TGC Tours (www.tgctours.com)

• 783 Replies

smallz0307

• GroupMember
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2014, 02:53:17 PM »
For those of you signing up, your account will not be active until you click on the activation link that is sent back to your email.  I noticed some of you are still not approved. 

Baddar

« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2014, 02:53:58 PM »
I am rubbish, but signed up. This sounds awesome.
PSN: Badd-um-tsch

Doyley

• GroupMember
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2014, 02:54:58 PM »
My first question - will the different platforms be separated into their own leaderboards: PC, PS4, XB1?

If not, I fear the PC players will always have a distinct advantage since they have access to an array of desensitized gamepads.

That is not our plan.  Our hope is that by the time we start Q-School, HB will have had enough time to make adjustments in that area.  If not, those that take issue with what you posted can choose to play in our open tours (for fun) or take a pass on TGC Tours.

Biggins

• GroupMember
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2014, 02:55:52 PM »
An absolutely fantastic initiative.  Can't praise the team enough for this.  This has given me back my buzz to create courses in the hope they'll be picked as courses for this tour(s).
Courses published to date:

The Hathaway Par 3 Course, Stratford-Upon-Avon Hotel & Resort
The Shakespeare, Stratford-Upon-Avon Hotel & Resort
Loch Lorne Golf Club
Isla Madeleine Resort
Vale Do Morgado
Ascona National
Hitchens Valley Hotel and Golf Club
Nazca Valley Golf Club
Sevenlakes On The Vale

smallz0307

• GroupMember
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2014, 03:00:03 PM »
An absolutely fantastic initiative.  Can't praise the team enough for this.  This has given me back my buzz to create courses in the hope they'll be picked as courses for this tour(s).

Exactly what we wanted Biggins... Be sure to read the Submission Guidelines to have even a better chance at a PGA Tournament or Major!

NevadaBallin

« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2014, 03:02:05 PM »
My first question - will the different platforms be separated into their own leaderboards: PC, PS4, XB1?

If not, I fear the PC players will always have a distinct advantage since they have access to an array of desensitized gamepads.

That is not our plan.  Our hope is that by the time we start Q-School, HB will have had enough time to make adjustments in that area.  If not, those that take issue with what you posted can choose to play in our open tours (for fun) or take a pass on TGC Tours.

With all due respect (and you know I respect you and your efforts bud), it will feel like an exercise in futility for me to go into a competitive environment where I cannot compete because of the user device advantages on the PC side. I hope the studio can address this though, if so I'll be there :)

I'll pass on sign up for now until we see what HB does. But good job on putting this together, I know it was a lot of work.
Twitch Channel>  http://www.twitch.tv/YoNevadaBallin

Come by and say hello

***TGC 2019 Courses***
- Montreux Barracuda (RCR Montreux, Reno, NV)
- St Alphonso GC FXD
- Idlewild South Memorial GC
- Bacarra Golf Club

Doyley

• GroupMember
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2014, 03:15:08 PM »
Added a TGC Tours Member signature if you're interested.  (at the bottom of original post)

and here:

Paste this into profile
[u*rl=http://www.tgctours.com][im*g]http://tgctours.com/content/img/sigs/signature-members.png[/img][/ur*l]  (remove the 3 *'s)

« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 03:17:54 PM by Doyley »

smallz0307

• GroupMember
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2014, 03:15:48 PM »

With all due respect (and you know I respect you and your efforts bud), it will feel like an exercise in futility for me to go into a competitive environment where I cannot compete because of the user device advantages on the PC side. I hope the studio can address this though, if so I'll be there :)

I'll pass on sign up for now until we see what HB does. But good job on putting this together, I know it was a lot of work.

Why not just plan on planning on the casual tour (Champions) or (European)... Also, we will take a close look at anyone shooting in the 50's every round especially on hard courses.  I would hate for you to not join one of the tours because of the PC controller issue.  HB said they would weed out those players, and I'm sure they will. 

tastegw

« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2014, 03:29:14 PM »
signed up and submitted a couple courses as well, will be submitting a few more.

Can't want to get started with the play.

NevadaBallin

« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2014, 03:37:58 PM »

Why not just plan on planning on the casual tour (Champions) or (European)... Also, we will take a close look at anyone shooting in the 50's every round especially on hard courses.  I would hate for you to not join one of the tours because of the PC controller issue.  HB said they would weed out those players, and I'm sure they will.

It just seems counter-intuitive to me to join a competition where some have a competitive edge. Like I said before, an exerrcise in futility to play my tail off in an event only to see that effort 20 shots behind a PC player. I can just play courses standalone for casual play.

Is there a reason why the platforms cannot have their own leaderboards?

Come by and say hello

***TGC 2019 Courses***
- St Alphonso GC FXD
- Bacarra Golf Club

Rtomboli

• gamertag: WALKyourTALK
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2014, 03:47:04 PM »

It just seems counter-intuitive to me to join a competition where some have a competitive edge. Like I said before, an exerrcise in futility to play my tail off in an event only to see that effort 20 shots behind a PC player. I can just play courses standalone for casual play.

Is there a reason why the platforms cannot have their own leaderboards?
Ive asked this same thing and was laughed at - as well as why plays/ratings cant be seen on all platforms.
The Orchard at Haley's Estate
Eighteen at Prestige Valley - 4.75 on TGCT. Fav.
Blue Willow Club & Lodge- 5.0 on TGCT - Most played.
Eighteen at Majestic Pines-5.0 on TGCT - The best rated.
Cypress Pointe Golf Club -4.75 on TGCT- A challenge.
Royal Acres Country Club 4.0 on TGCT
Links at the Bay-4.0

Jimgem

• GroupMember
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2014, 03:50:47 PM »

I kind of agree with what nevada is saying but also i like the fact that you guys are trying to get the whole community in on this, across all three platforms.Hopefuly you guys will take a hard line on some of the p.c players and no doubt you will start getting moddified controllers or 3rd party controllers on the consoles soon enough aswel.So hopefuly if HB does not start weeding them out you guys have some sort of commitee to look at rounds and determine the true players from the not so true players.As something this big and well organized it would be a shame to see it tainted with the kind of players no one wants in the game..
i7 4790k 4.40Ghz
MSI GTX 1080ti
H100i (AIO)
MSI GD65 gaming m-board
16Gb Corsair Vengeance Ram
Corsair Scimitar Mouse
Xbox 360 Controller
Corsair K70 Lux RGB keyboard
Youtube TGC 2019 playlist- https://goo.gl/P2Xdxc

smallz0307

• GroupMember
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2014, 03:52:41 PM »

I kind of agree with what nevada is saying but also i like the fact that you guys are trying to get the whole community in on this, across all three platforms.Hopefuly you guys will take a hard line on some of the p.c players and no doubt you will start getting moddified controllers or 3rd party controllers on the consoles soon enough aswel.So hopefuly if HB does not start weeding them out you guys have some sort of commitee to look at rounds and determine the true players from the not so true players.As something this big and well organized it would be a shame to see it tainted with the kind of players no one wants in the game..

Yes, we will have tons of data to go on as well... and we will be keeping a close eye on it. 

NevadaBallin

« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2014, 04:02:43 PM »

It will be a lot easier for the studio to monitor modded/3rd party controllers on the consoles since it is either one (actual MS/Sony controller ID) or the other (3rd party). On the PC, there's just so many different devices, it's a much longer process. We won't even go into people using straight edges to take the manual dexterity out of the picture.

Come by and say hello

***TGC 2019 Courses***
- St Alphonso GC FXD
- Bacarra Golf Club

BentFiveWood

« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2014, 04:21:55 PM »
wow

once I shook off the flabbergastrointestinal effect of this announcement, I signed up immediately.
Course(s) Created:
Manicouagan Crater
Pointe du Hoc Cliffs V2
Ojibway Bay GC

space-cash