can to make this game fun and it's a great game.  I average around 10-12 under most of my rounds and I know I can't go out and play golf to that level. I have said it once and I will say it again, it's a video game. If you don't like the "low" scores everyone is shooting then just get better to match their scores.

rustymike12

« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2014, 08:01:56 AM »
I don't need awards or achievements to make the game enjoyable, I play to have fun and improve my playing.
I played the same course for days until I could beat my son-in-laws score and that was great incentive and enough reward for me when I beat his score by 4 strokes, (ball in his court now  :)).
The point is, there is plenty of fun to be had if you want there to be.
That is all.  :D

Windows  Home Premium
SP1
64 bit O/S

Intel i5-2500k @ 3.30GHz Quad
16.0GB RAM

MSI Radeon R9 290
4GB GDDR5

OnBoard Intel HD Graphics 3000

3x ACER 27" LED
1 Dell S2409 24"
1 10" Generic LCD