Return to tournament and wind has changed.

• 11 Replies

clubcaptain

« on: September 19, 2014, 10:15:04 PM »
Exited a tournament early afternoon after hole 6 when the wind had been 6mph from the start of the round. Rejoined the round at hole 7 in the evening and the wind was 2mph.

I would have thought that was not correct.

Now I know that HB's current version of the wind depends on time of day but in a tournament I would have thought that the system would freeze everything at the point of exit and any return to play would be with the same conditions.
Intel core I73770k 3.5 GHZ
16 Gb Corsair vengeance DDR3 1600MHZ/PC12800
Asus mobo PB8277-V Lx
Nvidea GeForce GTX670 2GB
X box 360 wired controller
Windoes 7 home premium 64 bit

Courses :
Aphrodite Golf and Sailing Resort
Taiga Forest-Kaunis Course
Adelaide Hills West Golf Course
Strathmally GC

coruler2

• GroupMember
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2014, 01:40:28 AM »
Nope, the wind is dynamic and adjusting all the time.  But it is the same across all platforms at the same time. 
TGC 2019 Courses:
Negev Valley (TGC2 Port of Israeli National)
The Invaders Golf Site (TGC2019 Original)
Sun Devil Ridge (TGC2 Course remastered)
Connemara Bay Golf Club (TGC2019 Original)

Steam and XB1 name:  coruler2

HitItLong

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2014, 03:42:21 AM »
Nope, the wind is dynamic and adjusting all the time.  But it is the same across all platforms at the same time.

+1
FirstBlitzer Au on Xbox One

clubcaptain

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2014, 07:25:57 AM »

Somehow I don't think this is what was meant to be.

Ok you play a complete round at 10 am with 10 mph winds. You come back at 3pm and get 2 mph winds for another complete round. But if you're returning to a "saved" round the system should be able to remember the wind conditions that applied at the time and return you to those conditions on resumption of the round.

In the round i played I obviously had an advantage for the majority of the holes played.
Intel core I73770k 3.5 GHZ
16 Gb Corsair vengeance DDR3 1600MHZ/PC12800
Asus mobo PB8277-V Lx
Nvidea GeForce GTX670 2GB
X box 360 wired controller
Windoes 7 home premium 64 bit

Courses :
Aphrodite Golf and Sailing Resort
Taiga Forest-Kaunis Course
Adelaide Hills West Golf Course
Strathmally GC

HitItLong

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2014, 07:23:01 PM »

Ok you play a complete round at 10 am with 10 mph winds. You come back at 3pm and get 2 mph winds for another complete round. But if you're returning to a "saved" round the system should be able to remember the wind conditions that applied at the time and return you to those conditions on resumption of the round.

In the round i played I obviously had an advantage for the majority of the holes played.

incorrect, the wind is as intended, dynamic and global.

HB_LorinB

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2014, 01:20:21 PM »
They are correct.  It is working as designed.  That being said, we are considering giving the tournament designer the ability to set the wind (Light, Med, Strong, etc.) and then having it the same for all (within that small range) throughout the tournament.

IIIxINFERNOxIII

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2014, 12:14:12 AM »
They are correct.  It is working as designed.  That being said, we are considering giving the tournament designer the ability to set the wind (Light, Med, Strong, etc.) and then having it the same for all (within that small range) throughout the tournament.

Please!!!! Do this.

HitItLong

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2014, 02:43:32 AM »

Hooray Hoooray, jumps for joy!!!!!!

tastegw

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2014, 05:05:04 PM »

this would be great,  would it also be in the same general direction for everyone?

reason i ask,   par 3's, if winds are there, it really sucks to have tail winds, especially longer par 3's, i would hope if there was tail winds on those par 3's, everyone had them.  And reachable par 5's in 2,  head winds for some and not others would really be a problem.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 05:06:46 PM by tastegw »

Colinw

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2015, 04:31:48 PM »
This would be great to have! Especially for TGCTours events!  ;D

rustymike12

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2015, 04:45:06 PM »

This is what many of the players are doing on the tours to get an advantage on the rest of us.

Windows  Home Premium
SP1
64 bit O/S

Intel i5-2500k @ 3.30GHz Quad
16.0GB RAM

MSI Radeon R9 290
4GB GDDR5

OnBoard Intel HD Graphics 3000

3x ACER 27" LED
1 Dell S2409 24"
1 10" Generic LCD

Dawg

• My Byte is worse than my Bark ...
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2015, 09:18:04 PM »
Some always look for a way to Game the system and think that it's ok to do so ...

My most recent course

Humboldt Red Skunk Acres

space-cash