Can we Produce/Replicate real golf courses?

• 29 Replies

ollybobbles

« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2014, 11:17:06 AM »
As an example, I wonder if it will be possible at some point to create our own themes or at least backdrops. I was thinking of say playing the 1st & 18th hole at St Andrews Old Course and as many golf fans will know the fairway has, on one side, a row of buildings which culminate in the iconic clubhouse and red brick student building behind the 18th green. My question is, would this backdrop be able to be replicated, as the surroundings to a course create the feeling of actually being immersed in the golf course itself.

I look forward to your response.

Regards

GrafUlrich88

• golf-beta
  • Viva Montana!!!
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2014, 11:32:21 AM »
You can build what you like, we recreated our local course here in Lunenburg

Hey Anthony,

Any chance you could offer this course for us to download and play. Also I would like to request that you have a area that list courses that you guys in your studio created, besides the one's your already creating for us to have as basic courses. It would be fun to see all the courses you guys come up with as you tinker with course creator. Maybe some theme courses like Christmas, New Years, 4th of July, Canada Day, etc...

Cheers!!!
Rob H aka Graf

Huckleberry

• golf-beta
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2014, 02:33:14 PM »

Hey Anthony,

Any chance you could offer this course for us to download and play. Also I would like to request that you have a area that list courses that you guys in your studio created, besides the one's your already creating for us to have as basic courses. It would be fun to see all the courses you guys come up with as you tinker with course creator. Maybe some theme courses like Christmas, New Years, 4th of July, Canada Day, etc...

Cheers!!!

I have really been enjoying seasonal/holiday themed DLC in the last couple of years like Undead Nightmare, Nightmare in Northpoint, Killing Floor Twited Christmas, etc.  I would love to see HB put out a holiday course around Xmas, Halloween, etc....or at least release some holiday assets for the community to use (Xmas lights, pumpkins, etc...).  That would be great!
"I think an eagle would've tasted sweeter...I haven't tasted eagle...but, I'm just sayin'."

GrafUlrich88

• golf-beta
  • Viva Montana!!!
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2014, 10:19:28 PM »

Hey Anthony,

Cheers!!!

I have really been enjoying seasonal/holiday themed DLC in the last couple of years like Undead Nightmare, Nightmare in Northpoint, Killing Floor Twited Christmas, etc.  I would love to see HB put out a holiday course around Xmas, Halloween, etc....or at least release some holiday assets for the community to use (Xmas lights, pumpkins, etc...).  That would be great!

Hey Huckleberry,

I love the idea of Christmas lights and Pumpkins. How about Candy Cane trees, Snow Men, Reindeers, Maybe add little holiday jingles or sound effects based on the holiday.

Cheers!!!
Rob H aka Graf

Anthony Kyne

• Producer -- @AnthonyKyne
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2014, 09:28:47 AM »

Hey Anthony,

Cheers!!!

Not sure, we might run into licencing issues if we develop it.
We have a good relationship with the course though. So we'll see

GrafUlrich88

• golf-beta
  • Viva Montana!!!
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2014, 12:59:42 AM »

Hey Anthony,

Cheers!!!

Not sure, we might run into licencing issues if we develop it.
We have a good relationship with the course though. So we'll see

Hey Anthony,

Here is another great idea for you to consider. How about you guys create a 18 hole golf course that each team makes a hole or two. Each team can add their own personality to the hole or holes. I would recommend keeping it as a overall par 72 since that is standard. I hope you will consider this idea.

Cheers!!!
Rob H aka Graf

Anthony Kyne

« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2014, 08:49:38 AM »
The plan is to make quite a few each.
I've got 5 in progress at the moment, including a super easy 18 hole course for beginners

Coda1850

« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2014, 10:19:37 AM »
I've got 5 in progress at the moment, including a super easy 18 hole course for beginners

Don't forget to make that (non-fantasy) difficult beast of a course as well...
Golf Golf Golf
Hole in 1 count: 3

JOE golfer G

• 4 Handicap Golfer
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2014, 10:54:14 AM »

How long did this take you?

Anthony Kyne

« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2014, 11:11:44 AM »
We created it roughly in an hour, but then spent a couple of days fine tuning it.
The more time you spend on the course, the more you'll be rewarded.

JOE golfer G

• 4 Handicap Golfer
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2014, 11:35:44 AM »
Nice i cant wait to see the first accurate Augusta National Golf Club.

Jimgem

• GroupMember
« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2014, 09:05:41 PM »
i wonder if we can replicate this hole lol.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOWR7O1oSgU
Lian Li 011 Dynamic Case
i9 9900k 4.5Ghz
MSI GTX 1080ti
H150i Pro RGB(AIO)
Aorus Master Z390 m-board
16Gb Corsair Pro Vengeance RGB Ram
Corsair Scimitar Mouse
Xbox 360 Controller
Corsair K70 Lux RGB keyboard
Youtube TGC 2019 playlist- https://goo.gl/P2Xdxc

HB_JordanA

• Administrator
  • Designer
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2014, 09:40:08 AM »

I had to try... I came pretty close, but hit the height ceiling trying to go 1400ft in the air!  ;D

Huckleberry

• golf-beta
« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2014, 12:01:28 PM »

I had to try... I came pretty close, but hit the height ceiling trying to go 1400ft in the air!  ;D

Awesome!
"I think an eagle would've tasted sweeter...I haven't tasted eagle...but, I'm just sayin'."

GrafUlrich88

• golf-beta
  • Viva Montana!!!
« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2014, 01:30:09 PM »

Hey Anthony,

I look forward to trying your courses and that of your staff. I appreciate the hard work.

Cheers!!!
Rob H aka Graf

space-cash