Q-School Practice Tour - UPDATED with Kodiak Reserve Light CC

• 79 Replies

BentFiveWood

« on: September 21, 2014, 12:10:37 AM »
Hi all,

I just republished this tour and it is now called New Q-School Practice Tour (Final)

It is listed under tours and includes one round of all of awesome and challenging courses being used for TGC Tours Q-School in December.

You all now have a lot of time to learn the subtle nuances of the courses and it should let everyone know where they stand before going into the actual event.

The event has no expiry date so everyone should be able to play it multiple times.

I am going to start right away.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 03:20:20 PM by BentFiveWood »
Course(s) Created:
Manicouagan Crater
Pointe du Hoc Cliffs V2
Ojibway Bay GC

anserman

« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2014, 02:13:13 AM »
Tied your even for round 1 - that played tough with 19 mph :)

BentFiveWood

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2014, 09:14:54 AM »
Ya, I had 16mph.  Ditto for second round.
Course(s) Created:
Manicouagan Crater
Pointe du Hoc Cliffs V2
Ojibway Bay GC

anserman

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2014, 08:02:14 PM »
sigh

played 2 rounds and tied you with -10 on the second now it shows I havent played a round at all

This stuff is getting old - no idea how anyone can run an actual tour when it's potluck if you lose your progress or not

JayJayJames3223

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2014, 07:03:36 AM »
Where do you sign up for the Q-School?

I see the player list on TGCTours.
Steam: RhythmicSlaps

SmilingGoats

• GroupMember
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2014, 09:54:56 AM »
On the home page, there is a big red button under the courses slider that says Register for Q-School.  Or just go here if you're logged in:  http://tgctours.com/Tournament/RegisterQSchool

JayJayJames3223

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2014, 09:20:25 PM »
On the home page, there is a big red button under the courses slider that says Register for Q-School.  Or just go here if you're logged in:  http://tgctours.com/Tournament/RegisterQSchool

ahh, thanks. I guess I was blind last night.
Steam: RhythmicSlaps

tastegw

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2014, 02:50:17 AM »
a little heads up:

the courses you are practicing on, may not be the final versions of the courses you will play.  8)

ISAWTHAT

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2014, 10:45:46 AM »
Not sure why they selected these 6 courses in such haste, (are these courses set in stone?).  There's still over 2 months left before the Q-school starts.  With patches coming out soon on all platforms, you might think they'd wait to see some of the designer courses that might be more worthy of some of the courses already selected.
XBOX GT:  SndFreak64

tastegw

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2014, 06:45:10 PM »
Not sure why they selected these 6 courses in such haste, (are these courses set in stone?).  There's still over 2 months left before the Q-school starts.  With patches coming out soon on all platforms, you might think they'd wait to see some of the designer courses that might be more worthy of some of the courses already selected.

whats wrong with those courses?  only some of the best in the game currently.

Thrangar

« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2014, 03:40:37 PM »

I think its also a hats off acknowledgment to long time designers, who do this for the tour guys, who like these kinda courses ofr their competitions
Proud Member of the sub par club at McKee McGrodo (black Widow)

johneric8

• GroupMember
  • Been here since the beginning!
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2014, 06:41:21 PM »
So my question is are the scores on the tour correct?   The reason I'm asking is that I'm seeing -40 or something of that nature and I find it very hard to believe that too many players could play the courses one time through without starting over and get those kind of scores.

Please humor me here since I haven't messed with tours or tourny's yet, and for all practical purposes the  q-school practice tour was my first....    Are the scores broken or did tastegw really score -40 through the 5 or 6 courses?   I'm not saying it can't be done,  I'm just alarmed that is all....   I played each course once and didn't start over at all because I'm thinking that is proper protocol for the spirit of the game...
Please HB,  give us a way to share user created society templates of our tour course schedules.

HitItLong

« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2014, 06:55:46 PM »
It is an average of minus 6 to 7 on each course, so of course it is possible for anybody with a bit of ability. I am currently playing the console version of this tour and I am -22 after 4 courses.

Are you suggesting shooting rounds of 6 or 7 under is unreasonable?
FirstBlitzer Au on Xbox One

Disturbed932

« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2014, 07:27:54 PM »

So my question is are the scores on the tour correct?   The reason I'm asking is that I'm seeing -40 or something of that nature and I find it very hard to believe that too many players could play the courses one time through without starting over and get those kind of scores.

Please humor me here since I haven't messed with tours or tourny's yet, and for all practical purposes the  q-school practice tour was my first....    Are the scores broken or did tastegw really score -40 through the 5 or 6 courses?   I'm not saying it can't be done,  I'm just alarmed that is all....   I played each course once and didn't start over at all because I'm thinking that is proper protocol for the spirit of the game...

I know I busted my butt to shoot -31. I treated like an LGGT a event. 100% focus no dogs no ipad lol

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus 64GB

johneric8

• GroupMember
  • Been here since the beginning!
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2014, 07:29:51 PM »
From my perspective, if you just play without starting over on all 6 courses I do find that it's pretty unreasonable considering the wind on some of those courses and also the difficulty.   But, please understand my thinking might just be coming from the fact that I played with some terrible winds and I never started over I don't know....      Either way,  at the end of the day it is what it is and people can play the game however they want to play...  My questions come from a place of a total newbie in regards to tours and tourneys....

But I agree that scoring -6 on average is plausible for really good players that is for certain.
Please HB,  give us a way to share user created society templates of our tour course schedules.

space-cash