Looking for some tips on levelling sand in bunkers.

• 4 Replies

Archie-tect

« on: September 19, 2014, 08:21:58 PM »
If anyone could offer up some advice on getting sand to a consistent level in bunkers it would be much appreciated.
I'm designing a links course with a wide variety of bunkers but I am struggling to get the flatten tool to work in them.
On other terrain I flatten at 0.00 and can achieve good levelling with an overlap method.
If I try this on bunkers they are getting deeper....what am I doing wrong?

tastegw

« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2014, 09:47:06 PM »
after each click, move it over to the next slot you want to lower, and just make sure its even with that before clicking again.

its not hard once you get the hang of it.

Archie-tect

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2014, 03:55:48 AM »
after each click, move it over to the next slot you want to lower, and just make sure its even with that before clicking again.

its not hard once you get the hang of it.

Thanks taste,

The technique you describe is how I flatten terrain but for whatever reason I can't get it to work in the bunkers.
I'll get back to it & give another go..... :)

Guggy

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2014, 05:23:38 PM »
I'm having a similar problem trying to create a relatively flat beach area for my links course.  When I try to flatten an area of sand, it becomes a tidal pool.

Rtomboli

• gamertag: WALKyourTALK
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2014, 11:27:29 AM »
With any type of bunker I've found it useful to lower/adjust the land how you want it (guesstimate) before you lay the bunker down. Takes a bit of practice to get the "feel" but makes them look much more realistic at least.

I only do this for about 10-15% of my bunkers, but it can be done everytime if needed.
The Orchard at Haley's Estate
Eighteen at Prestige Valley - 4.75 on TGCT. Fav.
Blue Willow Club & Lodge- 5.0 on TGCT - Most played.
Eighteen at Majestic Pines-5.0 on TGCT - The best rated.
Cypress Pointe Golf Club -4.75 on TGCT- A challenge.
Royal Acres Country Club 4.0 on TGCT
Links at the Bay-4.0

space-cash