Q-School Practice Tour - UPDATED with Kodiak Reserve Light CC

• 79 Replies

coruler2

• GroupMember
« Reply #60 on: November 29, 2014, 11:33:54 AM »
You guys shooting those scores with the tougher winds or trying to play in lower winds?  I played Yeti in 22mph winds and barely squeaked out a -2.  But I've played before in tournaments and shot -11 range.  Similar to Son Gual...easy to shoot -4/-5 with no wind, but play bounce up with crazy side wind and it's a different beast. 
TGC 2019 Courses:
Negev Valley (TGC2 Port of Israeli National)
The Invaders Golf Site (TGC2019 Original)
Sun Devil Ridge (TGC2 Course remastered)
Connemara Bay Golf Club (TGC2019 Original)
The Legend at Kong Island
*New* Pulseczar Vale

Steam and XB1 name:  coruler2

dlw1964

« Reply #61 on: November 29, 2014, 12:01:49 PM »
It's a shame that the winds can't be set so that everyone plays with the same winds.
I can tell you I will be waiting for favorable winds.
The problem is yeti the 1st course rarely has favorable winds. :(

I consider 0-10 mph favorable winds.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 12:06:07 PM by dlw1964 »

iChaoz XD

« Reply #62 on: November 29, 2014, 12:06:09 PM »
For the -32 I had I just played in the winds it gave me and there was a mixture of high and low winds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BentFiveWood

« Reply #63 on: November 29, 2014, 01:02:37 PM »
It's a shame that the winds can't be set so that everyone plays with the same winds.
I can tell you I will be waiting for favorable winds.
The problem is yeti the 1st course rarely has favorable winds. :(

I consider 0-10 mph favorable winds.

Ya, I shot -2 on the first three courses in high winds and about 20 under last night in fair winds 6-10mph.
Course(s) Created:
Manicouagan Crater
Pointe du Hoc Cliffs V2
Ojibway Bay GC

Steve2golf

« Reply #64 on: November 29, 2014, 01:47:53 PM »
You guys shooting those scores with the tougher winds or trying to play in lower winds?  I played Yeti in 22mph winds and barely squeaked out a -2.  But I've played before in tournaments and shot -11 range.  Similar to Son Gual...easy to shoot -4/-5 with no wind, but play bounce up with crazy side wind and it's a different beast.
I sat down yesterday and went through all 6 rounds in 1 session, I took whatever wind the game gave me, whenever it gave it to me. I seen 20+ and 0.
Course(s) Created TGC 2019:
PGA West (Stadium Course)

iChaoz XD

« Reply #65 on: November 29, 2014, 02:53:00 PM »
I sat down yesterday and went through all 6 rounds in 1 session, I took whatever wind the game gave me, whenever it gave it to me. I seen 20+ and 0.

exactly what people should do. you need to test out different winds.

SAM

• GroupMember
« Reply #66 on: November 29, 2014, 03:32:44 PM »

"Long you live and high you fly,
but only if you ride the tide,
balanced on the biggest wave,
you race toward an early grave."

Steve2golf

« Reply #67 on: November 29, 2014, 04:41:19 PM »

Ahhh, I think someone needs a hug, how dare we talk about Q-school in a Q-school thread.

SAM

• GroupMember
« Reply #68 on: November 30, 2014, 03:04:25 AM »

Ahhh, I think someone needs a hug, how dare we talk about Q-school in a Q-school thread.

"Long you live and high you fly,
but only if you ride the tide,
balanced on the biggest wave,
you race toward an early grave."

DoGgzbollox

« Reply #69 on: November 30, 2014, 05:12:29 AM »
-47 for me! played speed golf thru kodiak, i cannot take that course seriously...seriously!  you guys should be showcasing not just the best for Q school, you should also be using the most playable, because some players are prob gonna get caught playing in high winds during this tour, and will get ripped apart by hit and hope golf, others will catch all the favourable winds. Apart from a few players This tour will not seperate the best from the rest, only the lucky from the unlucky.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 05:27:09 AM by DoGgzbollox »

Steve2golf

« Reply #70 on: November 30, 2014, 08:23:17 AM »
-47 for me! played speed golf thru kodiak, i cannot take that course seriously...seriously!  you guys should be showcasing not just the best for Q school, you should also be using the most playable, because some players are prob gonna get caught playing in high winds during this tour, and will get ripped apart by hit and hope golf, others will catch all the favourable winds. Apart from a few players This tour will not seperate the best from the rest, only the lucky from the unlucky.

Not sure what they were supposed to do, they picked 6 different themes with 6 different condition sets. Not 1 is fast and firm or slow and soft either, looks to me like they did the best they could to mix it up. My peeve is always the uneven tee blocks, as it almost always fools me. No matter what HBS says, the uneven lies do not always jump off line in the right direction.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 08:28:14 AM by Steve2golf »

tastegw

« Reply #71 on: November 30, 2014, 08:38:02 AM »

anserman

« Reply #73 on: November 30, 2014, 11:48:30 AM »

Not sure what they were supposed to do, they picked 6 different themes with 6 different condition sets. Not 1 is fast and firm or slow and soft either, looks to me like they did the best they could to mix it up. My peeve is always the uneven tee blocks, as it almost always fools me. No matter what HBS says, the uneven lies do not always jump off line in the right direction.

firm is really the only setting that doesn't work in this game and 3 of the course have it

Your ghost ball is perfect example of what I'm talking about... there are greens you can't hold with a perfect shot.  That's not golf.

You are one of the best players in this game... and there are holes on those 3 courses you have to chip to get up and down for par not because you hit a bad shot and missed the green but because you hit a great shot and missed the green.

What they were supposed to do is pick many of the better courses that don't rely on that setting to be difficult.

Taste's courses have it because he makes short courses because he likes making you choose off the tee.  If you choose right his courses are defenseless unless he does one thing... firm settings.

His courses are perfectly designed and he's a master of the designer and a trend setter.  The firm setting spoils his brilliant work.

Steve2golf

« Reply #74 on: November 30, 2014, 02:07:34 PM »
I see what you are saying ADX. 3 courses have medium firm as the setting. There does not seem to much difference from med-firm to firm and a ton of difference from med to med-firm. The designers are in a bit of a fix, if they wish to not see players shooting lights out. But it's the game that is faulty IMHO. Set the greens to medium and the ball drops and stops, bump it up 1 notch and they act like trampolines. There needs to be something in between.

space-cash